Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,535 members, 7,819,915 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:34 AM

How Can I Get Rid Of Wild Banana Plants In My Site - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / How Can I Get Rid Of Wild Banana Plants In My Site (522 Views)

Dangers Of Wall Geckos And How To Get Rid Of Them / 3 Mega Gas Plants In Ikotun, Amuwo & Iba Lagos For Sale / 6 Ways To Get Rid Of Rats In Your Home (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Get Rid Of Wild Banana Plants In My Site by wwwkaycom(m): 12:29am On Dec 22, 2020
I bought a plot of land that has wild banana plants. I'm already putting up a structure on part of the land, the back part. But the from which is empty now has this wild banana plants which I have been trying to eradicate. Many new suckers keep shooting out each time I uproot it. Its just a nuisance on the land. Please how can I get rid of this plant?

1 Like

Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Wild Banana Plants In My Site by Seun(m): 12:35am On Dec 22, 2020
Spray herbicide like glysophate generously on the suckers as they come up. This will kill the plants all the way to the roots below ground.

3 Likes

Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Wild Banana Plants In My Site by Helpfromabove1(m): 1:29am On Dec 22, 2020
I guess the land is waterlogged or swappy

1 Like

Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Wild Banana Plants In My Site by Shellsploit: 2:07am On Dec 22, 2020
Salt...

1 Like

Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Wild Banana Plants In My Site by wwwkaycom(m): 6:09am On Dec 22, 2020
Helpfromabove1:
I guess the land is waterlogged or swappy
No.
Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Wild Banana Plants In My Site by Pochettino(f): 9:40am On Dec 22, 2020
Eat them
Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Wild Banana Plants In My Site by flames007(m): 10:17am On Dec 22, 2020
Its a very simple issues.
When I was in the village,to do that we simple cut the banana stem as near to the ground as possible then generously apply salt to the freshly cut wound of the stem. Dem no born an well,e go dry!

(1) (Reply)

How To Invest In The Paramount Twin Towers Oniru, Lagos / A Plot Of Land For Sale In Lagos / Fenced 1plots Of Virgin Land @ Haruna Agric Ikorodu. PIXXX

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.