Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,807 members, 7,956,063 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 11:21 PM

SEC Disowns MBA FOREX Investment, Calls It A Ponzi Scheme - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / SEC Disowns MBA FOREX Investment, Calls It A Ponzi Scheme (41456 Views)

Scam Alert:: E-commerce-ng.com Is A Ponzi.. Do Not Invest. Photo / Bernard Madoff: The Man Who Ran The World's Largest Ponzi Scheme Dies / Mba Forex Is Under Attack (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

SEC Disowns MBA FOREX Investment, Calls It A Ponzi Scheme by speakeroftruth: 7:09am On Dec 25, 2020
Dennis Naku, Port Harcourt

The fate of over three thousand investors of a trading company known as MBA Forex in Port Harcourt, Rivers State is hanging in the balance over alleged collapse of the firm.

Many investors decried the firm’s failure to fulfil its agreement of paying them their monthly dividends that depend on individual investment for October, November and December.

Our correspondent who visited the company’s imposing office located at Waterlines bus stop, Aba Road observed that the gate was closed, with no sign of activity going on there.

A lady who was the only person seen seated inside the company’s compound told our correspondent that the place had been closed since Monday.

When our reporter who disguised as an investor queried the delayed payment, she said, “Don’t worry you will be paid. If you paid online, your money will be in your wallet. Just be patient.”

Meanwhile, the company in a text messages to its investors obtained by our correspondent said the company had closed for the year.

The message reads, “MBA Trading: Dear Investor, We wish to inform you that our offices will be closed for Christmas holiday from the 21st of December 2020, and will begin operations for the New Year on the 5th of January, 2021.”

It was further gathered that one of the reasons for the delayed payment was because the operator had claimed he invested about 90 per cent of investors’ funds with a foreign partner where he retains 10 per cent shares but was waiting for the transactions to be streamlined.

Anxious investors who waited in vain after their accounts were not credited in the last two months stormed the firm’s premises to demand explanation but there was no one to attend to them as the gate had been closed.

One of the investors, Chibuike Amaike, who claimed to have paid in two separate packages said he was being owed for three months.

“They owe me for three months. I invested on 29th September. So I am supposed to collect on October 29, but they didn’t pay. They didn’t pay for November 29 and this December, though it is not yet 29, but there is no sign that they will pay. If you go there now their office is even locked.

“I called some of my friends who are investors too. They said the one that was due on the 4th of this month (December), till now they (the firm) have not paid.

“When you invest on November 4th, for example, you are supposed to collect on December 4th, though sometimes it delays for one or two days. I have two investment with them, N360, 000 in July and N360, 000 in September. Though the July own, they paid me August, September, October. That was when they stopped.

“But the second investment I did on 29th September, I have not collected a dime and if they don’t pay this 29th it will make three months,” he explained.

Asked if the company gave reasons for the delay in payment, he said, “Well, they told us on first week of November that due to a merger with WCB, a company in United Kingdom, taking over 90 per cent shares of the company.

“That they will not pay in November and that we should give them contract extension of one month. Everybody agreed. But they said from 1st of December they will start paying. They are supposed to have started payment from 6th December and people have been complaining because they are not paying.

“As it is now, my plan is that if they open on January 5, I will fill a form of termination. They should give me back my money. They even said if it is not up to the month you did the contract, like I did one six months and another one year. That if it is not up to that they will collect ten per cent. I don’t mind. They should take 10 per cent and give me back my money.”

Another customer who did not want her in print said, “They said we should be patient, that we will soon get our alert for three months. When I went to the place on Wednesday, the gate was closed and nobody to attend to us.

“I invested N360, 000 and I get alert of N60, 000 every month. But since September, I have not got a dime. I know people that invested one million and half a million. What are they going to do now?” a female investor lamented.

Efforts to reach the Chief Executive Officer of MBA Trading Capital Investment Limited, Mr. Maxwell Odum, proved abortive as his mobile phone was switched off.

When one customer said the man was not in the country, our correspondent sent a WhatsApp message to him but did not get any response at the time of filing this report.

When contacted, spokesman of the State Police command, Nnamdi Omoni, said, “Have they reported to the police?

‘We are not aware for now. If they have any issue, they should do a formal report to the command and we know what to do.”

