Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,070 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:18 AM

Osinbajo: Govt Alone Can’t Provide People’s Economic Needs - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osinbajo: Govt Alone Can’t Provide People’s Economic Needs (9086 Views)

Military Alone Can’t Solve Northwest’s Security Crisis — Shettima / General Farouk Yahaya: Army Alone Can’t Solve Nigeria’s Security Problems / Lai Muhammed: Buhari Alone Can’t Be Blamed For Nigeria’s Debt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osinbajo: Govt Alone Can’t Provide People’s Economic Needs by Nobody: 12:59pm On Dec 20, 2020
TheRareGem1:
No government anywhere in the world can make provision for every need of every citizen in the country, the govt can only try her best & perform optimally in this regard & we need to seek private sector to work with the govt interm of nation building; this is what can guarantee our prosperity
Create enabling envoironment, is that too difficult for nigerian government to do.
Let there be security, power, good roads, good government policies.
You're there saying what I don't know.
Re: Osinbajo: Govt Alone Can’t Provide People’s Economic Needs by Femeto: 1:03pm On Dec 20, 2020
grin Yet una Dey chop the money allocated for these things.
Re: Osinbajo: Govt Alone Can’t Provide People’s Economic Needs by translux(m): 1:03pm On Dec 20, 2020
We are not asking the Government to provide all our economics needs, all we are asking from this failed Government is Give us a good and motorable roads, give us electricity and make things affordable for everyone through your laws and regulation, imagine I bought 5 dollars yesterday for over 3k

Rubbish.
Re: Osinbajo: Govt Alone Can’t Provide People’s Economic Needs by profbray(m): 1:03pm On Dec 20, 2020
Did you say this during your campaign?

Don't mind dem, during the campaign there will promise heaven and earth and when there get the position there will begin to make excuses upandan for their failure!!! , believe this ppl @ ur own risk
Re: Osinbajo: Govt Alone Can’t Provide People’s Economic Needs by Nobody: 1:04pm On Dec 20, 2020
OgundeleTeju:
So many people are ignorant of this,all they are after is govt should provide everything for them even if possible provide their undies,
The thing people are asking is enabling environment, nothing else.
Common 24hrs electricity no dey Nigeria, everywhere generator noise, very embarrassing, pollution of the environment(low air quality - low life expectancy).
See how they're killing farmers how do expect people to feel safe.
How do you attract FDI to Nigeria with insecurity every where.
Re: Osinbajo: Govt Alone Can’t Provide People’s Economic Needs by Blackdisciple(m): 1:05pm On Dec 20, 2020
The oil marketer are talking on government allowing them fix refineries but the government will not adhere to it.

The road they couldn't do to inside my street I went to them to allow me do the road to my street but they refused asking me to pay them and still have to use government road contractors, so do such government want development.. No
Re: Osinbajo: Govt Alone Can’t Provide People’s Economic Needs by martinmiller: 1:05pm On Dec 20, 2020
Stop making a foolery of your self, stop it already.

You sound Asif you don't leave in Nigeria, look across the 36 states and I will bombarded you with breathtaking statistics and it will blow you away with the incompetent of this led administration and the previous.

The problem of Nigeria are Nigerians and people of your Calibre, who celebrate mediocrity and earn it as a living.

quote author=TheRareGem1 post=97255066]

Since this administration came board, electricity has improve though not best ...but it has improved seriously

Roads, we can see that one of the highest score of this government is execution of capital project; rail, bridge, road. So you can't take that away from them

Enabling environment, you need to Google how we have been ranked high in the ease of doing business world ranking. Which means the government intervention, empowerment schemes are paying well [/quote]
Re: Osinbajo: Govt Alone Can’t Provide People’s Economic Needs by Sirmuel1(m): 1:06pm On Dec 20, 2020
okefranci:

Your comment has no substantial proof so go and sit down

Who is asking for our daily need? We just want electricity, security, and good roads. Is that too much to ask?
Re: Osinbajo: Govt Alone Can’t Provide People’s Economic Needs by tunapawizzy: 1:22pm On Dec 20, 2020
TheRareGem1:

Since this administration came board, electricity has improve though not best ...but it has improved seriously
Roads, we can see that one of the highest score of this government is execution of capital project; rail, bridge, road. So you can't take that away from them
Enabling environment, you need to Google how we have been ranked high in the ease of doing business world ranking. Which means the government intervention, empowerment schemes are paying well
so all these ranking ehn...how many businesses e dun create, how many jobs those businesses dun create...shebi our unemployment rate/numbers dun reduce?
Re: Osinbajo: Govt Alone Can’t Provide People’s Economic Needs by Masterchef(m): 1:29pm On Dec 20, 2020
achorladey:
The Question that needs to be asked is

The houses Nigerians are living is provided by who?

The borehole in the compound of that same house is provided by who?

Do you have at least one electricity generator in that same compound? Who provides it?

How many days of the week for you get to board a Federal GOVERNMENT provide transportation means weekly for free?

How many neighbourhood Police Force is attached to your community not to talk of your own street?

