Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,768 members, 7,809,960 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:52 PM

The New Nigerian Passport - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The New Nigerian Passport (1967 Views)

Why Does Zahra Buhari Have A British & Nigerian Passport? / New Nigerian Flag Suggested / Biafran Passport Or Nigerian Passport, Nnamdi Kanu Uses Which? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The New Nigerian Passport by busygirl(f): 11:00pm On Jun 30, 2007
I was watching the nta network news yesterday night,  and I heard the immigration have decided to change the passport. The new one is going to have an electronic chip which is going to be at the back of the passport. Actually, what baffles me is that the immigration officer said the old passport would only be valid for 12 months after that all nigerians are expected to get the new one. What is going to happen to people living outside nigeria. Does it mean that if we don't have the new passport we cannot come to nigeria with the Old one. I want to know more about this. . . .People please share your views.
Re: The New Nigerian Passport by nateevs(m): 11:33pm On Jun 30, 2007
ehn !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please tell me you are joking.
Re: The New Nigerian Passport by babasin(m): 12:13am On Jul 01, 2007
if this true, then another stupid government decision to chop money!

they have not counted correctly how many nigerians, yet want to do chip-embedded passport!!!

foolish government

grin cheesy grin cheesy
Re: The New Nigerian Passport by 9ja4eva: 12:18am On Jul 01, 2007
wonders! chip in passport again?
Re: The New Nigerian Passport by busygirl(f): 12:38am On Jul 01, 2007
[/quote][quote author=nateevs link=topic=63235.msg1252499#msg1252499 date=1183242831]
ehn !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please tell me you are joking.
It's not a Joke. I heard the news. . .This invention isn't funny! What on earth is going to happen to all those living outside naija?
Re: The New Nigerian Passport by DisGuy: 1:09am On Jul 01, 2007
busygirl:

It's not a Joke. I heard the news. . .This invention isn't funny! What on earth is going to happen to all those living outside naija?

they'll be expected to get the new one via the nigeria high commission where they reside, you can get your passport/visa online now according to the commissioner http://www.nigeriahc.org.uk/
Re: The New Nigerian Passport by iice(f): 2:17am On Jul 01, 2007
LMAO thank goodness i haven't yet renewed mine.
Re: The New Nigerian Passport by angel101(f): 10:37pm On Jul 01, 2007
It is probably a condition given to the Nigerian govt by the UK and the US. And obviously u can get a new passport for the high commission wherever u live.
Re: The New Nigerian Passport by 9ja4eva: 5:33am On Jul 03, 2007
When is it coming out?
Re: The New Nigerian Passport by iice(f): 5:39am On Jul 03, 2007
Yeah, i'd like to see that chip grin But i go look my friends own before i renew my own.
Re: The New Nigerian Passport by azorjiu(m): 8:28am On Jul 03, 2007
is it only chips? no piece of chicken? i don't like chips without chiken
Re: The New Nigerian Passport by 9ja4eva: 1:55am On Jul 07, 2007
U funny mehn

Good development sha.
Re: The New Nigerian Passport by babasin(m): 9:51am On Jul 08, 2007
Good development sha.

this is rubbish!  we can't even count how many nigerians?  we can't even organise a proper national id

this is just some funny bloke trying to make money,  another foolish project!

there rather build better primray schools in each local government with this money

cool angry cool
Re: The New Nigerian Passport by Everbright(f): 8:14am On Jul 09, 2007
Thieves
They only want to eat money no long thing
Re: The New Nigerian Passport by jenny2007(f): 10:06am On Jul 09, 2007
Pls post us the source of the news. it may be a rumour! lipsrsealed
Re: The New Nigerian Passport by Mariory(m): 10:32am On Jul 09, 2007
Re: The New Nigerian Passport by 9ja4eva: 1:26am On Jul 11, 2007
So far so good Udeh has done good for d service.
Re: The New Nigerian Passport by dblock(m): 8:38am On Jul 11, 2007
babasin:

if this true, then another stupid government decision to chop money!

they have not counted correctly how many nigerians, yet want to do chip-embedded passport!!!

foolish government

grin cheesy grin cheesy

It's not stupid. Practically every country in the world has electronic passports. African countries are the only countries behind.

Well, this will mean that my passport will be invalid after 12 Months, which means that as soon as the news gets out to immigration offices worldwide, I'll be screwed.

But the Government will probably work something out. wink
Re: The New Nigerian Passport by angel101(f): 9:58am On Jul 11, 2007
dblock:

It's not stupid. Practically every country in the world has electronic passports. African countries are the only countries behind.

Well, this will mean that my passport will be invalid after 12 Months, which means that as soon as the news gets out to immigration offices worldwide, I'll be screwed.

But the Government will probably work something out. wink

Excuse me, this is such an untrue statement! which countries have electronic passports? the UK is only just introducing it now amid severe resistance. Also, the Nigerian passport is not in any way backward it is readable which is what countries like the UK which are under terrorist threat are just now trying to improve upon.
Re: The New Nigerian Passport by Mccc55: 2:24pm On Oct 16, 2022
Let us look for money and jappa.
Click the link
https://carneoergy.com/2900327743057870
Sign up and you'll immediately be given free $20 vip 1 package for daily earning of $0.6 on the platform New Energy
You have to login and click the receive icon daily to receive your earnings
Note: You are adviced by me not to invest any money on the platform for now, as it's still new and may likely be a Ponzi scheme, for now just receive the free $20 package and earn daily without paying anything

(1) (Reply)

Who Was Murtala Muhammed? / In The Spotlight - General Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida (rtd). / Obasanjo Humiliated By Canadian Immigration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.