Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,466 members, 7,954,823 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 10:15 AM

My Nysc Camp Experience At Mani In Katsina State. - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / My Nysc Camp Experience At Mani In Katsina State. (1325 Views)

My NYSC Camp Experience In Akwa Ibom State! / Katsina Corpers Dancing At NYSC Mani Camp 2018 (Photos) / "My NYSC Camp Experience" – Owolabi Ajasa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Nysc Camp Experience At Mani In Katsina State. by fail: 7:12am On Dec 26, 2020
Okay....., I have been seeing thread lately about people nysc experience at different camps, so I decided to pen down my own experience in my little way...
Rewind to November 2020 after missing out from the first batch, was anxious to resume can't wait for all those sides talk to end about why I haven't been mobilized. In short, I was tired of explaining countless time to people why I haven't obeyed the clarion call. So after all the lobbing and begging to be posted to Abuja, when I saw my call up letter, it read KATSINA. You could have seen the priceless shock on my face like WTF. Why in Zeus name would they send me up north after schooling 5 years in the north.
Wrapping up the ninetieth minute brought a with rubber shoe, some socks, shirt and shorts.
Fast forward to on the 3rd of December, 2020. When I was supposed to resume did I mention I just went to a government hospital and paid the sum of N1000 only and my certificate of medical fitness was ready? God, I just love Nigerians.
Got to Zuba park and entered a bus straight to Katsina, after pricing we agreed on N3000 luckily for me I meet a PCM who was also en route to the same camp as mine named Chigozie which latter became NHCIF President. So after the stress and moving from one bus to another we finally arrive at the "Home of Hospitality" around 6 pm.
So, when we got to the first camp gate, the security men checked our Call-Up latter cos they have been mixed up by most PCM by going to the wrong camp. After that, we moved the second gate and was asked if we had any contraband item with us. We simply said no and that's all. Then those corps members administering the covid-19 test where not around, then we moved straight to the registration hall, then I meet most of my school mate mehn we were damn much in Katsina camp that I couldn't believe my eyes. Quickly he told us to book a hostel space before continuing the registration sharply after getting a nice place I moved back and we where told that we have to be cleared from the dreaded blah blah blah virus before continuing the registration that the NYSC scheme wants to make sure........ We all know where this story goes.
So, my first shocker in the camp came at the Mami market where I intended in getting something to eat before I sleep. The food served was just pepper garnished with rice immediately I said this chef must be a Yoruba person and my guess wasn't far fetched. After the food, I didn't know that they were dishing out yam and sauce while I was busy battling with Yoruba pepper. Got to my bunk and lay down to get some sleep. Immediately after 4 am we heard to bilge some PCM were already dressed in their white and white for my mind I say na this kind people dey put person for trouble ooooo. Do they still carry Dem over sabi attitude enter camp? Nothing wey person no go see for Katsina state.
Then the soldiers arrived, a soldier named "Olaitan" usually say this phrase which every corp member now made their daily song "I swear to God" if I meet u there, your white will turn to brown.
After rushing down to the pavilion I got to knew we were called out for our early morning meditation. I still dressed in my house wears were told to stay one side, to me it was a huge sign of relief cos we were told to continue our registration after the early morning meditation so no parade for us yippee

2 Likes

Re: My Nysc Camp Experience At Mani In Katsina State. by Nobody: 8:13am On Dec 26, 2020
Hi, thanks for sharing your experience.
Re: My Nysc Camp Experience At Mani In Katsina State. by TissuePaper: 8:34am On Dec 26, 2020
Keep going
Re: My Nysc Camp Experience At Mani In Katsina State. by fail: 9:08am On Dec 26, 2020
So, the camp director, introduces himself as Alex, so he taught us how to recite the NYSC anthem. The funniest thing was that he was reading it from a piece of paper. The anthem goes like this:
Youth Obey the Clarion call
Let us lift our nation high
Under the sun or in the rain
With dedication and selflessness
Nigeria is ours, Nigeria we serve.

We then moved to the gate for the covid-19 screening, see as guys dey cry... The experience is not a funny thing I swear. The RDT test where something like a stick is been inserted into your nose till passes through your eye socket and reaches your brain after it will be twisted to scoop some droplet and remove through your nostril. By default, your eyes go automatically turn red. So when it got to my turn, I meet my polytechnic friend who I didn't remember anymore (got this issue of remembering people faces). The corp member administering the test I greeted her like my life depend on her, how was her night, hope she slept well, that did she ate a good meal? All this greeting didn't stop her from making my eyes turn red oooo. Waiting patiently for the corp member to call out my test result negative. After waiting tirelessly for 2hrs+ with some of my colleagues saying I have been tested positive the corp member called my name to get my result that it was negative. Finally, a huge sign of relief.
Headed straight to the registration centre to continue my registration submitted my school document and other documents like school ID card, green card, Call-Up letter. Registration went smoothly and was given a form to fill to open a bank account and I was assigned to platoon one. Chai.....
Went to my platoon officer to get my NYSC kits and submitted some documents.
When it was 4 pm we were called for the parade again chai getting worn out already from all this stress. Man pikin no like wahala oooo. We were taught pree shun, stand at ease, stand ease, raise, left, right, left, right, about turn, remove headdress, and other like that. At 6 pm the bilge sounded again and we were told to stand still that Nigeria wants to sleep. After that, we headed back to our various hostel to get some rest.
Still don't understand how people still muster the strength to go for runs in the camp after all the drilling and exercise. Maybe am just a lazy Nigeria Youth.

1 Like

Re: My Nysc Camp Experience At Mani In Katsina State. by Mystery9(m): 7:06am On Dec 29, 2020
Nice write up. I am following.

(1) (Reply)

Rioters Lock In 50 Nysc Members, Set Building On Fire / NYSC '15 A Time-table out. Letter-collection-@-school option still available. / See How Corpers Slept On The Eve Of The April 11 Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.