Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,912 members, 7,821,182 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:23 AM

Why Was Jesus Born? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Was Jesus Born? (169 Views)

When Was Jesus Truly Born? / Was Jesus Born On December 25? / The History Of Christmas | Was Jesus Born On 25th December? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Was Jesus Born? by jesusjnr2020(m): 7:30am On Dec 25, 2020
Why Was Jesus Born?

It's often said that when purpose is unknown, abuse is inevitable.

Hence the need for those celebrating the birth of Christ to know the purpose of His birth, because that purpose is what gives His birth any significance it has.

Hence the question, "why was Jesus born"?

I don't think there's anyone in a better position to give the answer to this question than Jesus Himself. And this was what He had to say about that:

John 3:16-17 (KJV)

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

So the purpose of Jesus's birth was so that the world would not perish but that through Him they might be saved.

That's why God gave and sent Jesus His only begotten Son to the World because He so loved the world, and didn't want them to perish because of their sins.

However despite that God has given Jesus to the world because of the love He had for the world to save them from the condemnation of sin, many are yet perishing.

Hence it's important as much as we love to celebrate His birth, that we don't lose sight of the purpose of His birth, which was to die for the world's sin so that they who would not perish but have eternal life, so the purpose of His birth would not be defeated in our lives.

God bless
Re: Why Was Jesus Born? by youngest85(m): 7:31am On Dec 25, 2020
Because mary had sex
Re: Why Was Jesus Born? by jesusjnr2020(m): 7:33am On Dec 25, 2020
youngest85:
Because mary had sex
F9!
Re: Why Was Jesus Born? by Burstscam: 7:34am On Dec 25, 2020
Well the answer is much deeper than what you wrote up there. I could have given you a succinct answer, but I'm hungry. Why should anyone tell me happy Christmas while I don't have breakfast?
Re: Why Was Jesus Born? by Righteousness2(m): 8:16am On Dec 25, 2020
For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost

JESUS came that we might have life, and that we might have it more abundantly.

1 Like

Re: Why Was Jesus Born? by tobechi74: 10:59am On Dec 25, 2020
The same reason aMubarak Bala was born.
To question the teaching of his people
But both were arrested
Re: Why Was Jesus Born? by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:09am On Dec 27, 2020
tobechi74:
The same reason aMubarak Bala was born.
To question the teaching of his people
But both were arrested
So the "chi" you're "tobeying" is not Jesus but someone else?

1 Like

Re: Why Was Jesus Born? by AntiChristian: 8:41am On Dec 27, 2020
He was born only to save the people of Israel just as Noah and Moses saved their people!

(1) (Reply)

This Will Happen When Jesus Appears Physically / The King Is Coming – The King Is Here! / Before You Go Out Today, Declare These Prayer Points For Divine Help And Restora

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.