The security or night watch in your Community/street is paid and provide by who?

The schools provided by the government are they up to standard required for a Nigerian to be well educated?

The Money spent on health care and medical bills is paid by who?

The REALITY on ground is that Nigerians are already HELPING the Government but the Government don't appreciate the help neither do they know they are being helped.

Perhaps looking for excuse that is inadmissible.

You said it all.

Nigerians are already overburdened while the APC government lacks policies and the will to urgently

1. Reduce cost of governance
2. Restructure, promote equity and allow states to control their resources.
3. Encourage large industries that will feed SMEs and allow us to start exporting cars, steel, aluminium, power, petrol, rice etc. within a single 4-year term

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo: Govt Alone Can’t Provide People’s Economic Needs by tunapawizzy: 1:30pm On Dec 20, 2020
Blackdisciple:
The oil marketer are talking on government allowing them fix refineries but the government will not adhere to it.

The road they couldn't do to inside my street I went to them to allow me do the road to my street but they refused asking me to pay them and still have to use government road contractors, so do such government want development.. No
I was going to mention this earlier..u still have to bribe to fix roads with ur resources....Nigeria is really really hard...young people in tech are doing the most with fintech...CBN and commercial banks will still be frustrating them that they are hijacking activities of conventional banks...responsibilities that you have refused to carry out......u dont give loans to micro businesses only dem dangote n co u give loans to, small fintech will create platform to give funds to micro n small businesses ..CBN and commercial banks still dey gang up to frustrate them.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo: Govt Alone Can’t Provide People’s Economic Needs by Ihatemumu: 1:33pm On Dec 20, 2020
What have the government provided?
And why is it added to our budget yearly when the same funds can't provide for the people?
Re: Osinbajo: Govt Alone Can’t Provide People’s Economic Needs by airliner(m): 1:34pm On Dec 20, 2020
inoki247:
You people no get sense Government alone can't provide everything buh if u guys give us conducive environment with security nd electricity that alone will help the private sector....
Oil dey ur head oshare
Re: Osinbajo: Govt Alone Can’t Provide People’s Economic Needs by tunapawizzy: 1:35pm On Dec 20, 2020
OgundeleTeju:
So many people are ignorant of this,all they are after is govt should provide everything for them even if possible provide their undies,
the goverment is not providing the enabling environment but the people are the issue..... i hope you are making money from making posts like this.....otherwise u dey f**k up
Re: Osinbajo: Govt Alone Can’t Provide People’s Economic Needs by akaahs(m): 1:38pm On Dec 20, 2020
Blackmoran:
The job of the government is to create a enable eviroment and flexible atmosphere for business and industries to flourish.
Have they done that the answer is capital NO!
No regular power supply, bad infrastructure, and a fluctuating economy that you can't risk even if you want to invest
And lastly the major no 1 important task of any government is security which this government has failed woefully...
In conclusion the government should shut up and do the needfull and stop giving excuses..
U have spoken my mind. Some people up there are spewing rubbish
Re: Osinbajo: Govt Alone Can’t Provide People’s Economic Needs by Flynnthekidd(m): 1:41pm On Dec 20, 2020
No government anywhere in the world can make provision for every need of every citizen in the country, the govt can only try her best but y'all are not doing shit much less "trying your best" ...quick question, did you people say this during your campaign??
Re: Osinbajo: Govt Alone Can’t Provide People’s Economic Needs by EASTERNPOL: 1:51pm On Dec 20, 2020
Government Policies can go a long way to provide for people's need, of which we are not seeing from this government, rather what we have received from this government is insecurity Nationwide, disunity, lack of infrastructures, lack of enabling environment for businesses to strive, deliberately obstructing businesses.
After Buhari, Nigerians should never again, allow anyone without business, human resources and managerial skills to leed our country again
Re: Osinbajo: Govt Alone Can’t Provide People’s Economic Needs by Flynnthekidd(m): 1:52pm On Dec 20, 2020
TheRareGem1:
No government anywhere in the world can make provision for every need of every citizen in the country, the govt can only try her best & perform optimally in this regard & we need to seek private sector to work with the govt interm of nation building; this is what can guarantee our prosperity

The ones they're supposed to be providing, are they providing it?? Abi na private sector go still provide security for the country?? Na private sector go provide Electricity?? Na private sector to implement business friendly policies??

Make u dey use your 6 before you talk gibberish!
Re: Osinbajo: Govt Alone Can’t Provide People’s Economic Needs by Flynnthekidd(m): 1:54pm On Dec 20, 2020
OgundeleTeju:

And so many idiots(like you) are ignorant of the fact that govt should provide enabling environments for them to thrive but no you choose to be dumb!!
Re: Osinbajo: Govt Alone Can’t Provide People’s Economic Needs by Flynnthekidd(m): 1:55pm On Dec 20, 2020
Thunder1010:
In as much a father can not provide everything needed by his family as small it could be, No government can provide everything needed by the citizens. The efforts of individuals and private organizations has a long way in moving this nation for, and sustain our economy.

