Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,180 members, 7,811,452 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:53 AM

John Mayaki Apologises Over Fake Report That INEC Official Collected Bribe - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / John Mayaki Apologises Over Fake Report That INEC Official Collected Bribe (12729 Views)

Court Ruled In January That INEC Can Use Any Method For Results Transmission / Ekweremadu: Nnamdi Kanu Collected Bribe Against Igbo Presidency – Adeyanju / Ekiti Election: PDP Nwc Gets Hard Facts, Reconfirms That INEC Doctored Results (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

John Mayaki Apologises Over Fake Report That INEC Official Collected Bribe by dre11(m): 6:55pm On Dec 25, 2020
The APC spokesperson in his Christmas Day release says the story he instigated was “fatally wrong and unable to pass credibility check."

A spokesperson for the All Progressives Congress (APC) campaign in the Edo 2020 governorship election has apologised to an election official whom he accused of receiving bribe from Governor Godwin Obaseki during the election.

Three months after the election which was won by Mr Obaseki of the Peoples Democratic Party, the spokesperson, John Mayaki, has come out to describe as fake the claim he made in a press release that Mike Igini, the INEC resident electoral commissioner in Akwa Ibom State, held a secret meeting with Governor Obaseki and that Mr Igini left the Edo Government House “with sacks of money”.

Some newspapers, including The Sun, Vanguard, and Nigeria Tribune ran a story from Mr Mayaki’s release, even though Mr Igini was not part of the election and never visited the Edo Government House during the election.

Mr Igini, at a press conference he called in October to react to the allegation, said he and his two other colleagues stopped over at Protea Hotel, Benin City, on August 24 for refreshments before they moved on to attend a burial in Delta State.

The INEC official filed a N10 billion libel suit against David Imuse, a factional chairperson of APC in Edo and Mr Mayaki.

He also filed a separate suit demanding N5 billion as damages from Messrs Imuse and Mayaki

Mr Mayaki in his Christmas Day release said the story on Mr Igini was[b] “fatally wrong and unable to pass credibility check”. “This is an embarrassment even to my humble self,”[/b] he said.

Mr Mayaki said he “unfortunately” allowed his political interest, and not his judgement as a professional journalist, to guide him on the information about Mr Igini which he said he got from a “source”.

“I have taken time to scrutinise and review my source, the story itself and also listened to the testimony of other credible persons on this statement and the impeccable character of Mr. Mike Igini and have come to the conclusion and admission that something went wrong – my investigation and findings have now revealed that the story was not only untrue but unable to pass integrity and credibility checks.

“This source did not only mislead me to mislead the people but also to impugn on the reputation of Mr. Mike Igini and for which I am deeply embarrassed – I apologise.

“I tender my profound apology to Mr. Mike Igini, the Governor of Edo state, Mr Godwin Obaseki, Mr. Anselm Ojezua – whose names appeared in that statement and on whom the story touches directly. By extension, I apologise to the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) for the inconveniences or embarrassment this statement has occasioned them as I hold Mr. Mike Igini in the highest esteem,” Mr Mayaki said.

“I will learn from these embarrassing moments and am determined to win back the confidence of my readers by putting in more hard work in whatever assignment under my supervision,” he added.

PREMIUM TIMES could not immediately reach Mr Igini for his comment.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/433144-apc-spokesperson-apologises-over-fake-report-that-inec-official-collected-bribe.html

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: John Mayaki Apologises Over Fake Report That INEC Official Collected Bribe by Racoon(m): 7:01pm On Dec 25, 2020
Chronic incurable lying gene is richly engrained in their DNA.From the presidency, ministers, media aides and their mummified zombies, it is inherent in them all.Meanwhile, the legendary liar will not fine Garba Shehu and this otondo the mandatory #5M fine for fake news.

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: John Mayaki Apologises Over Fake Report That INEC Official Collected Bribe by Ugaboy: 8:47pm On Dec 25, 2020
So he came to us another lie again....

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: John Mayaki Apologises Over Fake Report That INEC Official Collected Bribe by Mutemenot(m): 8:48pm On Dec 25, 2020
cheesy
Re: John Mayaki Apologises Over Fake Report That INEC Official Collected Bribe by HenryThegreat1(m): 8:48pm On Dec 25, 2020
Hmm
Re: John Mayaki Apologises Over Fake Report That INEC Official Collected Bribe by sosanova: 8:48pm On Dec 25, 2020
grin grin grin
Fear APC members, they have dementia like their recession infecting messiah Buhari

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: John Mayaki Apologises Over Fake Report That INEC Official Collected Bribe by olaiya2007(m): 8:49pm On Dec 25, 2020
The way people lie easily with no remorse or guilty conscience still baffles me

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: John Mayaki Apologises Over Fake Report That INEC Official Collected Bribe by dahnimoh(m): 8:49pm On Dec 25, 2020
HE should be made to pay fine for fake news. Apology is not enough

BUT come to think of it how many issues will they apologize for

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: John Mayaki Apologises Over Fake Report That INEC Official Collected Bribe by EyezofGod120: 8:50pm On Dec 25, 2020
grin APC no get sense,, 2023 go shock them

10 Likes

Re: John Mayaki Apologises Over Fake Report That INEC Official Collected Bribe by Houseofglam7(f): 8:50pm On Dec 25, 2020
undecided
Re: John Mayaki Apologises Over Fake Report That INEC Official Collected Bribe by Lastmankc(m): 8:51pm On Dec 25, 2020
We know before, you guys are full of lies and deceit. You can only fool your zombies here on Nairaland and not we .

