Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,530 members, 7,819,909 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:22 AM

SEC Disowns MBA FOREX Investment, Calls It A Ponzi Scheme - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / SEC Disowns MBA FOREX Investment, Calls It A Ponzi Scheme (40986 Views)

Scam Alert:: E-commerce-ng.com Is A Ponzi.. Do Not Invest. Photo / Bernard Madoff: The Man Who Ran The World's Largest Ponzi Scheme Dies / Mba Forex Is Under Attack (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: SEC Disowns MBA FOREX Investment, Calls It A Ponzi Scheme by 400billionman: 10:33am On Dec 25, 2020
afroxyz:

So the big banks and financial institutions that trade in forex and have established currency desks are betting with people's money and regulators have not clamped down on them?. You dont know what you are saying. Go and read books lest you would be exposing your unclothedness in a public space

For adding that bolded you lack basic knowledge. What has unclothedness got to do with knowledge ?

Forget what the banks are doing.

The structure of their own trade is different. They have regulators in CBN. Their own is to receive and send money for customers. They operate a different platform. No sharp practices.

I have studied football betting to 90% in a spectrum of 100. It is pure skill and zero luck.

Luck only shows up in football when you pick 20 or 30 games randomly without any analysis and stake on it and win. Raffle draw style. Lucky dip method.

Which happens like one out of one million times.

1 Like

Re: SEC Disowns MBA FOREX Investment, Calls It A Ponzi Scheme by Donfx(m): 10:34am On Dec 25, 2020
dimeji1:

I believe you predict outcome in both and you invest your money with hope that your prediction will come true.
So both are betting games. I invested in forex in 2007 and I know it is all about prediction of where the graph may go(either up or down)
haha forex is deeper than that sir.To be able to predict forex is requires acquired skilled.
Betting is just luck nothing is guarranted
Re: SEC Disowns MBA FOREX Investment, Calls It A Ponzi Scheme by Nobody: 10:36am On Dec 25, 2020
Greedy Illiterates always investing in scams and going after palliatives as an alternative grin

1 Like

Re: SEC Disowns MBA FOREX Investment, Calls It A Ponzi Scheme by Donfx(m): 10:37am On Dec 25, 2020
xscoffy:
u de mind them Forex traders got such a sweet mouth to lure u in, give him money to trade for u or ask u to teach u how he makes his profit, it will still end in tears
the real successful traders in forex don't ask for money to trade for u They don't have that time at all.you beg them for it.They don't solicit for it.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: SEC Disowns MBA FOREX Investment, Calls It A Ponzi Scheme by Geovanni412(m): 10:38am On Dec 25, 2020
afroxyz:

Oga betting and forex are not the same. One deals purely on speculation, the other deals on forecast based on macroeconomic trends. The problem is like most peoppe like you are not patienct to learn the rudiments and dont have the psychology of an investor. They want to cash out immediately. Others get fruatrated after a short while and say its gambling. When they say watch channels like Bloomberg, CNBC and follow Yahoo Finance, you would be watching BB Naija and Soundcity. Now look at how you are exposing your ignorance.

Take am easy on the bros na grin grin
Re: SEC Disowns MBA FOREX Investment, Calls It A Ponzi Scheme by Donfx(m): 10:40am On Dec 25, 2020
angelfallz:

There are people who stay at home and become rich through the right investments
sure
Re: SEC Disowns MBA FOREX Investment, Calls It A Ponzi Scheme by Jen96: 10:40am On Dec 25, 2020
Sermwell:
Just be wise in this life! My target saving this year was at least #25m. By September I already saved #18m. One useless cousin of mine came to preach MBA forex to me, I just laughed. He pleaded with me to lend him #1m to invest in MBA forex which I did.
Now he's regreting. people sha!!
pls what work do u do? Can u show someone the way?
Re: SEC Disowns MBA FOREX Investment, Calls It A Ponzi Scheme by Geovanni412(m): 10:44am On Dec 25, 2020
Mrpojj:

Even if you make 18 percent of clients money, give them 15 and keep 3 Percent you have made money for your service
I am not doubting that there are fraudulent people who may not know what forex is all about
What am saying is that it seems there is a grand plot to discredit every single forex company out there

Why would anyone want to be that wicked to themselves na? If I sure die say I fit make 18 percent every month, walahi, na 2-3 percent I go dey give d client per month max. grin

1 Like

Re: SEC Disowns MBA FOREX Investment, Calls It A Ponzi Scheme by afroxyz: 10:45am On Dec 25, 2020
400billionman:

For adding that bolded you lack basic knowledge. What has unclothedness got to do with knowledge ?

Forget what the banks are doing.

The structure of their own trade is different. They have regulators in CBN. Their own is to receive and send money for customers. They operate a different platform. No sharp practices.

I have studied football betting to 90% in a spectrum of 100. It is pure skill and zero luck.

Luck only shows up in football when you pick 20 or 30 games randomly without any analysis and stake on it and win. Raffle draw style. Lucky dip method.

Which happens like one out of one million times.

