Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,851 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:18 AM

COVID-19: FG May Impose A Travel Ban - Lai Mohammed - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / COVID-19: FG May Impose A Travel Ban - Lai Mohammed (26034 Views)

Twitter Ban: Lai Mohammed Returns To Nigeria After Fruitless US Trip - SR / Twitter Ban: Lai Mohammed Needs To Have His Brain Examined – Bode George / COVID-19: FG May Extend Lockdown As Cases Rise To 305 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: COVID-19: FG May Impose A Travel Ban - Lai Mohammed by PrinceOfLagos: 8:15pm On Dec 21, 2020
HerMajestyCares:
cheesy cheesy cheesy

Funny Enough My Mum MOSTLY WILL BE HAPPY WITH THIS NEWS,AS SHE AND MY DAD HAS DECIDED NOT TO LET ME TRAVEL BACK TO THE U.S,
THE STORY OF HOW THEY DRAGGED ME BACK TO NIGERIA IS FOR ANOTHER DAY cheesy cheesy,
All BECAUSE OF COVID 19.

So My MUM Will Agree with F.G on this One cheesy cheesy

But I still hate this A.P.C evil Administration,See How Nigerians Are in Hardship angry angry

WHERE IS OUR NAIRALAND PREACHERS,
WE ENJOY YOUR PREACHING AND ADVICE cheesy cheesy

I thank Jesus for Wealth and life. cheesy

Get out of here with your mom mom bullshit will ya
Re: COVID-19: FG May Impose A Travel Ban - Lai Mohammed by Vaughanlanrewaj: 8:20pm On Dec 21, 2020
optimusprime2:

No thats not how it works...
Coming from the perspective of violated visas, if an individual was caught in a lockdown and can provide proof of a return ticket to his home country, provisions can be made for visa extensions (especially the UK) due to covid19.

Secondly provided there is a proof of return the government supports the welfare of such stuck individuals (as they did in the earlier lockdowns to individuals who could not return to their respectivedestinations).

Nigeria's embassy would not be dealing with the welfare of stuck travellers (as they never have) ...

Bottom line the Government is displaying gross incompetency by being slow to address this emergency, waiting till there's a heavy arrival of people from the UK due to Christmas holidays increasing transmission risks, before erecting control measures.

Don't you just love Nigeria?

This is a completely different case with the new variant. Everywhere is in a pandemonium. What you made so simple on paper is a lot of hardwork and resources to execute. It is easier said than done.

Banning UK flights immediately because EU countries did so is not absolutely necessary especially when you lack the resources to make provision for your citizens when trapped overseas. They should enforce vigorous and strict testing and isolation of all the returnees henceforth. When people know that is what await them on getting to Nigeria, they may choose to remain in the UK.
Re: COVID-19: FG May Impose A Travel Ban - Lai Mohammed by Nobody: 8:22pm On Dec 21, 2020
Liposure:
What are you still waiting for
Re: COVID-19: FG May Impose A Travel Ban - Lai Mohammed by Arrowss(m): 8:29pm On Dec 21, 2020
Nig gov will not lock inter airports or inter borders, dey will lock it just after dey detect the new variant in the country, just like dey did for the CV 19, an average nig doesn't understand wht preventions is. If something is not damaged here, will not we will not move.
Re: COVID-19: FG May Impose A Travel Ban - Lai Mohammed by OROSUNBOLB(m): 8:34pm On Dec 21, 2020
Where did we get this set of incompetent mofos running the country from ? Truly,Nigeria is on autopilot ! The fools are still contemplating when serious nations have already taken decisive actions.

