Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,186 members, 7,953,661 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 10:09 PM

The Real Warri Vs The Fake Warri Pt2 - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Real Warri Vs The Fake Warri Pt2 (304 Views)

The Real Warri Vs The Fake Warri / Mind Blowing Facts And Great Discoveries Pt2 (GRAPHIC PICTURES INSIDE). / The School Attended By Success, The Warri Girl Sent Home Over Fees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Real Warri Vs The Fake Warri Pt2 by jolo26(m): 10:23am On Dec 24, 2020
THE OLU TITLE TUSSLE*

Continue...pt 2

We are not new to the fact that there was an interregnum in WARRI KINGDOM for 88yrs which came to an end in 1936 when the new Olu was crown with the title "GINUWA the 2nd the OLU OF WARRI" we should note that before this time, Nigeria already exist, with provinces created all over the country (in those days province is what we call STATE today). There was a province call "WARRI PROVINCE" ( the whole area mark red in the map1 ). The Urhobos who were the majority and the ABOH nation kick against the title, because it would mean the OLU will be regarded as the king of the whole WARRI PROVINCE (The fake WARRI).
(in my own opinion, they were right kicking against the title) but on the other hand the ITSEKIRIS were also right because a king bears the title of the land he rules over.( To me the British were to be blame naming the whole province with the name WARRI which belong to the Itsekiri ethnic group, but they also didn't know such title Tussle will come up. At least WARRI was the Major name they had been use to.

The Urhobos took the case the the British who later prevail on the Itsekiris to change the title of their king to the OLU of ITSEKIRI (the title olu of itsekiri lasted for 20ys), Before Awolowo came to the scene whom the ITSEKIRI ask to change the title of the king to it's original title, which was the OLU of WARRI before the interregnum. Awolowo did, and this angered the Urhobos, which led to riot.

Both the Itsekiri and Urhobos were invited to Ibadan the headquarters of the western region.
The Urhobo lawyers did not denied the authenticity of the title "OLU of WARRI" but he said now that the name WARRI was use to name all land in the PROVINCE, that mean the name "WARRI DOSENT BELONG TO ONLY THE ITSEKIRI" but to the Urhobos, ijaws and everyone in the province.(he was referring to the fake WARRI here). He then suggested the name be change from WARRI province to DELTA province.

The name of the PROVINCE was therefore change from WARRI province to "DELTA PROVINCE " so that the OLU can bear his correct title.

In this whole saga, it was the name "WARRI" binding on all lands that was the problem and not ownership of THE REAL WARRI as per say.

QUESTION: if WARRI belong to Urhobos, why are your political office holder today not fighting for the title to be change?

NOTE: As at this time the Urhobos living in the REAL WARRI regard themselves tenant to the Itsekiri, they didn't say the OLU should bear OLU of ITSEKIRI. In these whole drama ,the whole ijaws in the province did not say "pim"(not a word from them.

PLS ALLOW AWOLOWO AND YOUR FOREFATHER'S TO REST IN PEACE.your forefathers fourth a good fight for you. Some Urhobos do say their forefathers made mistake given Itsekiris land. Which land?

late CHIEF EDEWO' an URHOBO man once said " any Urhobo man buried in WARRI is a slave to the Itsekiri"

WARRI A COLONISING NAME*

One question I always ask is " why are the Urhobos not proud of the name of their homeland, can't they say they are from Ughelli, udu, uvwie, Ethiope etc. look at the like of "I GO DYE" GORDONS" ERIGGA" OBAKPORORO etc. Name one Urhobo celebrity that come from the REAL WARRI. Though nothing bad about that because even an IBO boy will tell you he is a Lagos boy but Urhobos are using that as a tool to misinform people on social media and making claim.

This is because the name WARRI was once use to colonized all lands in the region and the name is still colonising all land around it and beyond. Well I don't blame them, the same way we prefers to bear a colonial ENGLISH NAME than our native name. The name WARRI is a colonial name to the Urhobos and Ijaws, so they have a kind of nostalgic feeling and sentimental attachment to it.

Right from onset, the name of the Itsekiri homeland IWERRE as been mispronounced and documented by different British on various historical maps as WARE, WARI, AWERI, AWYRI, WAREE,etc and now WARRI. hence the WARRI in the map.

The WARRI in this map is what has been splits into the three(3)WARRI LGA, when the Itsekiris agitated for more Local government areas for political reasons. So why are the Urhobos and Ijaws are now saying they own WARRI...jolomi

1 Like

Re: The Real Warri Vs The Fake Warri Pt2 by Adortem: 5:08pm On Dec 24, 2020
Urgent Vacancy! A real estate company is hiring, Real Estate Branch Sales Managers in Warri, qualified candidates with real estate sales experience should send CVs to careers@landshop.ng with "BSM-Warri" as the subject of the email.

(1) (Reply)

Free Tuition Fee To Norway For International Students / Should I Let Go? / I Am At The Verge Of Missing My Exams

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.