14 Likes

Re: John Mayaki Apologises Over Fake Report That INEC Official Collected Bribe by coolcharm(m): 8:51pm On Dec 25, 2020
An apology is not enough. I hope he has 10 + 5 billion naira in his account sha

8 Likes

Re: John Mayaki Apologises Over Fake Report That INEC Official Collected Bribe by Nobody: 8:52pm On Dec 25, 2020
The stupidity of apc and pdp supporters is indeed encouraging...

1 Like

Re: John Mayaki Apologises Over Fake Report That INEC Official Collected Bribe by Macphenson: 8:53pm On Dec 25, 2020
APC is just a congregation of pathological, hypocritical , pathetic, consistent and shameless liars.
From the presidency down to the least person.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: John Mayaki Apologises Over Fake Report That INEC Official Collected Bribe by WelcomeToBiafra: 8:55pm On Dec 25, 2020
Fulani terrorist government forces has threatened or deceiving this another Eastern efulefus....

Keep up with damage control �

3 Likes

Re: John Mayaki Apologises Over Fake Report That INEC Official Collected Bribe by ERockson: 8:55pm On Dec 25, 2020
Idiott

3 Likes

Re: John Mayaki Apologises Over Fake Report That INEC Official Collected Bribe by oluwaSavage: 8:56pm On Dec 25, 2020
These people ehn.

Nairaland Zombies, wetin una wan say to una junior lying machine?

These APC people will rush to tag other people's info as fake news but they are the real perpetrators of fake news.

Bunch of greedy pathological liars.

9 Likes

Re: John Mayaki Apologises Over Fake Report That INEC Official Collected Bribe by AuwalYusuf812(m): 8:57pm On Dec 25, 2020
Fear APC, dey are like snakes. Nigerians are regretting

7 Likes

Re: John Mayaki Apologises Over Fake Report That INEC Official Collected Bribe by FroshBilly: 8:58pm On Dec 25, 2020
Really?

Re: John Mayaki Apologises Over Fake Report That INEC Official Collected Bribe by bayelsaowei(m): 8:58pm On Dec 25, 2020
When ever our govt denies anything just know it is 100 percent truth

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: John Mayaki Apologises Over Fake Report That INEC Official Collected Bribe by p2flexx(m): 8:58pm On Dec 25, 2020
Wahala for who dey read your trumperies before...
Re: John Mayaki Apologises Over Fake Report That INEC Official Collected Bribe by guru90: 8:59pm On Dec 25, 2020
I swear ... 9ja politicians news don tire me for life.....
Re: John Mayaki Apologises Over Fake Report That INEC Official Collected Bribe by Lamasta(m): 9:00pm On Dec 25, 2020
This one na liar personified

1 Like

Re: John Mayaki Apologises Over Fake Report That INEC Official Collected Bribe by adonni: 9:01pm On Dec 25, 2020
He also filed a separate suit demanding N5 billion as damages from
Messrs Imuse and Mayaki
Re: John Mayaki Apologises Over Fake Report That INEC Official Collected Bribe by Nobody: 9:02pm On Dec 25, 2020
MOST PROBLEM NIGERIA EVER HAVE IS THIS APC OF A THING MEANWHILE WHEN PDP STARTED THEIR CROSS CARPETING YEARS AGO WE KEEP ON LOOK SEE TODAY.
Re: John Mayaki Apologises Over Fake Report That INEC Official Collected Bribe by jaxxy(m): 9:02pm On Dec 25, 2020
Not even surprised
Re: John Mayaki Apologises Over Fake Report That INEC Official Collected Bribe by AyoConduit: 9:04pm On Dec 25, 2020
After possible threat

Re: John Mayaki Apologises Over Fake Report That INEC Official Collected Bribe by RichDad1(m): 9:06pm On Dec 25, 2020
Hmmm
Re: John Mayaki Apologises Over Fake Report That INEC Official Collected Bribe by bolaayenimo: 9:07pm On Dec 25, 2020
Let's accept his apology like Garba Shehu
Re: John Mayaki Apologises Over Fake Report That INEC Official Collected Bribe by goldmatrix(m): 9:08pm On Dec 25, 2020
"The INEC official filed a N10 billion libel suit against David Imuse, a factional chairperson of APC in Edo and Mr Mayaki.

He also filed a separate suit demanding N5 billion as damage"

My bro with these two amount confronting you, the devil would even advice you to opt for house to house apology to all Edo people. Even Liar Mohammed and Garba Shehu lies weight less...

3 Likes

Re: John Mayaki Apologises Over Fake Report That INEC Official Collected Bribe by flourish01(m): 9:10pm On Dec 25, 2020
grin
Re: John Mayaki Apologises Over Fake Report That INEC Official Collected Bribe by iampeterben(m): 9:23pm On Dec 25, 2020
Not accepted!

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

IPOB Does Not Speak For Igbos – Ohanaeze Replies Northern Groups / Fayose Visits Venue Of Buhari's So-called London Interview [photos] / Without Buhari, Nigeria Would Have Packed Up By Now — Segun Oni

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.