Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,109 members, 7,825,504 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 04:23 PM

Share Your Christmas Preparation Memories As A Child - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Share Your Christmas Preparation Memories As A Child (130 Views)

Memories As Kumuyi Storms Taraba (part 1) By Emmanuel Bello / Upload Your Christmas Selfie Here / Share Pictures Of Your Christmas Food Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Share Your Christmas Preparation Memories As A Child by seyi360(m): 5:45pm On Dec 20, 2020
Way back, 5 days to Christmas, joy adrenalin ran through my spine in anticipation for fun , merry and much more. Our Christmas day and New year day dresses were ready or almost. Dresses were a core and integral part of Christmas preparation. My mum never for a year gave excuses for not buying them, looking back in retrospect I salute her for that. Though late now, she ensured her kids were the best dressed amongst other kids in church. As it was a competitive season for kids, I and my siblings were always on top of chat.

Food and lots of food , drinks , meat etc full ground gidigba. We hosted friends and church members. There was this joy we couldn't explain in us. We watched movies about Jesus of Nazareth, played Bola Aare's " odun nlo sopin o baba rere" Jimmy Cliff's music, Bob Marley and the wailers.
The turn table was the state of the art sound system back then.
I remember going to bar beach with my parents, rode a horse, back then no bandits, no kidnapping, Nigeria was better.

Hence, I submit that no season brought me joy as a child like Christmas did.
Share your experience.

Merry Christmas in advance.
Re: Share Your Christmas Preparation Memories As A Child by Samfloxin(m): 6:08pm On Dec 20, 2020
We hoped for Christmas like it would be the last in our lives. We made sure we don't play rough so as not to injure our feet for the Christmas shoe. Of course we used to count down and the day would finally come and go with little or no memories left behind.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Christmas Preparation Memories As A Child by Missyajoke(f): 9:07pm On Dec 20, 2020
Christmad has always been fun

(1) (Reply)

Give Your Worries To God / God Said Long Ago That He Would Be Pierced; He Said This Before Jesus Was Born! / Why I Was Less Critical of Christmas This Year

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.