Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,146 members, 7,818,437 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:50 PM

What Is Ministry All About? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is Ministry All About? (173 Views)

What Exactly Is Ministry And Who Is A Minister __ Apostle Joshua Selman. / Benny Hinn 'Faints' As A Nigerian Sows $1 Million Into His Ministry (Video) / Members Of Salvation Ministry Blasted For Buying Their PAPA A Private Jet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Ministry All About? by Nobody: 7:37am On Dec 20, 2020
I used to think ministry was preaching from a pulpit or leading a church.

In my own opinion, ministry isn't something we do, rather something we are.

Just because a person carries an anointing doesn't mean full time Christian ministry.

In the past, the church has had a reaction whereby anyone who has an obvious anointing is enlisted in a bible college and then given a church.

God wants anointed people to work at Shoprite, in banks, building sites, in the market, in science and in government.

Why do we feel the need to put them through a process that ultimately takes them out of their mission field? Just because we carry an anointing (which we all do) doesn't mean we have to create a brand or a ministry around us. We can be anointed people with normal 9-5 jobs.

We no longer need to carry the heavy burden of "trying to make it" in ministry. Our burden can be light.

You are a living, breathing 5 fold ministry on legs. Your life is now the pulpit and the world your congregation. The power that was once on the platform has now been loosed over ordinary people- the plumbers, the retail assistants, the home keepers. Normal ordinary people, just like you and me.

Ministry doesn't start when your name appears on the church payroll. Ministry started the moment you decided to follow The Son of God.

You are the ministry!

1 Like

Re: What Is Ministry All About? by Ihedinobi3: 5:39pm On Dec 22, 2020
BelovedSaint:
I used to think ministry was preaching from a pulpit or leading a church.

In my own opinion, ministry isn't something we do, rather something we are.

Just because a person carries an anointing doesn't mean full time Christian ministry.

In the past, the church has had a reaction whereby anyone who has an obvious anointing is enlisted in a bible college and then given a church.

God wants anointed people to work at Shoprite, in banks, building sites, in the market, in science and in government.

Why do we feel the need to put them through a process that ultimately takes them out of their mission field? Just because we carry an anointing (which we all do) doesn't mean we have to create a brand or a ministry around us. We can be anointed people with normal 9-5 jobs.

We no longer need to carry the heavy burden of "trying to make it" in ministry. Our burden can be light.

You are a living, breathing 5 fold ministry on legs. Your life is now the pulpit and the world your congregation. The power that was once on the platform has now been loosed over ordinary people- the plumbers, the retail assistants, the home keepers. Normal ordinary people, just like you and me.

Ministry doesn't start when your name appears on the church payroll. Ministry started the moment you decided to follow The Son of God.

You are the ministry!

Hello.

Is this your own idea or do the Scriptures teach this? If it is your own idea, do you really think it wise to encourage others to believe it? If the Scriptures teach it, where do they?
Re: What Is Ministry All About? by CodeTemplar: 5:44pm On Dec 22, 2020
ministering.
Re: What Is Ministry All About? by Dtruthspeaker: 5:49pm On Dec 22, 2020
Ministry means SERVICE, To Serve.

Not To Be Served!

(1) (Reply)

Prayer Points On Today's Open Heavens :monday, December 21, 2020 / This Section Is Now Very Dry And Less Edifying / Imela(gospel Song) By E.A Franklyn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.