Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,415 members, 7,815,935 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:21 PM

The Power Of Sin - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Power Of Sin (276 Views)

Difference Between Praying For Forgiveness Of Sin And Repentance / True Definition Of Sin. / Pastor Arinze Okoli Mmaduabuchi: "Gay Is Not A Sin” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Power Of Sin by jonatoye(m): 7:08am On Dec 23, 2020
~~~Daily Spiritual Digest~~~ 

Focus: The Power of Sin

WORD FOR TODAY
The power of sin is in the secrecy of it. The only way to weaken the power of sin is to expose and forsake it!!!
Scriptural Reference
"He who covers his sins will not prosper, But whoever confesses and forsakes them will have mercy." (Proverb 28:13 NKJV)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The power of sin becomes impotent in the life of a man who confesses and forsakes it. A man will continue to be a slave to sin as long as he fails to expose the sin in his life. You must know that the greatest strategy of the devil is to make a man who sins to feel big and be ashamed to confess his sin.

Sin leads to inner defeat and prevents a man from having dominion. If there is a sin you have not confessed; it will hinder your prosperity spiritually and in all ramifications of life. A man who sins is already in a mess and such needs forgiveness. You must be humble enough to acknowledge your sins, confess and forsake them. This is the only way to cripple the power of sin.

+ Is your life free from secret sins?

Lord! I will not be a slave to sin in Jesus name. Amen!!!

Emphasis
The only way to have dominion over sin and agent of darkness is to give sin no hiding place in your life!!!

Have a Victorious Wednesday!!!
Re: The Power Of Sin by DukeJoe17: 7:10am On Dec 23, 2020
Sin is dangerous though but no one can live above sin; that is why grace and mercy are free.
Re: The Power Of Sin by coolsegun2002: 7:30am On Dec 23, 2020
DukeJoe17:
Sin is dangerous though but no one can live above sin; that is why grace and mercy are free.
I get ur point ooo... and it’s valid under a context. However, this statement/ doctrine is also why many Christians are seen living lives like they never met Christ...
.sèbi no one is perfect
Sebi God go forgive as long as I confess.
I’ve not seen people that fornicate like Christians
Steal and pay tithe like Christians, Commit adultery like Christians, all becos “God understands” and will forgive.. we don’t strive towards holiness anymore...
Re: The Power Of Sin by DukeJoe17: 7:35am On Dec 23, 2020
coolsegun2002:

I get ur point ooo... and it’s valid under a context. However, this statement/ doctrine is also why many Christians are seen living lives like they never met Christ...
.sèbi no one is perfect
Sebi God go forgive as long as I confess.
I’ve not seen people that fornicate like Christians
Steal and pay tithe like Christians, Commit adultery like Christians, all becos “God understands” and will forgive.. we don’t strive towards holiness anymore...

grace will never abound where there is perpetual sinning because as at that moment, the euphoria of iniquity won't grant you any reason to ask for forgiveness.
Re: The Power Of Sin by coolsegun2002: 7:48am On Dec 23, 2020
DukeJoe17:
grace will never abound where there is perpetual sinning because as at that moment, the euphoria of iniquity won't grant you any reason to ask for forgiveness.

U are the one claiming no one can live above sin when the Bible says otherwise
Re: The Power Of Sin by DukeJoe17: 9:31am On Dec 23, 2020
coolsegun2002:

U are the one claiming no one can live above sin when the Bible says otherwise
That's why I made mention of grace and mercy or can you live above sin on your own?

(1) (Reply)

Dreams / Nathaniel Bassey Confirms End Time Prophecy / Pastor Chris Warns Pastors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.