Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,134 members, 7,818,420 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:57 PM

ASUU Will End Strike Before January 15 - Ngige - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Will End Strike Before January 15 - Ngige (10649 Views)

See Why ASUU Will Never Go On Strike If Peter Obi Wins (PHOTOS) / Ngige: ASUU Will Call Off Their Strike Soon / ASUU Gives Least Acceptable Conditions To End Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

ASUU Will End Strike Before January 15 - Ngige by valentineuwakwe(m): 12:57am On Dec 23, 2020
The Federal Government has again assured Nigerians that the prolonged strike by the Academic Staff Union of Universities would soon come to an end.

The assurances followed the payment of part of the arrears of salaries to the university lecturers in line with the agreement reached with the union.

Some lecturers confirmed that they had been paid two months’ salary arrears.

Speaking at the meeting with ASUU on Tuesday, the Minister of Labour and Employment, Senator Chris Ngige, said the strike would be called off before January 15.

Referring to an ultimatum issued by some students, the minister said the industrial action would be resolved before January 15, noting, however, that he had not received a letter from the students threatening to embark on protests if the strike was not called off.

Ngige said, “The government would disappoint all those wishing for the protests as all the matters in dispute must have been resolved by January 15.

“Those who want to use the #EndASUU protest to destroy public and private property or lecturers homes will be disappointed.”

“I am optimistic that the meeting will produce the final result that will make everybody happy,” Ngige said.

Expressing optimism about the meeting, the minister informed ASUU that he had received confirmation from the FG that most of the grey areas had been dealt with.

“We are hopeful that ASUU will then take the report of what we achieved today to their members. We allow social dialogue in line with ILO conventions for all employers and employee, to guide this meeting,” he stated.

The ASUU President, Prof Biodun Ogunyemi said they sympathised with students who were also their children, adding that “no amount of sacrifice would be too much to get the matter resolved as long as the government is consistent with its commitments.”

Ogunyemi said they came for the meeting with all sense of responsibility to resolve the crisis in the interest of the students and their members who he said had been starving.

He, however, reiterated that only the National Executive Committee of ASUU could announce the suspension of the strike.

https://punchng.com/ASUU-will-end-strike-before-january-15-says-fg/

1 Like

Re: ASUU Will End Strike Before January 15 - Ngige by wewe1(m): 1:56am On Dec 23, 2020
Uhumm!
Only a dancer who dances moderately dances for long; an immoderate dancer courts shame. [Moderation is crucial]

This show of shame is enough!
This ancient problem between FG and ASUU..... This is 2020. We should be ashamed of our self as a country.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASUU Will End Strike Before January 15 - Ngige by JaneYave(f): 3:43am On Dec 23, 2020
When they two want to be reasonable.
Re: ASUU Will End Strike Before January 15 - Ngige by Adonis86(m): 4:22am On Dec 23, 2020
ASUU just made Ngige an escape goat by calling off the strike, while Ngige was still projecting next year. No longer a news...

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASUU Will End Strike Before January 15 - Ngige by MANNABBQGRILLS: 4:26am On Dec 23, 2020
We hope so.
Our wards and children must go back to school please.

And I am so sure that when the strike is called off,
When Some students resume school and try to read with their books in front of them on the reading table,
I am sure what will be ringing inside their brain over and over is
'make i tell you wetin happen for Abule'!

make i tell you wetin happen for Abule'!!

make i tell you wetin happen for Abule'!!!
Hehehehe grin cheesy wink
Una no go kill person for dis forum, we swear down!!

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: ASUU Will End Strike Before January 15 - Ngige by lkillbrokehoes: 4:51am On Dec 23, 2020
I just pray they fix this asap, all these young boys and girls here have become a menace to the society, ASUU needs to call off the strike so that they can resume by January and also FG should settle them too

5 Likes

Re: ASUU Will End Strike Before January 15 - Ngige by Rilwayne001: 5:08am On Dec 23, 2020
January 15 again? Why all these cry cry cry cry cry

3 Likes

Re: ASUU Will End Strike Before January 15 - Ngige by emilfischer(m): 5:55am On Dec 23, 2020
This people are just playing with our destiny.

Anyway... I have UK used Elitebook 8460p for sale at an affordable price of 85,000.

You can check my signature for more info.
Re: ASUU Will End Strike Before January 15 - Ngige by kambili999(f): 6:04am On Dec 23, 2020
Let's be hopeful
Re: ASUU Will End Strike Before January 15 - Ngige by Onekind04(m): 6:07am On Dec 23, 2020
They should end it today abeg

1 Like

Re: ASUU Will End Strike Before January 15 - Ngige by Dayoebe(m): 6:19am On Dec 23, 2020
by March 9 It will be exactly a year ASUU has been on strike.

Do they really need to resume Am sure they will strike another strike by 2021

4 Likes

Re: ASUU Will End Strike Before January 15 - Ngige by Sandydayziz(f): 6:41am On Dec 23, 2020
Same news over Nd over again.
If I read this 1 more time, I don’t know. undecided
Re: ASUU Will End Strike Before January 15 - Ngige by Jackyz: 7:24am On Dec 23, 2020
It will end in premium tears
Re: ASUU Will End Strike Before January 15 - Ngige by Lewaxlexis: 7:41am On Dec 23, 2020
I wish this could get to you and your foolish squad

God punish you for playing with our future, your greedy government and stingy politicians has damage the country education and render the students hopeless.

