Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,314 members, 7,954,261 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 03:39 PM

NJC Recommends Retirement Of 2 Judges, Appointment Of 69 Judicial Officers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NJC Recommends Retirement Of 2 Judges, Appointment Of 69 Judicial Officers (9620 Views)

NJC recommends 11 Justices to the Supreme Court (Photos) / Judiciary Groans As Buhari Delays Judges’ Appointment - Punch / NJC Recommends Chukwuma Abosi & Aliyu Musa Liman For Compulsory Retirement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

NJC Recommends Retirement Of 2 Judges, Appointment Of 69 Judicial Officers by Kwanza: 4:05pm On Dec 20, 2020
PRESS RELEASE: 18TH DECEMBER, 2020 NJC RECOMMENDS THE COMPULSORY RETIREMENT OF TWO JUDICIAL OFFICERS, DISMISSES PETITIONS AGAINST 18 OTHERS; RECOMMENDS APPOINTMENT OF 69 (SIXTY-NINE) JUDICIAL OFFICERS

The National Judicial Council at its 93rd Meeting of 16 December 2020 held virtually has recommended the compulsory retirement of Hon. Grand Kadi, Shu’aibu A. Talba, the Grand Kadi of Yobe State and Hon. Justice Abdulkareem Babatunde Abdulrasaq of Osun State High Court with immediate effect.

Hon. Grand Kadi Shu’aibu Talba
Hon. Grand Kadi Shu’aibu Talba was recommended for compulsory retirement following an investigation into a petition against him written by one Malam Zakar Adamu, Chairman, Movement for Justice in Nigeria, alleging that His Lordship falsified his age on two occasions, i.e. from 1st February, 1955 to 27th August, 1955 and later to 30th December, 1959.
Findings revealed that he was supposed to have retired on 1st February, 2020 by virtue of his declared date of birth of 1st February 1955.
Council, after deliberation, decided to recommend His Lordship’s compulsory retirement to Governor Mai Mala Buni of Yobe State. Furthermore, Council requested the Government of Yobe State to deduct all salaries received by His Lordship from 1st February, 2020 till date, from his gratuity, and remit same to the National Judicial Council that pays salaries of all Judicial Officers in the Federation.

HON. JUSTICE ABDUL-KAREEM BABATUNDE ABDULRASAQ

Council also considered a petition by Chief Yomi Alliyu, SAN, and found merit in his allegation against Hon. Justice Abdul-Kareem Babatunde Abdulrasaq that His Lordship falsified his date of birth from 3rd September, 1955 to 3rd September, 1957.
Council, therefore, recommended His Lordship’s compulsory retirement to Governor Gboyega Oyetola of Osun State with effect from 3rd September, 2020. It also requested the Osun State Government to deduct from His Lordship gratuity, salaries received by him from 3rd September, 2020, and remit same to the National Judicial Council.
Meanwhile, in the exercise of its disciplinary powers under the 1999 Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, as amended, the National Judicial Council has suspended Hon. Grand Kadi Talba and Hon. Justice Abdul-Kareem Babatunde Abdulrasaq from office pending the approval of the recommendation of their compulsory retirements by their respective Governors.

REPORT OF PRELIMINARY COMPLAINTS ASSESSMENT COMMITTEES

Council also considered the Reports of its two Preliminary Complaints Assessment Committees and agreed with the recommendations to dismiss Eighteen (18) petitions against the following fourteen (14) Judicial Officers:
Federal High Court
Hon. Justice Simon A. Amobeda,
Hon. Justice Taiwo O. Taiwo,
Hon. Justice Nnamdi Dimgba
Hon. Justice R. O. Dugbo Oghoghorie

Delta State High Court
Hon. Justice T. O. Uloho
Hon. Justice Michael N. Obi

Lagos State High Court
Hon. Justice G. M. Onyeabo

Rivers State High Court
Hon. Justice A. I. Iyayi-Lamikanra, Chief Judge, Rivers State
Hon. Justice A. U. Kingsley-Chuku
Hon. Justice J. N. Ukpugwnum

Taraba State High Court
Hon. Justice F. B. Andetur, Chief Judge, Taraba State

Enugu State High Court
Hon. Justice Comfort C. Ani

Gombe State High Court
Hon. Justice M. A. Pindiga

Kebbi State High Court
Hon. Justice M. M. Umar
INTERVIEW COMMITTEE
Similarly, Council considered the Report of the Interview Committee and recommended the appointment of Sixty-nine (69) Judicial Officers as Heads of Court, Judges of High Court of States, Kadis of States/FCT Sharia Courts of Appeal and Judges of the Customary Courts of Appeal.
In another development, Council also received and approved the Report of its Committee on Appointments, Promotion and Discipline which recommended the promotion of Seventy (70) Members of Staff of the National Judicial Council.