Sorry about the last part. Well i would like to take you up on the skill aspect. What yiu are implying is that yiu have steady returns on your bets right? So im curious, what metrics or stats do you use to determine which team wins? What leagues do you place your bets? Because if nobody knows the outcome of a football match, how come u say its a skill set? When a skill set implies consistent returns. This is why there are match fixers because they cant determine the outcome of the game.
Re: SEC Disowns MBA FOREX Investment, Calls It A Ponzi Scheme by Donfx(m): 10:45am On Dec 25, 2020
angelfallz:

It's not everyone that has the time to trade or learn. The thing is people should invest with regulated companies, like United Capital PLC group
I support u on that not everyone has the time to trade.
Forex is best done when you are doing it yourself simple.

1 Like

Re: SEC Disowns MBA FOREX Investment, Calls It A Ponzi Scheme by Princewill1(m): 10:48am On Dec 25, 2020
Donfx:

There are differences in all.they are not the same.there are no business you will engage that you won't risk money to get money.Absolute known.
While it seems forex is different from them is that forex is highly skilled oriented and very volatile.
It takes a lot to acquire the skill.yes
Forex is no where different from them.

Does Forex involves speculation? Yes!
All businesses I listed also involves speculation.

SPECULATION is nothing but PREDICTION just like bet9ja.

4 Likes

Re: SEC Disowns MBA FOREX Investment, Calls It A Ponzi Scheme by Donfx(m): 10:50am On Dec 25, 2020
angelfallz:

Wow you're right, that's wise of you. But you might want to maximise your gains. With a loan maybe your take home could b, 50k, but with people's money you're take home could be 5million.
Well said .that's why I always tell ppl successful traders don't need your money.
If you are good take a loan and pay back with your profits

1 Like 1 Share

Re: SEC Disowns MBA FOREX Investment, Calls It A Ponzi Scheme by Donfx(m): 10:51am On Dec 25, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

And Dangote did not go into this line of business, banks don't even make 40% from their forex Investments. Forex trading contributes about 15% of the total revenue of most banks.
are u sure of this facts
Re: SEC Disowns MBA FOREX Investment, Calls It A Ponzi Scheme by Donfx(m): 10:53am On Dec 25, 2020
Mrpojj:

You think dangote is not into forex?
he is into forex.he has professional traders working for them.

1 Like

Re: SEC Disowns MBA FOREX Investment, Calls It A Ponzi Scheme by Nobody: 10:58am On Dec 25, 2020
Forex is not a scam, but I will never hand over my cash to anyone doing Forex , because Forex is volatile I'd rather lose the money myself learning Forex. Who the hell puts 30m in Forex.

2 Likes

Re: SEC Disowns MBA FOREX Investment, Calls It A Ponzi Scheme by Poloyanabo2(m): 11:03am On Dec 25, 2020

1 Like

Re: SEC Disowns MBA FOREX Investment, Calls It A Ponzi Scheme by Juliearth(f): 11:04am On Dec 25, 2020
Sermwell:

I have actually resolved in my mind to let it go if he's unable to refund( he definitely won't be able to) But he will never come close to me with money matter again. My aunt(his mother) called me in panic yesterday asking me what's next, thinking the money will cause wahala between us!...... just imagine what his actions is making my aunt go through

Eya!!! Inasmuch as he goofed, I feel very bad for him too. Its a good thing that you want to pardon him (God bless your heart) but please dont stop at that... You can groom him into being financially independent without towing the path of ponzi.

2 Likes

Re: SEC Disowns MBA FOREX Investment, Calls It A Ponzi Scheme by Eirikan(m): 11:05am On Dec 25, 2020
Stop wasting your money on scam investment instead create your own binary.com account and verify your account deposit just 50 or 100$ and be making 200$ profit daily if you don't know how to trade you can send your mt5 logins a professional will trade the account and profit will be shared take note only you can withdraw and send the 50% profit share the person trading your mt5 for you can't make withdrawal and I can also teach you how to trade on your own without depending on anyone at least 100$ profit is sure daily if you follow the strategy

Re: SEC Disowns MBA FOREX Investment, Calls It A Ponzi Scheme by Eirikan(m): 11:09am On Dec 25, 2020
Eirikan:
Stop wasting your money on scam investment instead create your own binary.com account and verify your account deposit just 50 or 100$ and be making 200$ profit daily if you don't know how to trade you can send your mt5 logins a professional will trade the account and profit will be shared take note only you can withdraw and send the 50% profit share the person trading your mt5 for you can't make withdrawal and I can also teach you how to trade on your own without depending on anyone at least 100$ profit is sure daily if you follow the strategy

