Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,540 members, 7,827,015 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:25 AM

Unhappy And Want To Fast For A Change - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Unhappy And Want To Fast For A Change (150 Views)

Naira Appreciation: Apostle Johnson Suleman Blasts Nigerians That Are Unhappy / This Is How To Fast And Have Serious Breakthroughs / "Buhari’s Ministers Are Unhappy" - Bishop Kukah (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Unhappy And Want To Fast For A Change by Nobody: 10:03am On Dec 25, 2020
Today is Christmas day and I'm so unhappy about certain things in my life. There are sins I have to give up, my conscience has been pricking me really bad. It is just by God's mercy that I am alive.

I want to be a sinless Christian and always do the will of God. Food is all around me but I don't feel like eating, I'm led to do a long fast.

I just feel very bad right now.

2 Likes

Re: Unhappy And Want To Fast For A Change by jesusjnr2020(m): 10:12am On Dec 25, 2020
You're in the Spirit bro.

Prayer and fasting would help you get where you desire to be.

I would also begin fasting before the end of the year because my time for prayer and fasting has come.

God bless.
Re: Unhappy And Want To Fast For A Change by Justmeal: 10:27am On Dec 25, 2020
SaveMeLord:
Today is Christmas day and I'm so unhappy about certain things in my life. There are sins I have to give up, my conscience has been pricking me really bad. It is just by God's mercy that I am alive.

I want to be a sinless Christian and always do the will of God. Food is all around me but I don't feel like eating, I'm led to do a long fast.

Oh my! It's a priceless thing that your conscience is still alive. The Holy Spirit convicts you. The Father is drawing you. Obviously, He needs you. Not everyone has got such hunger.

In that meekness of the soul, seek God. Launch out into the deep(prayers, study the Word and worship), and humble yourself before the Lord as He works in and through you.

"Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing, and I WILL RECEIVE YOU, and will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty". (2 Corinthians 6:7, cool

My prayer for you is that God fills you with His Spirit so you will be able to live the Christian life as He desires and that He grants you strength in the innerman so that you'll be able to know the Love of our Saviour that passes all understanding so that you'll be filled with the fullness of God.
God bless you, sir.

1 Like

Re: Unhappy And Want To Fast For A Change by Twelfthman: 10:50am On Dec 25, 2020
I'm looking to go on 3 days fasting. God help me. You should too
Re: Unhappy And Want To Fast For A Change by Kobojunkie: 12:12am On Dec 26, 2020
SaveMeLord:

According to Jesus Christ, the only way to overcome sin is to obey His Commandments instead. Beginning this Xmas, you can go out and share your food with those who do not have. Help your neighbor or that old woman with that chore or errand... Show love to your enemies instead of the typical contempt, stand up for the downtrodden etc.

As for fasting, Isaiah 58 details the kind of fasting God wants instead of the general idea of fasting that is present across today's religions. If you look closely, even there in Isaiah 58, God calls you to instead step out and show love to your neighbours(enemies not excluded) instead of punishing your body.

(1) (Reply)

Jesus Did Not Want To Be King In This World When Prophesy Said He Should / How To Prevail In The Battles Of Life / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 02/01/2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.