NOTIFICATIONS OF DEATH AND RETIREMENT OF JUDICIAL OFFICERS

The notifications of retirement of 12 Judicial Officers and notifications of death of three (3) Judges of Federal and State Courts were also received and noted by Council.
Soji Oye, Esq
Director, Information
https://njc.gov.ng/34/news-details

2 Likes

Re: NJC Recommends Retirement Of 2 Judges, Appointment Of 69 Judicial Officers by DasaintHope(m): 4:39pm On Dec 20, 2020
qouta system loading. Everything in Nigeria currently involves Nepotism. I will be going for my Young Officers Course in March, I can't begin to narrate what I passed through just to get clearance, just on account of me being from a Minority Christian tribe.
God help us in this Country.

9 Likes

Re: NJC Recommends Retirement Of 2 Judges, Appointment Of 69 Judicial Officers by LawLord247: 4:45pm On Dec 20, 2020
Ok
Re: NJC Recommends Retirement Of 2 Judges, Appointment Of 69 Judicial Officers by Eddie4God(m): 4:54pm On Dec 20, 2020
All NJC knows how to do is to keep recommending. When are they going to truly fight & lead the reformation & sanitisation of the Nigeria Judiciary & legal system.

5 Likes

Re: NJC Recommends Retirement Of 2 Judges, Appointment Of 69 Judicial Officers by GraceOfGod10: 5:32pm On Dec 20, 2020
All is well

Get a professional business or company logo done for just 3k only and get all the following files of your logo;

1, High quality 3D logo
2, Transparent background logo for watermark
3, Plain logo for letterhead, business card, Id card etc
4, Pdf copy of your logo.
Call/WhatsApp me via the number on the image below.
The link to my WhatsApp is in my signature

1 Like

Re: NJC Recommends Retirement Of 2 Judges, Appointment Of 69 Judicial Officers by DropsMic(m): 5:32pm On Dec 20, 2020
Nigeria's justice system is dead

1 Like

Re: NJC Recommends Retirement Of 2 Judges, Appointment Of 69 Judicial Officers by UrBest59: 5:32pm On Dec 20, 2020
It is well
Re: NJC Recommends Retirement Of 2 Judges, Appointment Of 69 Judicial Officers by GreaterDesiigns: 5:35pm On Dec 20, 2020
All right.

1 Like

Re: NJC Recommends Retirement Of 2 Judges, Appointment Of 69 Judicial Officers by adonni: 5:36pm On Dec 20, 2020
The National Judicial Council at its 93rd Meeting of 16 December 2020
held virtually has recommended the compulsory retirement of Hon.
Grand Kadi, Shu’aibu A. Talba, the Grand Kadi of Yobe State and Hon.
Justice Abdulkareem Babatunde Abdulrasaq of Osun State High Court
with immediate effect.
Re: NJC Recommends Retirement Of 2 Judges, Appointment Of 69 Judicial Officers by Suny2am: 5:37pm On Dec 20, 2020
Lies
Re: NJC Recommends Retirement Of 2 Judges, Appointment Of 69 Judicial Officers by Jostoman: 5:41pm On Dec 20, 2020
Eddie4God:
All NJC knows how to do is to keep recommending. When are they going to truly fight & lead the reformation & sanitisation of the Nigeria Judiciary & legal system.
Both the judiciary and legislature are now afraid of the executive.
Re: NJC Recommends Retirement Of 2 Judges, Appointment Of 69 Judicial Officers by Etinosa1234: 5:41pm On Dec 20, 2020
Eddie4God:

That's their primary assignment.