"In as much a father cannot provide everything..." Quick question, has the government provided anything?
Re: Osinbajo: Govt Alone Can’t Provide People’s Economic Needs by bejeria101(m): 1:56pm On Dec 20, 2020
After they have stolen our yams?

Their kids can school abroad and our educational sector can go to whatever hell it chooses.

Our health care is in dilapidated conditions, while the clowns go to UK and other countries for medical care.

Excuses and more excuses.

Awon werey
Re: Osinbajo: Govt Alone Can’t Provide People’s Economic Needs by obama30: 2:36pm On Dec 20, 2020
Esseite:
The question now is, which one has the Government provided optimally?..

The government has provide this so far

Terrorist
Bandits
Gun men
Insurgent
Fulanis headers and farmers clash
Fighters

Gun men, according to Nigeria government, gun men is different from bandits, and bandit is different from fulanis terrorist, and fulanis terrorist is different from insurgent. And to Nigeria soldiers insurgent is address as fighters.

Individuals should assist government in development, when the government officials has secure citizenship of develop nations with our tax money.

They secure citizenship of others nations incase if nigeria situation goes out of hand, they can run to there as a citizen.

Believe them on your own risky
Re: Osinbajo: Govt Alone Can’t Provide People’s Economic Needs by Nobody: 2:38pm On Dec 20, 2020
YOU MEAN PEOPLE WHO GET PAID DURING THE ELECTION (YOU EAT YOUR CAKE PLS STOP DISTURBING GOVERNMENT
Re: Osinbajo: Govt Alone Can’t Provide People’s Economic Needs by joefelin2345: 2:42pm On Dec 20, 2020
nyiamfrank:
Did you say this during your campaign?
Thank you my friend. The VP should even tell us what this Govt has been providing for its citizens. I detest hates this type of speech as if any of us has been waiting for Govt provision over the years. Yeye talk .
Re: Osinbajo: Govt Alone Can’t Provide People’s Economic Needs by Nobody: 2:44pm On Dec 20, 2020
akaahs:

U have spoken my mind. Some people up there are spewing rubbish
the Nigerian's who is collecting money before cast their vote pls what message are they send
Re: Osinbajo: Govt Alone Can’t Provide People’s Economic Needs by Nobody: 2:46pm On Dec 20, 2020
Flynnthekidd:
No government anywhere in the world can make provision for every need of every citizen in the country, the govt can only try her best but y'all are not doing shit much less "trying your best" ...quick question, did you people say this during your campaign??
ALSO TELL ME THE REASON NIGERIAN'S KEEP COLLECTING MONEY BEFORE VOTE FOR THEIR CANDIDATE
Re: Osinbajo: Govt Alone Can’t Provide People’s Economic Needs by tegrianonigltd(m): 2:56pm On Dec 20, 2020
TheRareGem1:

Enabling environment, you need to Google how we have been ranked high in the ease of doing business world ranking. Which means the government intervention, empowerment schemes are paying well

Uae was developed in 10-15 years before other recent developments, Lagos have been under one administration, as other states, see ehn , all of them are bastard, what’s the economic state of the country?? What’s the road state of the country??, you talk about improvement, improvements that’s not visible to the eye??
Re: Osinbajo: Govt Alone Can’t Provide People’s Economic Needs by Nobody: 3:12pm On Dec 20, 2020
Government needs to stop squeezing those trying to help the economy.

We are happy to develop and provide jobs if stupid taxes, crazy parastatals agents and court appointed thugs don’t keep shaking somebody down for barely scraping by.
Re: Osinbajo: Govt Alone Can’t Provide People’s Economic Needs by Tareq1105: 3:12pm On Dec 20, 2020
OgundeleTeju:

We understand but my take is that those in government (Reps members, senators, ministers, etc) should use the money they've stolen to establish businesses and small scale industries in their respective localities so that those who doesn't not have the opportunity to steal can earn a living.

The VP should establish something in Ikenne for the people at home to earn a living and not grammar and grammar.

Our poverty is not bcoz politicians stole our common wealth rather it's the way the stolen monies were used that is the problem.

If the stolen funds is plough back to the community there would not be this high level suffering.

But when you did not do anything economically productive with the stolen funds then the people are seriously hit bcoz it's double loss.
Re: Osinbajo: Govt Alone Can’t Provide People’s Economic Needs by Kay25(m): 3:50pm On Dec 20, 2020
TheRareGem1:
yes but tell me the one that Nigerian government has done effectively?
Re: Osinbajo: Govt Alone Can’t Provide People’s Economic Needs by sniperr007(m): 4:03pm On Dec 20, 2020
TheRareGem1:

Good but the government create environment that encourages private sector and form policies to do that.

But in Nigeria, environment and policy is zero from this government.

So he should keep quiet.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ganduje: I Will Be Active In Politics Beyond 2023 / PDP Initiates Reconciliatory Steps To Reclaim South-East / Ocean Surge Sacks 1000: Lagos Begs FG For Financial Aid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.