You can make a living from trading deriv.com if you avoid greed and follow the instructions
Re: SEC Disowns MBA FOREX Investment, Calls It A Ponzi Scheme by Eirikan(m): 11:14am On Dec 25, 2020
Don't give anyone you money to invest for you instead get your own account and grow the money daily I'm a full time trader and can teach you how to trade binary.com without loss
Re: SEC Disowns MBA FOREX Investment, Calls It A Ponzi Scheme by Eirikan(m): 11:17am On Dec 25, 2020
@TradevithSadi

copy this is username and paste it on your telegram to contact me
Re: SEC Disowns MBA FOREX Investment, Calls It A Ponzi Scheme by Dliquidmetal(m): 11:19am On Dec 25, 2020
[quote author=Donfx post=97410916][/quote]thanks man,I take thing serious than my studies in school cause the financial security I envision with this career cant be given to me by being a government employee. And also forex is like 80% psychology(mainly mastering the control of our stubborn emotions)
Re: SEC Disowns MBA FOREX Investment, Calls It A Ponzi Scheme by hartson(m): 11:20am On Dec 25, 2020
utenwuson:
It's a risk raker..... People have made millions from it....
Is a risk not to take a risk.
Re: SEC Disowns MBA FOREX Investment, Calls It A Ponzi Scheme by releastaso(m): 11:21am On Dec 25, 2020
Sermwell:
Just be wise in this life! My target saving this year was at least #25m. By September I already saved #18m. One useless cousin of mine came to preach MBA forex to me, I just laughed. He pleaded with me to lend him #1m to invest in MBA forex which I did.
Now he's regreting. people sha!!

Abeg which work you dey do? Show men way na
Re: SEC Disowns MBA FOREX Investment, Calls It A Ponzi Scheme by Cardinalpoint: 11:25am On Dec 25, 2020
grin grin grin grin grin

Nigerians don't learn, always looking for Get rich quick schemes.
Re: SEC Disowns MBA FOREX Investment, Calls It A Ponzi Scheme by Chirowman(m): 11:28am On Dec 25, 2020
Their money has entered one chance ,they never learn from MMM
Re: SEC Disowns MBA FOREX Investment, Calls It A Ponzi Scheme by emmanuelewumi(m): 11:33am On Dec 25, 2020
Donfx:
are u sure of this facts

15% is an exaggeration, that happens once in a blue moon usually during periods of currency devaluation.
Re: SEC Disowns MBA FOREX Investment, Calls It A Ponzi Scheme by adaora17901: 11:49am On Dec 25, 2020
Nigerians don't learn, always looking for Get rich quick schemes.
Re: SEC Disowns MBA FOREX Investment, Calls It A Ponzi Scheme by Witchersunited: 11:52am On Dec 25, 2020
Society needs fools like this to trigger stricter regulations and for comic relief, I can't feel sorry for people like this.
Re: SEC Disowns MBA FOREX Investment, Calls It A Ponzi Scheme by Phraences: 12:13pm On Dec 25, 2020
brightk:
This same punch published a story concerning the ceo of mba forex.[url]
https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/nigerias-forex-market-largely-untapped-mba-boss/%3famp=1
[/url]

Lol! It's their job to publish your successes and your failures. I remember when i was considering investing in MBA.

I read all the news articles about it. Maxwell was just using them to blow his own horn. Claiming the forex market was untapped, inviting SEC to regulate it bla bla bla.

He is such a superstar of forex and yet the only investment forum we see him in is the one he organizes himself. That was a red flag for me. Plus no where was his life story mentioned. Where he went to school, how he started forex etc. Just forex is bae, forex is this and that.

The guy is a brilliant scammer. He was always calling on SEC to regulate the industry as if his business would survive if they regulated it. But it gave the investors a measure of confidence. Brilliant Scammer.

5 Likes

Re: SEC Disowns MBA FOREX Investment, Calls It A Ponzi Scheme by Phraences: 12:19pm On Dec 25, 2020
I collated the below points in July. They were made by supporters on the MBA forum:

Where are all of them now o??! In this life, it is good for one to have sense. They were drawing in others with their frequent posting of alerts. Crazy ass mofos. One so called Pastor was always praying daily for MBA and against its enemies.

MBA Fundamental Analysis: grin

They trade forex.
It is possible to make 50% every month in forex as a advanced trader.
It is possible to make 100% every month as an advanced trader with a robot.
They have never defaulted in payment.
There is a legally binding MOU.
They have branches all over Nigeria and in Dubai.
They have been certified by CBN and EFCC.
They have insurance with Sovereign Trust.
They have gotten a nod of approval from Transperancy and anti-corruption unit, Aso rock.
Bankers and officials of SEC, EFCC, CBN and Senate also invest in MBA Forex.

Also and more important is the following:

Their employees fast and pay tithe.
Maxwell Odum is called to do this work.
Maxwell Odum is a Pastor at Christ Embassy and Pastor Chris recognized him and gave him an award in the church.
God established MBA to bring Nigerians out of poverty. (Remember MMM)

1 Like

Re: SEC Disowns MBA FOREX Investment, Calls It A Ponzi Scheme by loko50(m): 12:23pm On Dec 25, 2020
I will rather play 2 odds on sportybet

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nana Otedola 49th Birthday: Femi Otedola Celebrates His Wife (Photos) / FCMB Wants To Open A Branch for Their Customers In Heaven / CBN Lists 5 Forms Of Naira Abuse: Money Bouquet, Spraying, Selling, Squeezing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.