Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,275 members, 7,836,236 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:04 AM

Christmas Eve Bank Blackout- Is There A Cash Crunch? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Christmas Eve Bank Blackout- Is There A Cash Crunch? (367 Views)

Cash Crunch Hits Ondo, Edo, Kwara, Delta, Plateau, Jigawa, Osun / How Are POS Operators Coping With The Current Cash Crunch? / Cash Crunch: Rural Dwellers Resort To Trade By Barter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christmas Eve Bank Blackout- Is There A Cash Crunch? by DZTech: 2:42am On Dec 25, 2020
Based on my own experience as well as reports from clients and other colleagues, there was a general blackout on banking services- ATM, USSD, POS and mobile app.

All banking platforms of several banks were inaccessible, or failed to complete transactions. it would be easy to offer a reasonable explanation of high volume/peak periods.

But I suspect banks r trying to stop money from leaving their vaults, due to a cash crunch.
The cash might be insufficient, or they fear it will stay in circulation (recall that all money agents now pay out dollars, rather than selling for naira).

It might also be due to the recession; or they fear the cash will stay in circulation, as more and more people spend more frequently- due to the high costs of goods and services.

As the holidays give way to normalcy, less and less people will be cash rich. Withdrawals will increase, along with loan defaults.

Unless govt injects more capital into the economy, banks will also find it hard to meet their loan repayments with their international lenders.

Where will the money come from?
Merry Christmas and a happy new year.
Re: Christmas Eve Bank Blackout- Is There A Cash Crunch? by JaneYave(f): 5:02am On Dec 25, 2020
It will be merry with or without money. To get your saved money becomes an issue. Banks behave very loyal when looking for customers but they get non- chalant as the customer base increases. This is very bad;No bank these days put customers first
Re: Christmas Eve Bank Blackout- Is There A Cash Crunch? by debaj10: 4:07pm On Dec 25, 2020
JaneYave:
It will be merry with or without money. To get your saved money becomes an issue. Banks behave very loyal when looking for customers but they get non- chalant as the customer base increases. This is very bad;No bank these days put customers first
if they're there to serve us, how have we demanded excellence from dem?
we need to stop dis mentality of blaming others, and sit up to our own responsibility.
Re: Christmas Eve Bank Blackout- Is There A Cash Crunch? by JaneYave(f): 5:39pm On Dec 25, 2020
debaj10:
if they're there to serve us, how have we demanded excellence from dem?
we need to stop dis mentality of blaming others, and sit up to our own responsibility.
please teach me how to demand excellence from my bank.
Re: Christmas Eve Bank Blackout- Is There A Cash Crunch? by DZTech: 3:10am On Dec 26, 2020
JaneYave:
lol
no b fight na.
customer advocacy groups is a good way to start.
Re: Christmas Eve Bank Blackout- Is There A Cash Crunch? by JaneYave(f): 3:12am On Dec 26, 2020
DZTech:
lol
no b fight na.
TThank you. I sincerely needed to know. No fight intended
Re: Christmas Eve Bank Blackout- Is There A Cash Crunch? by DZTech: 9:51am On Dec 26, 2020
JaneYave:
TThank you. I sincerely needed to know. No fight intended
it's d 1 thing we Nigerians refuse to do-
coming together to solve serious problems
Re: Christmas Eve Bank Blackout- Is There A Cash Crunch? by debaj10: 5:18am On Dec 30, 2020
JaneYave:
do u have d time to take action?
Re: Christmas Eve Bank Blackout- Is There A Cash Crunch? by JaneYave(f): 5:22am On Dec 30, 2020
debaj10:
do u have d time to take action?
Sure
Re: Christmas Eve Bank Blackout- Is There A Cash Crunch? by debaj10: 11:07am On Dec 30, 2020
JaneYave:
Sure

well, d quote below is d way-
1. discuss with those inur sphere of influence.
2. list specific problems and likely solutions.
3. strategize- determine simultaneous & alternative plans of action.
4. be ready for a protracted period of engagement.
- and LOTS of frustration from ALL involved parties.

so, still willing to do it?

DZTech:
lol
no b fight na.
Re: Christmas Eve Bank Blackout- Is There A Cash Crunch? by JaneYave(f): 11:20am On Dec 30, 2020
[quote author=debaj10 post=97551357]

well, d quote below is d way-
1. discuss with those inur sphere of influence.
2. list specific problems and likely solutions.
3. strategize- determine simultaneous & alternative plans of action.
4. be ready for a protracted period of engagement.
- and LOTS of frustration from ALL involved parties.

so, still willing to do it?

I am following, will pen it out n still consult you
Re: Christmas Eve Bank Blackout- Is There A Cash Crunch? by debaj10: 1:21pm On Dec 30, 2020
JaneYave:
ha! cheesy
lol, I don tok finish na.
abi d list no reach 4 u to start?! shocked
it's up to u to take d initiative.
hola if u have questions.
smiley

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Get A Good Inverter to run a small busin Center: Opinions/advice Needed / 5 Money Making Schemes That You Should Probably Avoid / Instagram Accounts For Sale!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.