Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,225 members, 7,818,770 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:34 AM

Impeachment Of Buhari Over Insecurity Will Amount To Abuse Of Power – Sagay - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Impeachment Of Buhari Over Insecurity Will Amount To Abuse Of Power – Sagay (283 Views)

2023 Elections: Being A Spokesman Doesn't Give You Right To Abuse - Bishop Kukah / Buratai: Insecurity Will End When Nigerians Want It To End / Okorocha On Ahiajoku Lecture: Ihedioha Gathered PDP Chieftains To Abuse Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Impeachment Of Buhari Over Insecurity Will Amount To Abuse Of Power – Sagay by Ebullience(m): 6:53pm On Dec 24, 2020
As calls for the removal of President Muhammadu Buhari grew with worsening insecurity and following the recent abduction of Kankara schoolboys, the Chairman, Presidential Advisory Committee Against Corruption, Prof Itse Sagay has said it will amount to an abuse of impeachment power to impeach Buhari because of insecurity.

Sagay disclosed this to SaharaReporters on Thursday, while reacting to recent calls for Buhari’s impeachment across the country.

He also criticised the opposition party, People Democratic Party, for calling for the impeachment of the president.

“Calling for the impeachment of Buhari based on insecurity is an abuse of impeachment power. There is nothing wrong in criticising him so he can do more. But I don’t think there’s anything he has not done that warrants calling for his impeachment,” Sagay said.

“What do you expect from the PDP? Their chairman was dancing in Abuja because innocent children were kidnapped. The PDP doesn’t care about the country. The PDP is not an organization. Impeachment is not what we use against a responsible man.

“We don’t use impeachment because of security issues, it has to be something that affects the character, commitment, honesty and integrity of the person in power, not just because of unfortunate happenings under the person’s watch.”

When asked about the kind of offence that could justify the commencement of impeachment proceedings against the president, Sagay said, “I can’t tell you what he would do to warrant his impeachment, so you won’t be going out to promote his impeachment.”

In the same manner, the senator representing Kaduna South, Danjuma La’ah, insinuated that members of the Senate would have nothing to do with any move to impeach the president.

“I think the impeachment call comes from a House of Representatives’ member. It is different from what we discuss in the Senate. Am I a Rep (House of Representatives’ member? You can’t ask me what concerns the Reps. We in the Senate haven’t called for the impeachment of the president. We in the Senate have a focused thinking. We talk like elders,” La’ah stated.

http://saharareporters.com/2020/12/24/impeachment-buhari-over-insecurity-will-amount-abuse-power-–-sagay

1 Like

Re: Impeachment Of Buhari Over Insecurity Will Amount To Abuse Of Power – Sagay by Racoon(m): 6:59pm On Dec 24, 2020
“Calling for the impeachment of Buhari based on insecurity is an abuse of impeachment power. There is nothing wrong in criticising him so he can do more. But I don’t think there’s anything he has not done that warrants calling for his impeachment,” Sagay said.
Criticize the unpardonable failures of a lifeless president so that he can do more? So upon all the democratic & constitutional fouls Buhari have committed none of them is worthy of impeachment in the eyes of this so called constitutional law guru? What have really possessed this man called Sagay?

The vegetable you're serving ought to have willingly resigned a long time ago or be impeached were Nigeria a sane country with a legislature that is proactive but alas, all it has is a rubberstamp NASS who is a vestigial part of the executive.

My your family members be killed so that you can also feel the pain & anguish multitudes of bereaved families have suffered & still suffering because of a failed president who refused to live up to his constitution-al responsibilities.Loud mouthed idiot always talking trash.

2 Likes

Re: Impeachment Of Buhari Over Insecurity Will Amount To Abuse Of Power – Sagay by Nobody: 6:59pm On Dec 24, 2020
How a politician describe how big the Money he looted was grin

CHECK MY SIGNATURE FOR AWOOF AIRTIME. DON'T FORGET TO USE COUPON IMMEDIATELY

Re: Impeachment Of Buhari Over Insecurity Will Amount To Abuse Of Power – Sagay by Nobody: 7:03pm On Dec 24, 2020
impeachment no go work for naija
ask me why
Re: Impeachment Of Buhari Over Insecurity Will Amount To Abuse Of Power – Sagay by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 7:07pm On Dec 24, 2020
Itse Sagay is a senile bat and I'm proven right every single time he opens his mouth to speak on national issues cool
Re: Impeachment Of Buhari Over Insecurity Will Amount To Abuse Of Power – Sagay by Nobody: 7:31pm On Dec 24, 2020
In a state that functions and works, Buhari shouldn't even be in power for the second time after his failed disgraceful first term.

Now for the call of impeachment, Sagay saying the president hasn't done anything to warrant that shows how mentally challenged he is.
How can he say that the only reason for impeachment should be a taint on character and personality?

I was opportuned to serve as a parliamentarian in my 200l and when the then president wasn't functioning, he was asked to resign and when he refused, we impeached him.

That is exactly what should have happened to Buhari when he claimed the title of being a president but refused to act like one.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Just In: House Of Reps Deny Apologising To Buhari / Insecurity Thwarting Nigeria’s Economic Growth – Buhari / Covid-19: Government Makes Clarifications On The Up Coming Second Lockdown

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.