Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,730 members, 7,820,531 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:32 PM

Does The Sharia Law Mentions Cutting Off The Ear As Punishment For Adultery? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does The Sharia Law Mentions Cutting Off The Ear As Punishment For Adultery? (2282 Views)

Full-blown Sharia Law Imminent, CAN Raises Alarm / Afghan Lady Stoned To Death For Adultery While The Man Got Caned / Mega Church Pastors That Fell For Adultery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Does The Sharia Law Mentions Cutting Off The Ear As Punishment For Adultery? by oritameta(m): 10:12am On Mar 28, 2011
The subject isn't the whole story but it was the excuse the group of Muslims had for cutting of the man's ear. I'm asking this question because the punishment was not carried out by a Sharia Court but by a group of 12 Muslims in the private room of a police officer that was a Muslim as well. Sharia Law as we know is already in place in several Northern States, so does the Sharia Law stipulate that you cut off a man's ear for adultery? Can the adulterer be sentenced and resulting punishment carried out on him by any group of Muslims? Since it was not rape, should the female also not have are ear cut off? If the Sharia court was the appropriate court to pronounce punishment for adultery and the likes, while did this group of Muslims inflict such an awful act on a fellow man.

I'm asking because Sharia is in Nigeria and I wonder what fate awaits non-Muslims residing in the Sharia regions because the motive of the attack on this 45 year old non-Muslim was because he had rejected converting to Islam and the lady with whom the lawless animals claimed he had had sexual intercourse with denied repeatedly that she had any thing with the man.

I'd appreciate that ANY ONE (MUSLIMS & NON-MUSLIMS) should not result to insult on this thread please. I simply need an explanation as to why those men did what they did without the involvement of a Sharia Court and why the Sharia court in Egypt would drop the case since the man who's ear got cut off dropped charges - Why? They threatened to kidnap his female children. Have lived in Egypt for a while and they do this things to non-Muslim girls a lot so don't even try disputing that.

Shalom

For the full story and image - http://www.thegiftedhands.com/?p=205
Re: Does The Sharia Law Mentions Cutting Off The Ear As Punishment For Adultery? by Sweetnecta: 12:19pm On Mar 28, 2011
^^^^ Nowadays, most people unfortunately practice their religions when it is convenient. Probably people most are hypocrites. Also some may be ignorant or just evil with the religion having any impact on their hearts.

There is no compulsion in religion declares the Quran.

Further, nowhere in the Quran or hadith is ear associated with what the private part commits.

If the woman says she has nothing to do with the man, there is no proof for illegal sex, since the man sang the same tune.

Sharia law especially on the matters of sex, a private affairs should be primarily be put on Muslims, unless a non muslims wishes the law to be applied to him/her.

Even if there is sexual relationships where muslim is involved, it is very difficult to proof because there should be 4 eyewitnesses who saw it, all together and they must swear, and even curse themselves if they bore false witness[es]. if one of them opt out, all the others are dropped just as well and they must receive lashes for bearing false witnesses resulting to their forever be not credible as a witness.

I wonder why a society like Egypt will not clamp on the people doing evil defacing what Allah has created?

None of the actions of the gang is within Sharia.
Re: Does The Sharia Law Mentions Cutting Off The Ear As Punishment For Adultery? by Nobody: 2:58pm On Mar 28, 2011
No compulsion before conversion but strictly adherence to Islam when in it.
Example,The prophet never condone Asma revealing hijab when she visited Aisha her sister.

(1) (Reply)

A 2-hour Exposition On Tithing And Debate With A Nigerian Tithe Preacher / Traditional Religions Are Superior To Christianity / Until Men Mock You, God May Not Make You.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.