Ijoba awon olodo !
Re: COVID-19: FG May Impose A Travel Ban - Lai Mohammed by chaloskyx: 8:42pm On Dec 21, 2020
THEY CANT ISSUE A TRAVEL BAN ON THEIR COLONIAL MASTER NOW AFTER ALL ITS THE UK THAT DIRECTS THE AFFAIRS OF THIS COUNTRY SO THEY DARE NOT GO BEHIND THEIR MASTERS BACK AND SHUT THEM OUT
Re: COVID-19: FG May Impose A Travel Ban - Lai Mohammed by Richykaycee(m): 9:16pm On Dec 21, 2020
their childrens are still in UK, foolish people, even EU countries has placed the ban, (dementia no go allow una).
Re: COVID-19: FG May Impose A Travel Ban - Lai Mohammed by akintunde63: 9:39pm On Dec 21, 2020
agwom:

https://dailytrust.com/covid-19-fg-mulls-travel-ban
All these are a pointer that the end of the world is near.
Give your life to Jesus, before it's too late!
Jesus loves you, he doesn't condemn you.
Re: COVID-19: FG May Impose A Travel Ban - Lai Mohammed by Nobody: 10:04pm On Dec 21, 2020
Vaughanlanrewaj:
The reason they maybe dragging foot on this is because many Nigerians and foreigners who call Nigeria home can get trapped in the UK and start giving the embassy over there problems.

It is catch 22-22 but the government will eventually think of the best thing to do and act.

Those asking government to ban flights immediately may be doing so now because their relatives are currently in the country.

Don't mind people who just make comments without thinking wide. They think it's easy to just take decisions anyhow.. Some people only talk because they are not the ones making the decision.

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: FG May Impose A Travel Ban - Lai Mohammed by PARADIZEPRIEST: 10:47pm On Dec 21, 2020
mak una dey import corona fr arab countries ,na una it wil still ravage not poor masses
Re: COVID-19: FG May Impose A Travel Ban - Lai Mohammed by rossniti: 10:55pm On Dec 21, 2020
planetx:
To all those thinking people telling you about the nefarious agenda behind this pandemic are just conspiracy theorists, you are about to see in the year 2021 that what you thought was a conspiracy theory is about to become reality. Agenda 21 is about to be unleashed and they have agenda 2030 mapped out also, so this globalist Satanists have a 10 year new way of living ready to be rolled out.

God will stop them before their evil plans can materialise.
Re: COVID-19: FG May Impose A Travel Ban - Lai Mohammed by rossniti: 10:56pm On Dec 21, 2020
Richykaycee:
their childrens are still at UK...

Damn... Omo you go school at all?

It's not compulsory to type in English. We will understand your pidgin better.
Re: COVID-19: FG May Impose A Travel Ban - Lai Mohammed by Crunchyg2: 2:00am On Dec 22, 2020
Re: COVID-19: FG May Impose A Travel Ban - Lai Mohammed by Crunchyg2: 2:01am On Dec 22, 2020
HerMajestyCares:
cheesy cheesy cheesy

Funny Enough My Mum MOSTLY WILL BE HAPPY WITH THIS NEWS,AS SHE AND MY DAD HAS DECIDED NOT TO LET ME TRAVEL BACK TO THE U.S,
THE STORY OF HOW THEY DRAGGED ME BACK TO NIGERIA IS FOR ANOTHER DAY cheesy cheesy,
All BECAUSE OF COVID 19.

So My MUM Will Agree with F.G on this One cheesy cheesy

But I still hate this A.P.C evil Administration,See How Nigerians Are in Hardship angry angry

WHERE IS OUR NAIRALAND PREACHERS,
WE ENJOY YOUR PREACHING AND ADVICE cheesy cheesy

I thank Jesus for Wealth and life. cheesy

I say again, why are you like this?
Re: COVID-19: FG May Impose A Travel Ban - Lai Mohammed by searchng4love: 5:47am On Dec 22, 2020
Lexusgs430:
Some people are about to get trapped......... grin
Wicked thought... anyway mimz.zy getting trapped won't be a terrible idea
Re: COVID-19: FG May Impose A Travel Ban - Lai Mohammed by searchng4love: 5:49am On Dec 22, 2020
rossniti:

Damn... Omo you go school at all?

