Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,029 members, 7,818,036 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:45 AM

Kunle Odunsi Named New Director Of University Of Chicago Cancer Center - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Kunle Odunsi Named New Director Of University Of Chicago Cancer Center (25312 Views)

Governor Ganduje Inspects Kano Cancer Center Ongoing Construction / New Cancer Center At The Lagos University Teaching Hospital. #NEXTLEVEL. PICS. / Kano To Establish Best Cancer Center In West Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kunle Odunsi Named New Director Of University Of Chicago Cancer Center by Yoruba1stson: 1:26pm On Dec 27, 2020
stealmatic:

so what the Igbos are bringing is good news to u by smuggling drugs here and there in India, Mr we need to flush the Igbos off Nigeria before we can have peace
i support you on this
Re: Kunle Odunsi Named New Director Of University Of Chicago Cancer Center by AreaFada2: 1:26pm On Dec 27, 2020
HBB1:

Get your facts right!

Surgeons call themselves 'Mr' to distinct themselves from other Doctors.

It is a thing of pride for them... and a number of them get offended when you call them Dr.

If a man has earned a title, he should bear it.

What do you know about history of medicine? Let us hear it.

Pride is exactly the problem with 9ja. Do you know how Mr for surgeons came about? I guess you won't know without googling. The origin has nothing to do with pride.

Don't try telling someone who knows.
Re: Kunle Odunsi Named New Director Of University Of Chicago Cancer Center by King2019(m): 1:27pm On Dec 27, 2020
SILVERLINES:
cheesy

I rushed in to check the name

I know definitely that it must be Igbo or Yoruba

Hausas are quite known for terrorism and banditry and moreso the centre of illiteracy
Chai
Re: Kunle Odunsi Named New Director Of University Of Chicago Cancer Center by YorubaPrince: 1:31pm On Dec 27, 2020
IamWonderful:
It is becoming too much, the most annoying part is that they will still come and defend the evil.

Na so dem be. Their stupid culture adulates and celebrates criminals and ill-gotten wealth. angry

1 Like

Re: Kunle Odunsi Named New Director Of University Of Chicago Cancer Center by clockwisereport: 1:31pm On Dec 27, 2020
NobleRace:

You don't have to blame him. Every child has the right to be proud of his father's house.

Ok sir

Thank you very much

2 Likes

Re: Kunle Odunsi Named New Director Of University Of Chicago Cancer Center by HBB1(m): 1:50pm On Dec 27, 2020
AreaFada2:

What do you know about history of medicine? Let us hear it.

Pride is exactly the problem with 9ja. Do you know how Mr for surgeons came about? I guess you won't know without googling. The origin has nothing to do with pride.

Don't try telling someone who knows.

You are very wrong and lack 'appropriate' knowledge ( I wanted to say unexposed, but I think that's rude).

Someone calling himself a Dr is pride by your standards?
Do you have an inferiority complex?

If the Royal College of Surgeons prefer to call themselves Mr, that is their decision, but it doesn't hold the World over.

..and let me reiterate British Surgeons get offended when called Dr.
Once their exams are passed, they drop the Dr tag-- it is Mr, followed by his qualification.

Calling himself Mr is a mark of distinction and not humility.
Re: Kunle Odunsi Named New Director Of University Of Chicago Cancer Center by michresakidjo(m): 1:50pm On Dec 27, 2020
scholes0:
Omo....

It’s Yoruba season.

No one wants to be identified with Nigeria again
Re: Kunle Odunsi Named New Director Of University Of Chicago Cancer Center by Frankobenn1: 1:56pm On Dec 27, 2020
Miracle2020:
yes good news like drug pushing, baby factory, kidnapping, armed robbery, cyber crime abi?
Good news my foot!
Fulani telolist
Re: Kunle Odunsi Named New Director Of University Of Chicago Cancer Center by stealmatic(m): 2:00pm On Dec 27, 2020
Cuntface:

Moronic northern terrorist that can't construct simple sentence
anuofia,whch of my sentence is given u sleeples night,ur monika countface,pussyface says alot abt u,mr am nt frm d north anuofia
Re: Kunle Odunsi Named New Director Of University Of Chicago Cancer Center by feedthenation(m): 2:01pm On Dec 27, 2020
---The brain drain to developed countries are just too much---congrats to this Doctor---

