Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,757 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:42 AM

Usyk Says He's Ready To Step Aside So Joshua Vs Fury Fight Can Happen In 2021 - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Usyk Says He's Ready To Step Aside So Joshua Vs Fury Fight Can Happen In 2021 (440 Views)

Anthony Joshua Accepts Terms For Tyson Fury Fight / Date And Location Of Joshua Vs Fury Fight Finally Confirmed [PHOTOS] / Venue For Anthony Joshua, Fury Fight Announced (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Usyk Says He's Ready To Step Aside So Joshua Vs Fury Fight Can Happen In 2021 by Openbusiness: 6:23pm On Dec 20, 2020
I said this before and as you can see, that's what will happen. This fight is DESTINED to happen in 2021. The whole world wants to see it. Rumors say this fight could generate up to £600,000,000 shocked, oh God, bet why cry, who will fight with me on Nairaland for $300m USD, am ready pls. Juz bring d money, I will bring the fight grin

Oleksandr Usyk hints he would be willing to step aside and allow Anthony Joshua to fight Tyson Fury as Ukrainian labels all-British heavyweight showdown as 'a once in a lifetime opportunity'

A two-fight agreement is in place for Anthony Joshua and Tyson Fury to meet. All world heavyweight titles would be contested in the all-British showdown. Oleksandr Usyk is the mandatory challenger for the WBO strap held by Joshua. But the Ukrainian hinted at considering stepping aside to allow the 2021 fight. Oleksandr Usyk has hinted he would be willing to step aside to allow Anthony Joshua to take on Tyson Fury next year.

A two-fight agreement is already in place for Joshua and Fury to meet in 2021 in what is being deemed the biggest fight in British boxing history.

All world heavyweight titles would be contested with unified heavyweight champion Joshua facing WBC champion Fury.

Oleksandr Usyk has hinted he would be willing to step aside to allow unified heavyweight champion Anthony Joshua (above) to take on Tyson Fury next year

A two-fight agreement is already in place for Joshua and WBC champion Fury to meet in 2021. Usyk however could put a spanner in the works for the all-British heavyweight showdown as he is the mandatory challenger for the WBO strap.

But speaking to The Sun, the 33-year-old Ukrainian said he would consider stepping aside to ensure Joshua against Fury takes place, labelling it a 'once in a lifetime opportunity'.

'All four belts might end up in the same hands of one person,' Usyk said.

'It might be a once in a lifetime opportunity. We should all talk and communicate for that to happen because it is a really big event.

Anthony Joshua's blockbuster showdown with Tyson Fury edges ever closer as Eddie Hearn reveals there are only 'are a few small issues to iron out' to seal a deal after positive talks with fellow promoter Bob Arum

Anthony Joshua and Tyson Fury could drop ALL five heavyweight titles to secure their blockbuster Battle of Britain if boxing's governing bodies don't play ball as Eddie Hearn insists this is 'a fight that eclipses all the belts'

Tyson Fury accuses Anthony Joshua of DUCKING questions about wanting to fight him as pair head towards heavyweight showdown in 2021 and says: 'Ask me if I want to face AJ and it's a simple yes' - before he sings American Pie on the Jonathan Ross Show!

Usyk could put a spanner in the works as he is the mandatory challenger for the WBO strap. 'I still want to fight Anthony Joshua for the title. There are many factors for this fight to happen, my team and all the participants and all their interested parties are already working on it.

'But there are still many people who wish to fight him as well, like Tyson Fury.' Joshua ensured the fight against Fury remained a possibility after defeating Kubrat Pulev having knocked the Bulgarian out in the ninth round at the SSE Arena in Wembley.

However, should Usyk not step aside, Joshua's promoter Eddie Hearn has insisted all five heavyweight titles could be dropped by Joshua and Fury to secure their blockbuster fight after WBO president Paco Valcarcel hinted Joshua would have to fight their No 1-ranked heavyweight Usyk before Fury or vacate the title.

But the 33-year-old Ukrainian hinted that he would consider stepping aside to allow the fight. Hearn also confirmed that only 'a few small issues are left to iron out' to ensure the showdown goes ahead following talks with fellow promoter Bob Arum.

However, Usyk's manager Egis Kilmas claimed that would if Joshua chose the latter it would only show the fear that he holds in facing his Ukrainian counterpart.

'Giving up the WBO belt means that Anthony Joshua is scared to fight Oleksandr Usyk,' he told Boxing Scene. 'It means he sees a big risk fighting Oleksandr Usyk and losing.

'That's what it tells me. If Anthony Joshua is 100 per cent sure he can beat Oleksandr Usyk then it's a different story. But if he is not sure, of course, he can give up the title.'

Joshua's promoter Eddie Hearn (left) insisted all belts may be dropped to ensure it happens
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/boxing/article-9070009/Oleksandr-Usyk-hints-step-aside-allow-Anthony-Joshua-fight-Tyson-Fury-year.html

Re: Usyk Says He's Ready To Step Aside So Joshua Vs Fury Fight Can Happen In 2021 by paulolee(m): 4:32pm On Dec 21, 2020
thats nice but I think he would also have his own cut from that money for stepping aside...
if not I would fight, get beaten and also get paid...
cant wait for that a.j vs fury fight...am going with a.j but going by how fury sent wilder to I.c.u, the same wilder that a.j was scared of facing..
I think fury would win by points...

1 Like

Re: Usyk Says He's Ready To Step Aside So Joshua Vs Fury Fight Can Happen In 2021 by Openbusiness: 10:48am On Dec 23, 2020
paulolee:
thats nice but I think he would also have his own cut from that money for stepping aside...
if not I would fight, get beaten and also get paid...
cant wait for that a.j vs fury fight...am going with a.j but going by how fury sent wilder to I.c.u, the same wilder that a.j was scared of facing..
I think fury would win by points...
Fury said he wants to KO AJ under 3 rounds, that he wants everyone to go home on time grin. This fight will not be one of those fights decided on points. AJ also said before that if he fights with Wilder, he will go for the KO and try not to prolong the fight to 12 rounds. That he will go all out against Wilder. Fury beat Wilder. I believe AJ will want to use the same strategy he planned for Wilder on Fury. So, my assessment of the fight is that Somebody is going to knock somebody out grin We just have to wait to find out who cool My heart is with Joshua but my money is on Fury.
Re: Usyk Says He's Ready To Step Aside So Joshua Vs Fury Fight Can Happen In 2021 by paulolee(m): 11:21am On Dec 23, 2020
Openbusiness:
Fury said he wants to KO AJ under 3 rounds, that he wants everyone to go home on time grin. This fight will not be one of those fights decided on points. AJ also said before that if he fights with Wilder, he will go for the KO and try not to prolong the fight to 12 rounds. That he will go all out against Wilder. Fury beat Wilder. I believe AJ will want to use the same strategy he planned for Wilder on Fury. So, my assessment of the fight is that Somebody is going to knock somebody out grin We just have to wait to find out who cool My heart is with Joshua but my money is on Fury.
nice analysis but those guys are professionals and think saying they would go for k.o is just mind games, they would try to prolong the fight n try to win by point so that the loser can easily get a rematch for more money and that's when they would both go all out for k.o
I still believe that point would determine the bout except if one is already losing by points, he may go all out
am waiting for it but and my money is also on fury because the last time I follow my heart with wilder because of my love for him, we all know how it ended, if he is still in the I.c.u..

(1) (Reply)

UFC:Kamaru Usaman Defeats Gilbert Burns To Retain His World Title (highlight) / Highest Scoring Half / PREDICT & Win (N3,000): Tottenham Vs Manchester United

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.