Head of Corporate Communications at the Securities and Exchange Commission, Efe Ebelo, told our correspondent that MBA Forex was not registered with the regulatory agency.

She said SEC had in June disowned the company and warned the public against transacting any business with it.

The statement in June made available to our correspondent listed MBA Forex and 11 others as ponzi schemes.

Here are the ponzi schemes listed by the SEC.

Loom Nigeria Money
Box Value Trading Company Ltd
Now-Now Alert
Flip Cash Investment
Result Investment Nigeria Limited
Helping Hand and Investment
No Failure Development and Empowerment Nig. Ltd
MBA Forex and Investment Ltd
Federate Investors Trading Company
Jamalife Helpers Global Ltd
Flexus Global Solutions and Investment Ltd
United Capital Investment Company Limited

https://punchng.com/rivers-forex-investors-panic-over-operators-alleged-collapse/?amp=1

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: SEC Disowns MBA FOREX Investment, Calls It A Ponzi Scheme by Nobody: 8:03am On Dec 25, 2020
grin grin grin

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: SEC Disowns MBA FOREX Investment, Calls It A Ponzi Scheme by Jackson105: 8:03am On Dec 25, 2020
I just want to ask something, is that Maxwell the head of all forex traders in Nigeria or what? I know people that invested their money with some individual forex trader, in ibadan, Abuja etc some got their money back and some didn't.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: SEC Disowns MBA FOREX Investment, Calls It A Ponzi Scheme by Sermwell(m): 8:03am On Dec 25, 2020
Just be wise in this life! My target saving this year was at least #25m. By September I already saved #18m. One useless cousin of mine came to preach MBA forex to me, I just laughed. He pleaded with me to lend him #1m to invest in MBA forex which I did.
Now he's regreting. people sha!!

175 Likes 6 Shares

Re: SEC Disowns MBA FOREX Investment, Calls It A Ponzi Scheme by Oyiboman69: 8:03am On Dec 25, 2020
Na im good for dem...greedy people, their mumu just dey start...

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: SEC Disowns MBA FOREX Investment, Calls It A Ponzi Scheme by DenreleDave(m): 8:03am On Dec 25, 2020
Which one is MBA again?

Let's someone ask for my account number na.....

Merry Xmas to you all
Re: SEC Disowns MBA FOREX Investment, Calls It A Ponzi Scheme by obembet(f): 8:04am On Dec 25, 2020
Yeeeeeeeeeee owo gbo
Re: SEC Disowns MBA FOREX Investment, Calls It A Ponzi Scheme by fastseo: 8:04am On Dec 25, 2020
Those who owns MBA Forex have probably right now launched 6 different schemes under different name

MBA reloaded
MCC forex
LMN Bitcoin trading
MSC instant cash out.
BSC lending team. Etc

By March next year, Out of the 6, two will become popular and Nigerians will sign up to put in their hard earned money

143 Likes 5 Shares

Re: SEC Disowns MBA FOREX Investment, Calls It A Ponzi Scheme by money121(m): 8:04am On Dec 25, 2020
Ok
Re: SEC Disowns MBA FOREX Investment, Calls It A Ponzi Scheme by Nobody: 8:04am On Dec 25, 2020
Ok
Re: SEC Disowns MBA FOREX Investment, Calls It A Ponzi Scheme by Nobody: 8:04am On Dec 25, 2020
One chance .

2 Likes

Re: SEC Disowns MBA FOREX Investment, Calls It A Ponzi Scheme by Uniique(m): 8:05am On Dec 25, 2020
Ok
Re: SEC Disowns MBA FOREX Investment, Calls It A Ponzi Scheme by AltCtrlDel: 8:05am On Dec 25, 2020
Wahala

1 Like

Re: SEC Disowns MBA FOREX Investment, Calls It A Ponzi Scheme by govomotors: 8:06am On Dec 25, 2020
I said, I will not be party of any money doubling scheme, the investors always end up weeping.

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: SEC Disowns MBA FOREX Investment, Calls It A Ponzi Scheme by Nobody: 8:06am On Dec 25, 2020
Most Nigerians and ponzi schemes are so inseparable, and they still don't learn any lessons.