1 Like

Re: Kunle Odunsi Named New Director Of University Of Chicago Cancer Center by feejay70: 2:06pm On Dec 27, 2020
Yoruba amaka Igbo amaku Hausa shegu
Re: Kunle Odunsi Named New Director Of University Of Chicago Cancer Center by Proffdada: 2:18pm On Dec 27, 2020
ENGINEERG:
Anytime I see things like this , I know its either Yoruba or Igbo....Hausa don't make us proud outside
Hausa/fulani are relaxed because nepotism grants them sure pass to the national welfare and wealth. If they're also marginalized, I think many of them too will be making waves
Re: Kunle Odunsi Named New Director Of University Of Chicago Cancer Center by revolt(m): 2:57pm On Dec 27, 2020
oyin44:
that is precisely why the yorubas are known as the intellectual set of people
lIl... yhe commissioner of health for chicago has been a certain dr ngozi. Nobody made mouth about that. Cam dan
Re: Kunle Odunsi Named New Director Of University Of Chicago Cancer Center by banmee(m): 3:17pm On Dec 27, 2020
ElijahIme1992:
so if every body leaves, hu is going to solve d problems facing d nation?

Hate to break it to you bro. Nigeria's problem can never be solved. The country's citizens have been psychologically molested for far too long to the point where they don't trust each other anymore. Sorry. It's too late. Nigeria is living on borrowed time.

1 Like

Re: Kunle Odunsi Named New Director Of University Of Chicago Cancer Center by Szkpytqgdcvx925: 3:38pm On Dec 27, 2020
Racoon:
Another nice development! Yoruba amaka.The only people bringing cheering news to Nigeria are the Yorubas and Igbos but the born-to-rule mallos are only competent with their mediocrity back home

no one knows u more than ur southern brother
www-nairaland-com.0.freebasics.com/6332869/singaporean-woman-faces-death-china">https://https-www-nairaland-com.0.freebasics.com/6332869/singaporean-woman-faces-death-china
Re: Kunle Odunsi Named New Director Of University Of Chicago Cancer Center by Carlylepneuma: 3:43pm On Dec 27, 2020
Racoon:
Another nice development! Yoruba amaka.The only people bringing cheering news to Nigeria are the Yorubas and Igbos but the born-to-rule mallos are only competent with their mediocrity back home
type of crap u hear wen u only get ur news from Nairaland
Re: Kunle Odunsi Named New Director Of University Of Chicago Cancer Center by zoomzoom(m): 3:53pm On Dec 27, 2020
[quote author=Sunnycliff post=97465949]I am yet to see a hausa fulani making such waves in Europe or America. It's either the Yorubas or the Igbos.

Why is it so? Is it that in abroad their capabilities are dwarfed or what?.

Good QUESTION!!!...and I'll quickly give you an answer.

No QUOTA SYSTEM that ALLOCATES POSITIONS THERE.

Re: Kunle Odunsi Named New Director Of University Of Chicago Cancer Center by tyinfinity: 4:04pm On Dec 27, 2020
igbo amaka
Re: Kunle Odunsi Named New Director Of University Of Chicago Cancer Center by IgboWarlord(m): 4:31pm On Dec 27, 2020
scholes0:
Omo....

It’s Yoruba season out there.

Its American season you native skull miners...
Re: Kunle Odunsi Named New Director Of University Of Chicago Cancer Center by IgboWarlord(m): 4:32pm On Dec 27, 2020
DuBLINGreenb:
"Nigerian" lol

No be small Lol....Americans appointed their fellow American who just happened to keep the name of his ancestors..

1 Like

Re: Kunle Odunsi Named New Director Of University Of Chicago Cancer Center by bigcasava1(m): 5:20pm On Dec 27, 2020
What effort are the north making in bringing good image to Nigeria? Make una go for deliverance
Re: Kunle Odunsi Named New Director Of University Of Chicago Cancer Center by Dpharisee: 5:58pm On Dec 27, 2020
Good development
Re: Kunle Odunsi Named New Director Of University Of Chicago Cancer Center by LegendHero(m): 6:27pm On Dec 27, 2020
Dpharisee:

He has an Igbo wife who is into the same field as him, knew them way back.

I always tell people to validate any thing an Igbo man say because by statistics it has been proven that they lie 90% of the time.

Below is his family and his spouse name is Ayo.

Tell me when Yeebos start bearing name called Ayo.

https://www.bizjournals.com/buffalo/news/2020/11/05/2020-c-level-executives-kunle-odunsi-roswell-park.html

The second image below is his resume and you can see he mentioned the same name of his wife as Ayo.

They use lie swear for you guys?

https://www.unmc.edu/_documents/Odunsi_Kunle_CV.pdf

2 Likes

Re: Kunle Odunsi Named New Director Of University Of Chicago Cancer Center by scholes0(m): 6:42pm On Dec 27, 2020
IgboWarlord:

Its American season you native skull miners...

see painment....

