Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,051 members, 7,825,345 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 12:05 PM

Onyeka Onwenu False Prophesy - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Onyeka Onwenu False Prophesy (864 Views)

Onyeka Onwenu: "They Worked Against Me As Director-General Because I'm An Igbo" / Photos: Onyeka Onwenu Meets Buhari / Onyeka Onwenu Shuns Icpc’s Invitation To Explain N17m Bribe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Onyeka Onwenu False Prophesy by money4cash(m): 2:56pm On Mar 27, 2011
[b]ONYEKA ONWENU, A WOMAN I RESPECTED SO MUCH, BUT THIS TRACK WILL BE A SONG YOU WILL FOREVER REGRET THROUGH OUT YOUR MUSIC CAREER COME APRIL.
Onyeka Onwenu, described by Nigerian entertainment press as 'the elegant stallion,' has been humbled beyond words by the overwhelming acceptance her ‘Run, Goodluck Run’; song has received from music loving Nigerians. She recorded and released the song just to encourage President Goodluck Jonathan who had then kept the nation guessing as to whether or not he would throw his hat into the 2011 presidential election ring.
"Whoa! That's all I can say about the public reaction to a simple song I recorded, titled Run, Goodluck Run, to encourage President Goodluck Jonathan to run for another term in office," she says "Till today, I still receive very positive reactions from a broad spectrum of Nigerians, through text messages, phone calls and face to face comments. Chief Ebenezer Babatope, God bless him, accused me of turning the Jonathan campaign into a "mass movement" with the song. Another person reacted that "I am speechless, God is awesome. Thank God for your life." Surprisingly, she said she is reluctant to claim glory for the song, as according to her, she is not the author. "But how can I take credit for a song I did not write," she asked. "When I got the inspiration to write this song, I went down on my knees to ask for help. I had just released a 13 track CD, The Legend, as well as the theme song for Nigeria@50 - Celebrate, Jubilate and Consolidate. I felt I didn't have any more songs left in me, at the time. But the One who brought the inspiration brought the song. I remember praying with the producer, Wole Oni, and asking God to send an anointed song as proof that He was behind Jonathan's project. If you have heard Run, Goodluck Run, you will agree with me that the song is indeed anointed. But in the midst of the kind words from top Nigerians and the show of solidarity from the masses at the Eagles' Square for a song well written and sung, Onyeka is bearing a burden. She has been under pressure from colleagues, friends and relations who want a share of whatever amount she was paid by The Presidency for the song.
"When Mr. President, at the presentation of the Inspiration for Change CD, which contained the song, Run, Goodluck Run, expressed his sympathy for me, saying that he was sure very few people would believe that I had done the work free of charge, I wondered how bad could it be. It turned out that Mr. President knew what he was talking about. The pressure has been unrelenting. The rumour was thick that I was paid N50million, some said N100million, to record the song and video. Friends and relations who hadn't spoken to me for years, suddenly found my number again. Some needed school fees for their wards; others had urgent medical bills, some, yet, wanted me to remember them in my hour of plenty. My immediate family members were not spared either. Wherever my brother went, he was made to buy drinks for all present. We took it all in our stride and coped with great deal of laughter and words like, 'I receive it in Jesus name.' Amen."
But the truth is that "If I had been paid to write the songs, I would have sounded paid. I doubt that they would have carried the same conviction, passion and anointing that is so palpable and which the public responded to. I have had to duplicate copies of the Inspiration for Change CD, which I distribute free of charge, everywhere I go. The demand has been enormous and I am still trying to cope. But I do so gladly. I am flattered; I am honoured to be a vessel for the conveyance of such moving piece of music. I am grateful to God, to be so used. I have been richly rewarded by the One who sees all."
But in spite of the impact of the songs, she almost missed out from the musical jamboree of the declaration. "You may be surprised to learn that I almost did not make it to the Eagle's Square on the day of the declaration. The organisers somehow forgot to extend an invitation to me. It took the intervention of someone in the Presidency, who having weighed the impact of the songs in the days leading up to the declaration, insisted that I be included in the programme. And so I was included at the last minute. No provision was made for me by the organisers, and I paid my way. But I am glad that at the end of the day, Run, Goodluck Run spoke for itself."
The theme song for Nigeria she said was challenging. It was challenging, "Because I did not want to sound like a hypocrite, especially as not a few Nigerians believed that there was not much to celebrate in our 50years of Independence. Yet, in my heart I felt that we indeed had a lot to cheer about. God reminded me that our continued unity, the many blessings in natural and human resources He had bestowed on the country were enough reasons to celebrate. The theme song therefore became a thanksgiving song.
"After the performance of this song at the Variety Night on September 30, an elderly man, about 70 years old, felt obliged to thank me for making it an all inclusive affair. I felt elated. I had indeed achieved what I had set out to do. Unfortunately, the Nigeria@50 Subcommittee on Publicity and Public Awareness relegated the song to the background and never did support it fully. They simply did nothing with it. I paid for its duplication and distribution to radio stations around the country as well was raising its awareness. Even though the committee eventually paid for the studio cost of recording the song, I had to start the work with my own funds and it took them a very long time to reimburse me.[/b]
Re: Onyeka Onwenu False Prophesy by bashr4: 3:02pm On Mar 27, 2011
haters should go and jump inside the atlantic ocean , i dont support GEJ but celebrities have the right to show support for their candidate whether they were paid or not, onyeka and dbanj are still the best and no about of trash written about them on the internet will change that. Nigerians and their bad belle always looking for who to pull down to their miserable situation.
Re: Onyeka Onwenu False Prophesy by EnuguUkwu: 3:28pm On Mar 27, 2011
dont mind the dem.

Onyeka can buy you if they put you up for sale @Poster
Re: Onyeka Onwenu False Prophesy by Afam4eva(m): 3:33pm On Mar 27, 2011
OP, just shut the hell up already. Why do people have a problem when someone in the public eye is supporting jonathan would you have made same statement if she was supporting Buhari. please people have the liberty to support whoever they deem feet.
Re: Onyeka Onwenu False Prophesy by niceone3(m): 4:08pm On Mar 27, 2011
At poster
don't quite get ur arguement against d elegant stallion
Re: Onyeka Onwenu False Prophesy by EkoIle1: 5:50pm On Mar 27, 2011
Openly advocaing for and promoting the most destructive and corrupt  political party and group of people in the history of Nigeria pictures how corrupt and out of touch many of these entertainiers are.

Is it even possible to take them seriously or accord them any credibility after praising and encouraging incompetent looters and an incompetent man with no visible achievement as a deputy governor, as a governor and even as a president, a man getting propped up and manipulated by the most unpatriotic, crooked and corrupt people in the world?

In sane and rational societies, you ask people to vote for capable candidiates with credible achievments, not candidiates and political parties with 12 years of disastrous rule full of painful, agony, regression and total misery.

It's safe to conclude that this woman herself is mentally corrupt, out of touch and a sad reflection of our dubious and negative national character.
Re: Onyeka Onwenu False Prophesy by money4cash(m): 10:22pm On Mar 27, 2011
@ eko ile, thank u for supporting the truth. i tell u today, history will judge u right for this comment because many people will not like to hear the truth. they sing your praises not for what they know or even what they believe but for what they can get. i bet you, Onyeka and Dbang will forever be silent in this nation not for anything for they'll not know how to burry that shame. REST IN PEACE PDP

(1) (Reply)

3,637 Suppoter Gej On Facebook But 14,881 support Muhammadu Buhari / April 2011 Polls: Princewill Commends Rivers’s People And Prof. Jega / Gov Ikedi Ohakim Flogged 40 Year Old Man In His Office

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.