Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,322 members, 7,853,487 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 05:35 PM

Honour Your Parents - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Honour Your Parents (104 Views)

Honour Your Mother / Check Out The 4 Practical Ways To Honour Your Husband / Check Out The 4 Practical Ways To Honour Your Husband (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Honour Your Parents by kpakpandoN(m): 8:51am On Dec 23, 2020
Exodus 20:12 says that you must honour your parents if you do not want to die young. This is because of the law of harvest. Whatever you do to your parents, your children will do to you in future. If you honour your parent, you will live to become a parent and your children will honour you in return. The Bible says that God gets very upset at children who mistreat their parents.

“Whoso curseth his father or his mother, his lamp shall be put out in obscure darkness” – Proverbs 20:20

The above passage tells you that you should watch what you say to or about your parents, so that your light would not be put out in the day time. In other words, if all of a sudden, a child thinks that he/she is now of age and prosperous and need not have any regard for his/her parents anymore, not only would the child die suddenly, he/she would do so in such a manner as to make people wonder “How can this be?” I want to appeal to you if your parents are still alive, that you honour them, if you want to live long and enjoy the blessings of God.

This is the sole cause of the death of many young people these days, but because it cannot be scientifically proven, many people ignore it. Your parents, no matter how bad they may have been, are the ones chosen by God to bring you to this world. He knew how they would treat you before He allowed you come through them, and since we know that God does all things for our good, then our parents have a part to play in the fulfillment of our destiny. God brought you to this world through them, so the least you can do is to honour them. You may be saying “Oh, you don’t know what my parents have done to me; if you did, you wouldn’t be telling me to honour them.” Well, they may have been horrible to you, but you don’t have to extend the effect of what they did to you by dishonouring them. It is for your own good that you honour them because dishonouring them brings a curse. Forgive them for whatever they have done wrong and begin to honour them as from today. It is God’s will that you do so.
Written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye.

(1) (Reply)

You 'must' Love Yourself. / Repent And Accept The Gospel Of Jesus Christ Crucified Now / Broadcast 1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.