Today new story, tomorrow same story
And you are coming out to tell us not to protest so the will not damage private and public property. Is it not your government that causes the damages you pay hoodlums to attack peaceful protester......

Today you are smelling that stupid mouth are you not ashame of yourself and your government 10 month of strike with no intention of calling off. Did you have pity for the poor and average Nigerians? Blaming government today you blame the youth for damages not blaming your politicians for sponsoring hoodlums and bandits

Idiot

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Will End Strike Before January 15 - Ngige by Samakus(m): 7:41am On Dec 23, 2020
School is not resuming till 18 January due to the lockdown. So, no need to shout. Strike will be called off before then

3 Likes

Re: ASUU Will End Strike Before January 15 - Ngige by kabiruDK(m): 8:15am On Dec 23, 2020
Same old shiit!!
Elemental fools.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Will End Strike Before January 15 - Ngige by samuelpeters(m): 8:15am On Dec 23, 2020
I thought NANS ultimatum was Jan 5th?
Re: ASUU Will End Strike Before January 15 - Ngige by mobiyina66793: 8:28am On Dec 23, 2020
We hope so.Our wards and children must go back to school please.
Re: ASUU Will End Strike Before January 15 - Ngige by sinkhole: 9:13am On Dec 23, 2020
Re: ASUU Will End Strike Before January 15 - Ngige by OYENIYIJK: 9:16am On Dec 23, 2020
February 2021 wink

Check my signature though

1 Like

Re: ASUU Will End Strike Before January 15 - Ngige by Karlifate: 9:17am On Dec 23, 2020
FG & cruise:

cheesy grin grin

1 Like

Re: ASUU Will End Strike Before January 15 - Ngige by DontBullshitMe: 9:17am On Dec 23, 2020
Universities to reopen in January, 2021.

August, 2021 ; Punch reports : ASUU embarks on indefinite strike over FG failure to implement agreement.

It's a vicious cycle.

Private Universities (in Nigeria) and highly ranked foreign universities is the best bet for parents/guardians.

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Will End Strike Before January 15 - Ngige by DoubleEngine007: 9:17am On Dec 23, 2020
End it first. No dey make noise for there..

He came out to say they ended it last time,before we go know, ASSU say na lie..

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Will End Strike Before January 15 - Ngige by Obagreatdatoye(m): 9:17am On Dec 23, 2020
I pray so ooo.....do you need a graphics designer for your logo, banner, business card , flyer or any related graphics design...I'm available... Check my signature for my contact detail.
Re: ASUU Will End Strike Before January 15 - Ngige by HerMajestyCares(f): 9:17am On Dec 23, 2020
STORY Story story angry

School will resume indeed

THEN WHAT HAPPEN TO the Fake covid 19 school Lock down angry angry

I Thank Jesus for wealth and life. cheesy cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASUU Will End Strike Before January 15 - Ngige by IamRandy: 9:17am On Dec 23, 2020
IF THIS NEWS is not directly from ASUU CHAIRMAN...

Pls for your own good as an Undergraduate, LEARN A SKILL and IGNORE those BUNCH of LIARS in Buhari govt!

3 Likes

Re: ASUU Will End Strike Before January 15 - Ngige by GodWrites: 9:17am On Dec 23, 2020
"Keep the mind of a man caged for long, and he will remain caged even when finally out of the cage" - Henry Ibeleme

The only time crime will reduce, terrorism will end, and development set in is when education is a priority.

If there are people today who still believe 72 virgins await them in heaven, to the extent of bombing themselves, it shows how miserable the educational system is.

No educated, mentally stable individual who reasons in a logical way will do such idiotic act.

The one way you can tame a savage animal is through education. When you fail to do this, he's bound to cause chaos.

In politics, these chaos is needed, to divert attention and launder money in broad day light.

They don't want the youths going back to school, cause it's not good news for them.

They will keep delaying it, for as long as possible until they can't anymore. It's a shame!
Re: ASUU Will End Strike Before January 15 - Ngige by Waytolife: 9:17am On Dec 23, 2020
No they won’t
Re: ASUU Will End Strike Before January 15 - Ngige by sinkhole: 9:18am On Dec 23, 2020
IamRandy:
IF THIS NEWS is not directly from ASUU CHAIRMAN...

Pls for your own good as an Undergraduate, LEARN A SKILL and IGNORE those BUNCH of LIARS in Buhari govt!
But the guy himself is addressing a press conference now
Re: ASUU Will End Strike Before January 15 - Ngige by Kingpele(m): 9:19am On Dec 23, 2020
U guys are very useless,if your child is in public university ngige will u allow this strike to have lasted so long...our legislative is even more useless ,they could have pressurized both parties to settle their differences in record time instead of this to and for

1 Like

Re: ASUU Will End Strike Before January 15 - Ngige by DrBasit(m): 9:19am On Dec 23, 2020
Ok
Re: ASUU Will End Strike Before January 15 - Ngige by IamFINESSE: 9:19am On Dec 23, 2020
Bleep them

(1) (2) (Reply)

Download Latest Law Project Topics/materials / List Of Ooni That Ruled Ile Ife / Nairaland 2016 Jamb Tutorial Classroon [use Of English Thread]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.