It's not compulsory to type in English. We will understand your pidgin better.
You're missing the flavour in the message you quoted. Are you a Nigerian at all?
Re: COVID-19: FG May Impose A Travel Ban - Lai Mohammed by solex1988(m): 5:55am On Dec 22, 2020
So,they are still on may close. Later they will December close and start frustrating the populace
Re: COVID-19: FG May Impose A Travel Ban - Lai Mohammed by Lexusgs430: 6:09am On Dec 22, 2020
searchng4love:

Wicked thought... anyway mimz.zy getting trapped won't be a terrible idea

What is it with you and mim......... cool
Re: COVID-19: FG May Impose A Travel Ban - Lai Mohammed by Jelzin2412(m): 6:25am On Dec 22, 2020
optimusprime2:

No thats not how it works...
Coming from the perspective of violated visas, if an individual was caught in a lockdown and can provide proof of a return ticket to his home country, provisions can be made for visa extensions (especially the UK) due to covid19.

Secondly provided there is a proof of return the government supports the welfare of such stuck individuals (as they did in the earlier lockdowns to individuals who could not return to their respective destinations).

Thirdly Airlines also assist in such situations (like they did earlier)

Nigeria's embassy would not be dealing with the welfare of stuck travellers (as they never have) ...

Bottom line the Government is displaying gross incompetency by being slow to address this emergency, waiting till there's a heavy arrival of people from the UK due to Christmas holidays increasing transmission risks of this new covid strain, before erecting control measures.

Don't you just love Nigeria?

Sorry what support are you talking about? Unless it's in another country and not the UK.
Yes visa extension is provided but such persons fend for themselves.
I had many friends trapped here during the first wave and they had to indulge with illegal jobs just to survive. You are on your own!
Re: COVID-19: FG May Impose A Travel Ban - Lai Mohammed by Jelzin2412(m): 6:37am On Dec 22, 2020
The funny thing is whatever decision is taken now is indeed late.
Viral infection and its spread pays no heed to time or plans; it just continues its transmission unabated.

If UK announced the new strain some days ago then it must have been there for at least some weeks before its discovery, which simply means this particular strain is in almost all the countries provided flights carrying passengers landed their airports within the last 2wks, hence these bans may not likely achieve the much desired results.

Nigeria for instance, has at least 5 commercial flights from UK landing on its ground everyday. Within the last 10 days what's the guarantee we don't have this new strain already with us? Your guess is as good as mine.

So whatever restrictions they announce just know the new strain is likely here with us and may have been apparent in our population within the last few weeks even. Hence, scientifically what will the flight restriction achieve? And what would be its economic impact?

FG may be corrupt but Governance is not that easy...
Re: COVID-19: FG May Impose A Travel Ban - Lai Mohammed by lexy2014: 6:51am On Dec 22, 2020
Vaughanlanrewaj:

They do but EU citizens and UK citizens too have been circumventing it by going to USA and other countries and route back to their destination countries in EU.

Most Nigerians can't afford to do that due to visa protocols. If you do copy copy and ban immediately, it is your own citizens you are trapping in a country with the plaque. Even countries like USA and China will not respond in same way due to this kind of obvious disparity.

So d Europeans travel all d way from d UK to d US and back to do EU to avoid ban or isolation just because of a new strain that just came out y'day? Wow...interesting. so u no this how?
Re: COVID-19: FG May Impose A Travel Ban - Lai Mohammed by Vaughanlanrewaj: 9:47am On Dec 22, 2020
lexy2014:

So d Europeans travel all d way from d UK to d US and back to do EU to avoid ban or isolation just because of a new strain that just came out y'day? Wow...interesting. so u no this how?

Aljazeera female UK correspondent reported it yesterday live from London. She bears a Muslim name I can't recall now but re-routing EU states through US to avoid UK flight ban was not even reported as a big deal.

The key emphasis were on the new covid-19 variant , flight ban and truck drivers trapped at the border for days and that the French drivers may miss Christmas.
Re: COVID-19: FG May Impose A Travel Ban - Lai Mohammed by abrahamkenny: 11:45am On Dec 22, 2020
Dem no dey like people jolly at all bad government

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

No Room For Full Sharia Implementation In Nigeria – Buhari / Fashola Inspect Completed Phase 1 Of Bridge As Part Of Expansion Of Lagos-ibadan / Ahaoma Kanu Petitions ICC Over Nigerian Army Invasion Of Southeast (Updated)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.