Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,408 members, 7,826,579 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 04:32 PM

Women In History Who Clearly Had More Balls Than Men - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Women In History Who Clearly Had More Balls Than Men (5731 Views)

ASUU President Clearly Don't Want Us To Resume Year 2022 / 10 Activists In Nigerian History Who Represent The Resilience Of Its People / Ozibo Ekele Graduates With First Class In History From University Of Ibadan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Women In History Who Clearly Had More Balls Than Men by Zimri(m): 8:07pm On Dec 20, 2020
The sourcerer is around.
Re: Women In History Who Clearly Had More Balls Than Men by TheSourcerer: 8:55pm On Dec 20, 2020
Uyi168:
Your title is unnecessary.
I'm not even thinking of changing the title.
Re: Women In History Who Clearly Had More Balls Than Men by Kenneygirl(f): 10:40pm On Dec 20, 2020
TheSourcerer:
Maya Angelou (1928 – 2014)

“I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.”

Maya Angelou is one of the most influential women in American history and was a poet, singer, memoirist, and civil rights activist, whose award-winning memoir I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings made literary history as the first nonfiction best-seller by an African-American woman.

Angelou had a difficult childhood. As a black woman growing up in Stamps, Arkansas, Maya experienced racial prejudices and discrimination all throughout her life. At the age of seven, Angelou was assaulted by her mother’s boyfriend, who was then killed by her uncles as revenge. The incident traumatised Angelou to the point that she became a virtual mute for many years.

I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings as well as her other works have been one of the loudest voices in the civil rights movement, and explore subjects such as identity, rape, racism, and literacy, and illustrate how strength of character and a love of literature can help overcome racism and trauma.
Re: Women In History Who Clearly Had More Balls Than Men by Cetacean419: 12:34am On Dec 21, 2020
Marie Currie is the most impressive so far
Re: Women In History Who Clearly Had More Balls Than Men by jnoz23(m): 1:47am On Dec 21, 2020
what about Amelia Earhart?
Re: Women In History Who Clearly Had More Balls Than Men by Oesophagus99(m): 8:20am On Dec 21, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:

HOW DOES SHE HAVE MORE BALLS THAN MEN WHEN SHE NEVER RACED AGAINST MEN?

LIKE KARLEB SAYS, THIS COMPARISON IS UNCALLED FOR. THESE WOMEN MAY HAVE ACHIEVED GREAT THINGS. BUT THESE ACHIEVEMENTS ARE WAY MORE INFERIOR THAN THE LEAST OF THINGS ACCOMPLISHED BY MEN.

YOU WANT TO SOUND "EQUAL" BUT IT NEVER WORKS BECAUSE SEXISM IS EVIDENT IN EVERYTHING YOU DO AND SAY.

OH MY GOD!

YOU'VE JUST RENDERED THE FEMINIST MUTE, FOR GOOD.
Re: Women In History Who Clearly Had More Balls Than Men by Oesophagus99(m): 8:32am On Dec 21, 2020
TheSourcerer:
1. Of course queen Amina
I have to get that CAPSLOCKED
QUEEN AMINA

At a time when men dominated most aspects of life, Amina the queen of Zazzau emerged. A skillful Hausa warrior, she commanded a vast army which conquered many territories and greatly expanded her kingdom.
How can you sum up what Amina of Zazzau stands for?

'Amina, a woman like a man!' This is the slogan used to describe Amina. Everything she did as a queen exceeded what her male predecessors had done. She now symbolizes the spirit and strength of womanhood.

When and where did Amina live?

Amina is believed to have been born in the16th century but scholars differ on the exact date of her birth. She lived in what is now Zaria City, in Kaduna State, Nigeria.

What is Amina remembered for?

She is mostly remembered as the revered warrior queen.

She reigned for 34 years and greatly expanded her kingdom through conquests. She also opened up trade routes and is believed to have initiated the cultivation of kola nuts in the territory she ruled.

The second sultan of Sokoto, Mohammed Bello, who was also a son to Usman dan Fodio, the famous Islamic Crusader, first wrote about her in his book 'Infaku'l Maisuri' (The Wages of the Fortunate). According to him, Amina was the first to introduce administration as we know it to Hausa societies, and she also had a unique gift of leadership.

What controversy still surrounds Amina's existence?

Some have argued that Amina's story is a myth and that she never existed. But there is evidence that points to her existence. One example is the walls she built around the major cities she conquered. Furthermore, there are still structures and ruins of what used to be her palace and military training grounds in Zaria.

Although she didn't have children of her own, there are claims that direct descendants of her other siblings are still alive and are among the elite ruling houses of the emirate.

Her cause and place of death remains a matter of contention, but it is widely accepted that she died in battle at Atagara, a place in present day Kogi State, north central Nigeria.

How present is Amina in modern Nigeria and beyond?

Various places and institutions in northern Nigeria bear Amina's name. One of these is a government secondary school named after her in Kaduna state, Queen Amina College. There are also female hostels called Queen Amina Hall in Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria, and the University of Lagos.

The character in the US-American television series 'Xena: Warrior Princess' is said to have been inspired by Amina, princess and later queen of Zazzau.

