Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,970 members, 7,835,259 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:49 AM

I Stop Watching Wrestling When Rio Mysterio Win This Match - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / I Stop Watching Wrestling When Rio Mysterio Win This Match (1114 Views)

Wwe Legend ‘ Rey Mysterio Set To Officially Retire. / Riyad Mahrez: "Super Eagles Were Very Good, This Match Was The Hardest" / De Gea & Rey Mysterio Poses With Mourinho At United's Pre Season Training Ground (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Stop Watching Wrestling When Rio Mysterio Win This Match by kenzysmith: 10:20pm On Dec 26, 2020
wrestling is pure scam this guys are fraudster. no wonder they excel in movies. big example is THE ROCK who is having a successful career. how on earth could Rio mysterio had won this match

1 Like

Re: I Stop Watching Wrestling When Rio Mysterio Win This Match by Nobody: 10:39pm On Dec 26, 2020
Pure scam grin
Re: I Stop Watching Wrestling When Rio Mysterio Win This Match by chatinent: 10:56pm On Dec 26, 2020
I stopped when Undertaker was buried alive.

Later I saw the dude in another movie.. all those vibes and deep throat voice was left out and he was talking like a simpleton running up and down in the movie.

He disgraced me.

1 Like

Re: I Stop Watching Wrestling When Rio Mysterio Win This Match by kenzysmith: 11:10pm On Dec 26, 2020
chatinent:
I stopped when Undertaker was buried alive.

Later I saw the dude in another movie.. all those vibes and deep throat voice was left out and he was talking like a simpleton running up and down in the movie.

He disgraced me.
some times if I see people they argue on top wrestling the thing dey vex me I swear. I weak when koffi Kingston win Braun strowman

2 Likes

Re: I Stop Watching Wrestling When Rio Mysterio Win This Match by chatinent: 11:28pm On Dec 26, 2020
kenzysmith:
some times if I see people they argue on top wrestling the thing dey vex me I swear. I weak when koffi Kingston win Braun strowman

Well, I don't argue with anyone. I leave them argue with themselves.

Even WWE acknowledges it's for entertainment. It's scripted.

3 Likes

Re: I Stop Watching Wrestling When Rio Mysterio Win This Match by Nobody: 1:42am On Dec 27, 2020
I would rather watch some proper sport.

Not some pre-planned bulls#it with men clad in panties playing out some farfetched Hollywood-esque script.

2 Likes

Re: I Stop Watching Wrestling When Rio Mysterio Win This Match by meobizy(f): 7:20am On Dec 27, 2020
It's not real.
Re: I Stop Watching Wrestling When Rio Mysterio Win This Match by Vintagepipes: 6:28pm On Dec 27, 2020
kenzysmith:
wrestling is pure scam this guys are fraudster. no wonder they excel in movies. big example is THE ROCK who is having a successful career. how on earth could Rio mysterio had won this match
You are what matured wrestling fans call "Marks"... Most people fans in Nigeria are actually "Marks". Adult wrestling fans in North America, Europe and Japan actually know that wrestling is scripted but they understand the deeper dynamics of wrestling beyond the fighting. They understand the business. They are called "Smark". They understand, "Kayfabe" (Although new generation wrestlers are not taking kayfabe as seriously as older generation wrestler). They understand the "Heel" vs "Face", dynamics and the characteristics. They understand the athletism and the moves and maneuvres. Very importantly, they understand ring psychology and they understand the importance of "Promos".
Nigerians do not understand these ingredients. 99.99% adult wrestling fans in the west understand wrestling in that sense but of course, as a "Smark" they owe it to the little kid not to "expose the business" so you do not destroy their innocence.

In that scenario, they needed the Heel vs Face dynamic. A "Face is the one the fans will cheer for, the good guy. A good way of pushing this is to create an underdog that people love like Rey-Mysterio against the big mean huge bad guys... If he wins, it will elicit a "pop" or "cheers" and if the bad guy wins, they will generate "heat"... either way it goes, the wrestling business wins.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

My Stance On Betting / George Weah" I Am Never Proud Of The Ballon D'or Award Since I Won It / How To Play And Win Bet9ja/49ja Games Successfully

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.