Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,703 members, 7,831,202 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:28 PM

How Can I Receive Money Sent To Me From The USA? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Can I Receive Money Sent To Me From The USA? (551 Views)

Banks To Pay Customers Money Sent From Abroad In Naira / What Is Happening To Banks? Can't Receive Money Sent To Me / Government Money Wrongly Sent To An Individual Account. Advise? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Receive Money Sent To Me From The USA? by MaryJane24: 10:16pm On Dec 24, 2020
Hello, Nairalanders. I know it seems I'm talking about money a lot these days. But who can blame me? This is one forum where I always get answers. I once posted about the inability to send money to the US from Nigeria via platforms like worldremit and transferwise. Now, it seems the wahala is the inability to receive money transfers from the US. Please people, what is going on? Two separate people in the US have told me they couldn't make transfers to my account successfully. One tried to use Transferwise, while the other tried to use Worldremit. I know it has something to do with the current CBN policy about withdrawing dollars in the country. But my bank account the money should be sent to is a domiciliary savings account so I didn't expect there should be a problem. Didn't they say we will be able to withdraw from our domiciliary account? Please advice.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: How Can I Receive Money Sent To Me From The USA? by budaatum: 10:58pm On Dec 24, 2020
Interesting.
Re: How Can I Receive Money Sent To Me From The USA? by nifemi25(m): 11:02pm On Dec 24, 2020
Oga tell the person to use western union. Na dollar them go even give you without stress.
Re: How Can I Receive Money Sent To Me From The USA? by Ogharaboy: 11:06pm On Dec 24, 2020
Use remitly and thank me later. A reference number will be sent to you, to pick up your cash from the bank stated.

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Receive Money Sent To Me From The USA? by Ogharaboy: 11:12pm On Dec 24, 2020
That's a sample

Re: How Can I Receive Money Sent To Me From The USA? by Nobody: 11:34pm On Dec 24, 2020
Open a bitcoin wallet address and send to them.

Either open with LUNO or QUIDAX
Re: How Can I Receive Money Sent To Me From The USA? by MaryJane24: 11:24am On Dec 25, 2020
nifemi25:
Oga tell the person to use western union. Na dollar them go even give you without stress.
Do note that if the transfer is made into my domiciliary account, I'll still be able to withdraw in dollars. One of the senders is a company while the other is an individual. I'll see if the company is willing to make the payment to me via western union. Finally, I'm not Oga. You can call me madam instead.
Re: How Can I Receive Money Sent To Me From The USA? by MaryJane24: 11:24am On Dec 25, 2020
I'll check it out.
Ogharaboy:
Use remitly and thank me later. A reference number will be sent to you, to pick up your cash from the bank stated.
Re: How Can I Receive Money Sent To Me From The USA? by MaryJane24: 11:28am On Dec 25, 2020
And when it's time to cash the bitcoin, I won't get it in foreign currency. I doubt this will even work these days.
Crimpsy:
Open a bitcoin wallet address and send to them.

Either open with LUNO or QUIDAX
Re: How Can I Receive Money Sent To Me From The USA? by Nobody: 8:15pm On Dec 25, 2020
MaryJane24:
And when it's time to cash the bitcoin, I won't get it in foreign currency. I doubt this will even work these days.
Yes, u won't get it in foreign currency
U sell the bitcoin and get your money
Re: How Can I Receive Money Sent To Me From The USA? by Melaninprincess(f): 9:14pm On Dec 25, 2020
via Dormiciliary account only

(1) (Reply)

I Need Quality, Female Fancy Slippers/sandals In Wholesale / 041 Cash App With Direct Deposit Only And Cash Card Is Available For Sale T / Honeywell RAMADAN Combo Gift Box 2021 (cheapest Yet Loaded,get Yours NOW)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.