2 Likes

Re: NJC Recommends Retirement Of 2 Judges, Appointment Of 69 Judicial Officers by 90ooo06: 5:41pm On Dec 20, 2020
Why will they do that
Re: NJC Recommends Retirement Of 2 Judges, Appointment Of 69 Judicial Officers by Dailyhappenings: 5:49pm On Dec 20, 2020
God no ungodily...funny people in government

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcgZ7GR-SGQ
Re: NJC Recommends Retirement Of 2 Judges, Appointment Of 69 Judicial Officers by Eddie4God(m): 5:53pm On Dec 20, 2020
Etinosa1234:

That's their primary assignment.
I know that. But they are also meant to investigate & discipline judicial officers which most Nigerians including me feels they are failing to adequately do.
Furthermore, NJC should be at the forefront championing judicial reforms & independence in Nigeria. But they are usually found wanting doing this.

1 Like

Re: NJC Recommends Retirement Of 2 Judges, Appointment Of 69 Judicial Officers by thatigboman: 5:58pm On Dec 20, 2020
DasaintHope:
qouta system loading. Everything in Nigeria currently involves Nepotism. I will be going for my Young Officers Course in March, I can't begin to narrate what I passed through just to get clearance, just on account of me being from a Minority Christian tribe.
God bless your hustle, officer

1 Like

Re: NJC Recommends Retirement Of 2 Judges, Appointment Of 69 Judicial Officers by thatigboman: 6:00pm On Dec 20, 2020
Eddie4God:
it is a recommending organisation. The executives are supposed to act on their recommendations

1 Like

Re: NJC Recommends Retirement Of 2 Judges, Appointment Of 69 Judicial Officers by Patrioticman007(m): 6:03pm On Dec 20, 2020
DasaintHope:

Hypocrite you shout qouta against Northern Nigeria, while you lobby for zoning of the presidency & deputy governor seat at state level just because you are Christians, forgetting that winners take it all. You can't have your cake & still eat it.
Its a fact most Muslim majority state in Northern Nigeria give the Christian minority deputy governor seat, while Christian minority state in the south don't give Muslims deputy governor seat because its contradictory to C.A.N teachings.
We dey laugh ooo.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: NJC Recommends Retirement Of 2 Judges, Appointment Of 69 Judicial Officers by Dubetex96(m): 6:22pm On Dec 20, 2020
They should also recommend the culmposery retirement of the Justice that was rejected by the ICC since he lacks the knowledge of workings of the court he's thereby not qualified to be called to the bench abinitio
Re: NJC Recommends Retirement Of 2 Judges, Appointment Of 69 Judicial Officers by DasaintHope(m): 7:00pm On Dec 20, 2020
Patrioticman007:

Hypocrite you shout qouta against Northern Nigeria, while you lobby for zoning of the presidency & deputy governor seat at state level just because you are Christians, forgetting that winners take it all. You can't have your cake & still eat it.
Its a fact most Muslim majority state in Northern Nigeria give the Christian minority deputy governor seat, while Christian minority state in the south don't give Muslims deputy governor seat because its contradictory to C.A.N teachings.
We dey laugh ooo.
I don't have the time to banter words with you. You know the truth, stop living in denial.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NJC Recommends Retirement Of 2 Judges, Appointment Of 69 Judicial Officers by zoedew: 7:31pm On Dec 20, 2020
adonni:
The National Judicial Council at its 93rd Meeting of 16 December 2020
held virtually has recommended the compulsory retirement of Hon.
Grand Kadi, Shu’aibu A. Talba, the Grand Kadi of Yobe State and Hon.
Justice Abdulkareem Babatunde Abdulrasaq of Osun State High Court
with immediate effect.

If they were prosecuted and sentenced to jail it should send a stronger message to their compatriots in such infamy. Inglorious and ignominious exit from The Bench! Their wives, children and neighbours who have held them in high esteem before now are in the know of their true character! Shame!!

1 Like

Re: NJC Recommends Retirement Of 2 Judges, Appointment Of 69 Judicial Officers by MadamExcellency: 7:38pm On Dec 20, 2020
Why can't they be prosecuted? Why allow them free ride on falsification of Birth certificate?

Our NJC are corrupt and indifference to corruption.

2 Likes

Re: NJC Recommends Retirement Of 2 Judges, Appointment Of 69 Judicial Officers by AndroBlaze: 7:56pm On Dec 20, 2020
DasaintHope:

Did you actually read the article...... what does quota system have to do with punishing of judges??

The laziness and bigotry in NL is becoming mind-blowing.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Wike: APC Trying To Penetrate Our Party / Terrorists Kill 22, Kidnap 67 In Katsina, Zamfara, Set Houses Ablaze / PDP Leadership Tussle; Sheriff, Markarfi Refuse To Shift Ground.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.