57 Likes 3 Shares

Re: SEC Disowns MBA FOREX Investment, Calls It A Ponzi Scheme by Zimri(m): 8:06am On Dec 25, 2020
What angers me is when they use the word 'invest'.

Invest what? grin

91 Likes 5 Shares

Re: SEC Disowns MBA FOREX Investment, Calls It A Ponzi Scheme by fearlessigboman(m): 8:06am On Dec 25, 2020
Lol..

Forex is not scam but alot of people that surround it are..
30% a month is possible but not consistently sustainable..

Nigerians always want a quick way out.. I can bet you alot of people knew they were scam but they will say "let me enter and chop my own before they crash"..

Oh well, there you have it... Sorry for those that didn't "chop their own"

140 Likes 5 Shares

Re: SEC Disowns MBA FOREX Investment, Calls It A Ponzi Scheme by Tab4kids(f): 8:07am On Dec 25, 2020
sad
Re: SEC Disowns MBA FOREX Investment, Calls It A Ponzi Scheme by Ajiswaggs(m): 8:07am On Dec 25, 2020
grin

2 Likes

Re: SEC Disowns MBA FOREX Investment, Calls It A Ponzi Scheme by wickyyolo: 8:07am On Dec 25, 2020
grin
Re: SEC Disowns MBA FOREX Investment, Calls It A Ponzi Scheme by AFULA(m): 8:07am On Dec 25, 2020
okay
Re: SEC Disowns MBA FOREX Investment, Calls It A Ponzi Scheme by samx4real(m): 8:07am On Dec 25, 2020
Lazy Nigerian youths...

If you advise them to leave quick money alone, they won't listen.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: SEC Disowns MBA FOREX Investment, Calls It A Ponzi Scheme by jericco1(m): 8:07am On Dec 25, 2020
Giving someone your money to invest for you in deadly.
A time will come and the person may not be able to meet up with your expectations.
And sadly, most online investment have been taken over by Ponzi schemes and fraudsters.

14 Likes

Re: SEC Disowns MBA FOREX Investment, Calls It A Ponzi Scheme by HolinessForever: 8:07am On Dec 25, 2020
I don’t mind. They should take 10 per cent and give me back my money.”

When you begin to Hear things like This, just know and Understand that you have entered another MMM

54 Likes 2 Shares

Re: SEC Disowns MBA FOREX Investment, Calls It A Ponzi Scheme by Bash92(m): 8:08am On Dec 25, 2020
May the gentle soul of there money rest in perfect peace. I hope everyone affected by this recover soon.

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: SEC Disowns MBA FOREX Investment, Calls It A Ponzi Scheme by Mutemenot(m): 8:08am On Dec 25, 2020
cheesy so all dis big men and women dey fall for cheap scam, people don't know there's no easy way to make money.

4 Likes

Re: SEC Disowns MBA FOREX Investment, Calls It A Ponzi Scheme by TOPCRUISE(m): 8:08am On Dec 25, 2020
If you want to be richer than dangote in this country just start a Ponzi scheme with empty promises. A lot of Nigerians will invest. If they have learnt their lesson the hard way they will still invest in it with the excuse that business is full of risk.
They will even go ahead and encourage innocent people and disabuse their minds to follow their every step

46 Likes 1 Share

Re: SEC Disowns MBA FOREX Investment, Calls It A Ponzi Scheme by captainamiedi1: 8:08am On Dec 25, 2020
Money don loss. Men don cash out. Masses don start to cry. I wonder why people still involve in money doubling scheme. As for me, I nor dey do

25 Likes

Re: SEC Disowns MBA FOREX Investment, Calls It A Ponzi Scheme by Pious101: 8:08am On Dec 25, 2020
E Don red
Re: SEC Disowns MBA FOREX Investment, Calls It A Ponzi Scheme by valboyz2010(m): 8:08am On Dec 25, 2020
Dem never still learn from MMM

2 Likes

Re: SEC Disowns MBA FOREX Investment, Calls It A Ponzi Scheme by SmartMen: 8:09am On Dec 25, 2020
Come next year, Nigerians will fall for it again.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Long Queues As Residents Rush For New Naira Notes In Kano (pics) / Obi Cubana To Give 20 Classmates N2 Million Each / “Nwa Boy”: Rising Dearth Of Apprenticeship In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.