Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,669 members, 7,816,750 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:23 PM

Help Me Choose My First Car - Autos (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Help Me Choose My First Car (2108 Views)

Car Lovers!,can You Help Me Choose Between These Two Cars? / I Am Planning To Acquire My First Car With A Budget Of 500K / Saudi Arabia's First Car Showroom For Women Only Opens In Jeddah(Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help Me Choose My First Car by Eldemmi(m): 8:02pm On Dec 21, 2020
ITbomb:

We were not talking about the best cars, Elantra is betterment r than Accent, Compressor is better than C320 and C240

I think you don't know what Kompressor mean, it means turbo charged ...4matic means 4wd .. any Benz vehicle can come with either of this or both or none...

so basically a C320 or C240 can be Kompressor or 4matic type...

I repeat C320 2005 is reliable.
Re: Help Me Choose My First Car by DonnyE(m): 8:10pm On Dec 21, 2020
peeps4u:

1. Civic is better than Corolla in terms of fuel economy.
2. Civic is relatively cheaper to maintain than Corolla.

This is not to say there are no departments where Corolla doesn't beat any of the cars but just to lay the rest the bolded part.
I don't agree, they are the same in those two, now talk about been rugged, ground clearance, resale value and and total reliability. That's why it's the most sold and most used car in the world. Not just Nigeria. If you don't like the popularity of the 03 - 08 , get the 09 and get a tracker. All cars need trackers these days self.

Re: Help Me Choose My First Car by peeps4u: 8:19pm On Dec 21, 2020
DonnyE:

I don't agree, they are the same in those two, now talk about been rugged, ground clearance, resale value and and total reliability. That's why it's the most sold and most used car in the world. Not just Nigeria. If you don't like the popularity of the 03 - 08 , get the 09 and get a tracker. All cars need trackers these days self.

They are not the same in the two. Civic is more fuel efficient than Corolla. Also, civic parts are cheaper than Corolla.

I'm not contesting which one is better or stronger but only telling there are departments where civic beat Corolla. Even Elantra has better fuel economy than Corolla.
Re: Help Me Choose My First Car by sandra2020: 10:12am On Dec 31, 2020
Thank you all for your inputs finally got a tokunbo toyota,I hope this page also helps someone because it was not an easy journey,cheers to the new year
Re: Help Me Choose My First Car by BlueRayDick: 9:14pm On Dec 31, 2020
sandra2020:
Thank you all for your inputs finally got a tokunbo toyota,I hope this page also helps someone because it was not an easy journey,cheers to the new year

Which of the Toyota's did u get?
Re: Help Me Choose My First Car by nedekid: 9:39pm On Dec 31, 2020
sandra2020:
Please I'm in a dilemma, trying to get my first car and dont know which to go for I'm looking for something with low maintenance and minimal issues so far I've seen avalon 2008,highlander,infinix 06, toyota spider 08 all nigerian used and honda Civic tokunbo they all dont have issues at the moment according to my mechanic but finding it hard to decide based on the fact I havent used a car before and i dont know the issues I could be dealing with later,thank you
Go for a corolla. Upgrade later.

1 Like

Re: Help Me Choose My First Car by nedekid: 9:47pm On Dec 31, 2020
Trustme2:

What's your budget. Buy 09 Corrola. Preferably Tokunbo. You won't regret it
Forget Avalon, it looses shape easily, no second hand value, forget infinity, Camry is Ok but it shorts oil over time especially the 07-09 model. Civic isn't bad anyway.Fuel economical
Kai. Your analysis is accurate.
Trying to get an 2008 Avalon. Noticed it truelly loses shape. I think the 2012 model is better.
Re: Help Me Choose My First Car by donbrowser(m): 9:58pm On Dec 31, 2020
sandra2020:
Please I'm in a dilemma, trying to get my first car and dont know which to go for I'm looking for something with low maintenance and minimal issues so far I've seen avalon 2008,highlander,infinix 06, toyota spider 08 all nigerian used and honda Civic tokunbo they all dont have issues at the moment according to my mechanic but finding it hard to decide based on the fact I havent used a car before and i dont know the issues I could be dealing with later,thank you

Whatever you do in this life. Don't buy Honda. You turn steering small laidis... You know the rest.
Re: Help Me Choose My First Car by roundman: 10:23pm On Dec 31, 2020
donbrowser:

Whatever you do in this life. Don't buy Honda. You turn steering small laidis... You know the rest.
Not true,i use a honda city 2012 ,has not given me any issues to bother about, been using it since 2013.

1 Like

Re: Help Me Choose My First Car by tizteezy(m): 8:29am On Jan 01, 2021
roundman:
Not true,i use a honda city 2012 ,has not given me any issues to bother about, been using it since 2013.

Dash me this car na. Me loves it

And me knows u don big pass am now �

1 Like

Re: Help Me Choose My First Car by holusormi(m): 8:58am On Jan 01, 2021
Buy the Toyota spyda please !!!
You won’t regret it , that was also my first car and I loved it !!!
Re: Help Me Choose My First Car by alphabbey1(m): 7:45pm On Jan 01, 2021
ITbomb:

Hyundai Accent (Not Elantra, never Sonata)
Honda Civic (not City, never Accord)
Benz C240 (not c3xx, never Compressor)
loved the analysis

(1) (2) (Reply)

2010 Toyota Camry Sport Edition (REGISTERED) Full Options @2.4m / Lamborghini AVENTADOR 2012 For Sale (pics) / Sold! Sold!!sold!!!First Body Registered Lexus ES300 (full Option) For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.