Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,052 members, 7,835,552 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:39 AM

I Never Knew What #endsars Was, I Am Proud To Be A Nigerian - Anthony Joshua - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / I Never Knew What #endsars Was, I Am Proud To Be A Nigerian - Anthony Joshua (171 Views)

Jay-Jay Okocha: "Racism In Germany, I Never Knew I Was Black Until I Got There" / ‘I Am Proud Real Madrid Fans Want Me’- Jose Mourinho / Nigerian Anthony Joshua's All Time Knock Outs: Which Is The Baddest? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Never Knew What #endsars Was, I Am Proud To Be A Nigerian - Anthony Joshua by AllNews1: 2:46pm On Dec 26, 2020
“I never knew what SARS was during my time in Nigeria; I never encountered SARS, so, when the movement started happening, I thought SARS was maybe like a virus, I didn’t know SARS.

One day after training, my uncle called me and this was just before the issue of the Lekki toll gate, about five hours before it, he called me and told me about the situation on the ground.

He told me the people of Nigeria loved me and wanted to hear my voice on it.”

“I told him I didn’t know enough about it to talk about it and he said I should just lend my voice and bring awareness.

So, I said if it’s what I can do for now, let me just lend my voice and bring my attention to it because I have a big platform. So, I just said it’s important to find a common ground because you can’t overthrow the government in a minute, but we need to find a common solution that will benefit the people.

READ MORE HERE: https://www.thewatchngr.com/2020/12/endsars-i-thought-protest-was-against.html

(1) (Reply)

Latest Sports News For Tuesday 29th, December, 2020 / Do You Want To Buy MMA Equipment? Here Are Some Brands. / What Did Frank Lampard Get Wrong And How Did Man City Dismantle Chelsea?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.