GREAT ACHIEVEMENTS INDEED.. BUT THEY CAN NEVER DO THE SIMPLE ACT OF URINATING INSIDE BOTTLE WITHOUT USING A FUNNEL & WITHOUT SPEWING D FLOOR
Re: Women In History Who Clearly Had More Balls Than Men by TheSourcerer: 8:33am On Dec 21, 2020
okrikaboi:
The sorcerer has wonderful content but he seems to be against the MGTOW movement recently. These women clearly did wonderfully, they are 'strong' women and we respect them. Women have and will never be stronger than men. Men shaped civilization. Men built this world and 'good women' support (as they ought to) them. There is no such thing as gender equality biologically (scientifically) speaking. Testosterone levels are different for both sexes. What we need is equal respect as we are all humans regardless of sex, race, etc. In essence the content is nice but the topic is disrespectful.
Good Morning, thing is I was with the MGTOW , I just don't see how this topic goes against it or ridicules men in anyway , fiddle with egos maybe , but it is really not one seen to pit genders against gender, in fact it is impossible for there to be equality admits the sexes .keep been wonderful man.
Re: Women In History Who Clearly Had More Balls Than Men by TheSourcerer: 8:40am On Dec 21, 2020
mansakhalifa:

But her death can scarcely be described as tragic. sad

Let me intimate you on what a tragic death is; getting your skull crushed/fractured by a carriage.

If it isn't excruciatingly painful, then it cannot be described as 'tragic'.

not my cue but I would fancy such death or scene at least
Re: Women In History Who Clearly Had More Balls Than Men by Henrodah(m): 8:56am On Dec 21, 2020
TheSourcerer:
Maya Angelou (1928 – 2014)

“I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.”

Maya Angelou is one of the most influential women in American history and was a poet, singer, memoirist, and civil rights activist, whose award-winning memoir I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings made literary history as the first nonfiction best-seller by an African-American woman.

Angelou had a difficult childhood. As a black woman growing up in Stamps, Arkansas, Maya experienced racial prejudices and discrimination all throughout her life. At the age of seven, Angelou was assaulted by her mother’s boyfriend, who was then killed by her uncles as revenge. The incident traumatised Angelou to the point that she became a virtual mute for many years.

I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings as well as her other works have been one of the loudest voices in the civil rights movement, and explore subjects such as identity, rape, racism, and literacy, and illustrate how strength of character and a love of literature can help overcome racism and trauma.

Even the great poet/rapper Tupac bowed down to her during Poetic Justice making.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Women In History Who Clearly Had More Balls Than Men by TheSourcerer: 9:10am On Dec 21, 2020
Oesophagus99:

OH MY GOD!

YOU'VE JUST RENDERED THE FEMINIST MUTE, FOR GOOD.
There was never really a feninistic battle here lol , These Women did what they did a that's fact . Keep living man.
Re: Women In History Who Clearly Had More Balls Than Men by Samuelkirk(m): 9:51am On Dec 21, 2020
Joan of Arc is supposed to be first in this list
Re: Women In History Who Clearly Had More Balls Than Men by MJBOLT: 11:11am On Dec 21, 2020
the fastest woman in history is Flo Jo
Re: Women In History Who Clearly Had More Balls Than Men by TheSourcerer: 5:46pm On Dec 21, 2020
Samuelkirk:
Joan of Arc is supposed to be first in this list
still compiling Sir
Re: Women In History Who Clearly Had More Balls Than Men by TheSourcerer: 7:05am On Dec 22, 2020
ARTEMISIA I OF CARIA

Named after the Goddess of the Hunt (Artemis), Artemisia was the 5th century BCE Queen of Halicarnassus, a kingdom that exists in modern-day Turkey. However, she was best known as a naval commander and ally of Xerxes, the King of Persia, in his invasion of the Greek city-states. (Yes, like in the action movie 300: Rise of an Empire.)

She made her mark on history in the Battle of Salamis, where the fleet she commanded was deemed the best against the Greeks. Greek historian Herodotus wrote of her heroics on this battlefield of the sea, painting her as a warrior who was decisive and incredibly intelligent in her strategies. This included a ruthless sense of self-preservation. With a Greek vessel bearing down on her ship, Artemisia intentionally steered into another Persian vessel to trick the Greeks into believing she was one of them. It worked. The Greeks left her be. The Persian ship sank. Watching from the shore, Xerxes saw the collision and believed Artemisia had sunk a Greek enemy, not one of his own.

For all of this, her death was not one recorded in a great battle, but in a sexist legend. It's said that Artemisia fell hard for a man, who ignored her to his detriment. Blinded by love, she blinded him in his sleep. Yet even with him disfigured, her passion for him burned. To cure herself, she set to leap from a tall rock in Leucas, Greece, which was believed to break the bonds of love. Instead, it broke Artemisia's neck. She's said to be buried nearby.

Re: Women In History Who Clearly Had More Balls Than Men by TheSourcerer: 7:07am On Dec 22, 2020
JOAN OF ARC

Not just a legendary female warrior but also a Roman Catholic saint, Joan was but a girl when visions of the Archangel Michael drove her to approach the military of France's King Charles VII and offer to assist in his efforts to expel the occupying English in the later days of the Hundred Years' War. Though initially mocked by these men and soldiers, Joan was taken seriously once her influence ended the Siege of Orleans in nine days.

By age 17, she played a key role in commanding France's army, and her forte in the military seemed to be for strategy over slaying. The French owed much to Joan, and yet it was the Burgundians, Frenchmen loyal to England, that led to her demise. She was captured in 1430 and, despite several escape attempts and rescue efforts, Joan was put on trial by the English for heresy and cross-dressing. Her visions were now derided, and her armor called an atrocity. She was convicted, sentenced to death, and burned alive at the stake.

Even after her death, her strategies are said to have influenced the French battle model. More than 25 years later, the Catholic Church revisited Joan's trial for heresy, overturning the charges against her in a case of too little too late. It would be more than 460 years before Pope Benedict XV declared Joan a saint.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Help Me, My Angel Wants To Kill Herself Because Of Jamb / Leaked!!! Kadpoly 2017/2018 Admission List / New Ranking List Of 100 Best Universities In Nigeria -UI And UNN Drops Below 3rd

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.