Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,724 members, 7,816,977 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:56 PM

Help Needed On Car Wash Business - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Help Needed On Car Wash Business (2659 Views)

Cost Of Starting A Standard Car Wash Business In Nigeria. / Starting A Car Wash Business, Pls Help / Setting Up A Car Wash Business In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Needed On Car Wash Business by fineass: 10:28pm On Jun 30, 2007
HI @all,
I am a young entrepreneur who really would like to know what it takes to start up a car wash business in a part of ikorodu.i would love it if i could get replies from those that are involved or have ideas on what it would take to own and manage rightly, acar wash business.
I sure would be waiting on replies Thank you. Peace cool cool
Re: Help Needed On Car Wash Business by IykeD(m): 11:23pm On Jun 30, 2007
[url][/url]

I second , i am also interested in this Business, so guys pour out your suggestions
Re: Help Needed On Car Wash Business by oxax99(m): 12:52pm On Jul 01, 2007
To be sincere, car wash business as it were is a very good and productive one, considering how you want to play in it. However, there are some factors that you need to put right before you can really say "I am doing well". Location, machinery (full auto or manual wash) and staff are key success factors that would make you climb or plung. For a place like Ikorodu, I would say you have population on your side, that is if a lot of people work in Ikorodu and care for their cars. However, put these in mind as a need:

1. A piece of land with good slope gradient towards a major ar very good drainage (you won't want to be an
enviroment detroyer.
2. Machinery/supplies - You'd need a pumping machine, water outlet connection. (this varies depending on the number
of wash ports you want. Supplies are the detergent, cleaning agents, stain removers, rust treatment, dryers etc.
3. Staffing - at least 2 persons to man a port. One washing, one rinsing then both to dry and do interiors.
4. A manager. This person needs to be either You, You, or someone you trust to make good returns.

I have done a business plan on this business, just giving this information freely as the market is very wide.
Re: Help Needed On Car Wash Business by fineass: 11:59am On Jul 02, 2007
Hi oxax99,
thanks for the reply, about the business plan are u giving mi free or i have to pay u for it .if free, dis is ma email addy donelpee@yahoo.com
Thank u. Peace cool
Re: Help Needed On Car Wash Business by naijacutee(f): 12:42pm On Jul 18, 2007

Here is a sample business plan which you might want to look at.

Soapy Rides will be providing customers with three services: exterior car washing, , interior cleaning, and detailing. Soapy Rides has no true competitors that are trying to offer a high quality service for a reasonable rate. Most are trying to compete on price alone. Soapy Rides' ability to provide a high quality service, both in regards to the actual washing as well as customer service is all based on their ability to find the best employees. Hiring the best employees is cost effective because it decreases HR costs associated with turnover and other employee costs. Hiring the best employees and making sure that they are well taken care of ensures that they in turn take care of the customers. Study after study proves that a happy employee is far more likely to provide the highest level of customer service compared to an employee who is not happy and feels that they are being taken advantage of.

The Customers

Soapy Rides will target three main groups of customers: individual car owner and leasers, car dealerships, and local businesses. The surrounding area is quite affluent, 40% of the residents earn over $70,000 a year. Consequently, they have nice cars and want them to look nice. There are five different car dealerships within a three-mile radius which will require car washing services for the various fleets. Lastly, there are many different local businesses that have company cars and that require clean appearances.

Management

The strength of Mark's experience and his family's name equity and assistance is Soapy Rides' competitive edge as well as a significant asset. Mark has been involved in the family's car repair business for the last ten years. He has worked his way through the organization and has been the manager for the last five years overseeing operations of $1.2 million annually. Before the family venture, Mark received his MBA from Cornell University. With 30 years invested in the community, the Deshpande family name has generated significant value as a fair, active member of the community. Lastly, Soapy Rides will be able to leverage several of the Deshpande's for their business expertise.

Soapy Rides is positioning itself as the premier hand car wash serving the Long Island area. Mark has forecasted a 20% market share. The business will generate a 95% gross margin and an 11% net margin after year one and 20.79% after year three. By year three the business will have developed a yearly net profit of $48,000 .

The rest of this business can be found here : http://www.bplans.com/Sample_Business_Plans/Car_Wash_And_Automotive_Business_Plans/Car_Wash_Business_Plan/Executive_Summary.cfm
Good luck!
Re: Help Needed On Car Wash Business by fineass: 1:15pm On Jul 18, 2007
Thanks naijacutee wink cheesy grin peace cool

(1) (Reply)

Oceanic Bank Visa Cards / What Business I Can Do In Liberia That Will Bring Me Money ?. / Interswitch Refused To Pay Back Money Debited From My Account

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.