2 Likes

Re: Kunle Odunsi Named New Director Of University Of Chicago Cancer Center by AreaFada2: 7:00pm On Dec 27, 2020
HBB1:

You are very wrong and lack 'appropriate' knowledge ( I wanted to say unexposed, but I think that's rude).

Someone calling himself a Dr is pride by your standards?
Do you have an inferiority complex?

If the Royal College of Surgeons prefer to call themselves Mr, that is their decision, but it doesn't hold the World over.

..and let me reiterate British Surgeons get offended when called Dr.
Once their exams are passed, they drop the Dr tag-- it is Mr, followed by his qualification.

Calling himself Mr is a mark of distinction and not humility.

Who exactly are you to mention inferiority? Let's begin with the schools you attended and the exact place you work. Not just say Dr or dentist but which hospital do you work in and in which country? grin

The fact is that you remain ignorant about history medicine. I hope for God's sake you are not part of the noble profession. If not the school that educated you without history of the profession failed woefully.
Re: Kunle Odunsi Named New Director Of University Of Chicago Cancer Center by Analysiscorner: 7:09pm On Dec 27, 2020
Congratulations to him.
Re: Kunle Odunsi Named New Director Of University Of Chicago Cancer Center by HBB1(m): 7:09pm On Dec 27, 2020
AreaFada2:

Who exactly are you to mention inferiority? Let's begin with the schools you attended and the exact place you work. Not just say Dr or dentist but which hospital do you work in and in which country? grin

The fact is that you remain ignorant about history medicine. I hope for God's sake you are not part of the noble profession. If not the school that educated you without history of the profession failed woefully.

Oh crap!

Could you tell me more about this History of yours you keep ranting about?

You are quite ignorant, you know.

Very ignorant!
Re: Kunle Odunsi Named New Director Of University Of Chicago Cancer Center by AreaFada2: 7:29pm On Dec 27, 2020
HBB1:

Oh crap!

Could you tell me more about this History of yours you keep ranting about?

You are quite ignorant, you know.

Very ignorant!
Since you mentioned distinction and pride, I wanted to see your aspirations and relative achievements to be obsessed with "distinction".

I'd pass because all those bad belle people pretending not to see this chat since will suddenly turn up to say one is proud. Especially when they see that one was not educated locally and not based locally.

Until you really go around the world and see, you won't realise your gargantuan ignorance. Keep wallowing in it.
All I can tell you is that my mentors were those who won the highest prices and impacted mankind. Virtually all educated in the very universities in the world. They all remained humble despite their stellar medical, surgical abs scientific achievement. Although most have now passed on.

Good luck to you.
Re: Kunle Odunsi Named New Director Of University Of Chicago Cancer Center by HBB1(m): 7:56pm On Dec 27, 2020
AreaFada2:

Since you mentioned distinction and pride, I wanted to see your aspirations and relative achievements to be obsessed with "distinction".

I'd pass because all those bad belle people pretending not to see this chat since will suddenly turn up to say one is proud. Especially when they see that one was not educated locally and not based locally.

Until you really go around the world and see, you won't realise your gargantuan ignorance. Keep wallowing in it.
All I can tell you is that my mentors were those who won the highest prices and impacted mankind. Virtually all educated in the very universities in the world. They all remained humble despite their stellar medical, surgical abs scientific achievement. Although most have now passed on.

Good luck to you.

You still have said nothing!

You have only been ranting.
Do you have a chip on your shoulder?

You said Surgeons in the UK asked to be called Mr and you derided Nigerians for still sticking to the more common Dr Nomenclature.

You have gone on and on about a certain History it seems only you know, but still can't say.

A UK trained Doctor drops the tag Dr after he has passed his MRCS exams and nothing more-- it is a big deal for them to attain that status.

...and it us a form of 'reverse snobbery' from way back.

The Patient himself knows what it means to be operated on by someone with a Mr tag.

I don't have to tell you who I am, or where I have been...
I dont have a chip on my shoulder or have anything to prove.

I will ask again, 'do you have a chip on your shoulder?'
Re: Kunle Odunsi Named New Director Of University Of Chicago Cancer Center by chijokz(m): 9:24pm On Dec 27, 2020
SILVERLINES:
cheesy

I rushed in to check the name

I know definitely that it must be Igbo or Yoruba

Hausas are quite known for terrorism and banditry and moreso the centre of illiteracy
I respectly disagree with you.
I personally know some distinguished northern technocrats and intellectuals overseas excelling in their chosen careers.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Aondofa Akure, Man With Eye Cancer In Benue (Graphic Photos) / Tomi Coker: 104 COVID-19 Cases Were Discovered In One Company In Sagamu / COVID-19: Ogun Govt To Distribute “Not For Sale” Hand Sanitizers To Residents

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.