Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,275 members, 7,836,236 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:10 AM

Nigeria's Golden Age Of Advertising - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigeria's Golden Age Of Advertising (149 Views)

Chief M.A. Obagun Is Dead. Founder Of Onward Paper Mill Dies At The Age Of 91 / Future Of Advertising: Scannable QR Code Appears In The Sky Above Shanghai / 5 Benefits Of Advertising Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria's Golden Age Of Advertising by chris2h(m): 7:48am On Dec 27, 2020
We all remember Nigeria's golden age of advertising.

The Joy Girl, Omo, Milo, Chocomilo Planta, and other ads made us want to watch the Television and listen to the Radio repeatedly.

It was when Nigeria was Nigeria.

Today, we have all kinds of talent in the advertising field.

BUT, we have VERY few professionals.

It has led to Nigeria's economic slowdown.

Too many people claim to sell but don't know how to.

Some have used the advertising industry as a platform to get out of what can become Heaven on Earth (Nigeria).

Andrew don leave his country.

Chei!

Nigeria go survive sha.

It is possible to change this.

The REAL heavyweights and professionals can come and change things.

We can create a fresh start.

We can sell Nigerian-made goods and services using time-tested approaches with a twist of creativity,

Then the Nigerian economy will boom again.

Andrew can then come back home.

If you need PROFESSIONAL copywriting services, contact me today!

You are SURE of a boom period as per sales!

My name is Christopher Hamman CMP (UK)

I am a British-trained copywriter.
Re: Nigeria's Golden Age Of Advertising by DuBLINGreenb(m): 7:54am On Dec 27, 2020
That golden age has either passed or is not here yet

I remember the magazines and newspaper and even radio and TV ads used to be hits that year in the 70's and 80's even tho I wasn't born yet. I'm a history buff

Hopefully the new age ads will come soon but for it to come we need 2 things, more electricity and cheaper data costs. I see the New media being the new frontier for advertising and advertiser's I don't see people in my age group and below reading dailies or any hard copy stuff looking for ads.

Its all digital and Google search they'll be using so if you need to be on Google holla at me I'm a certified Digital marketing executive, I can place you and your business on Google.

If clients search you up they can see your business location or even see you, your picture and maybe a short bio about what you do. It creates more trust and gives you Porsche big man vibes.

Goodluck.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Make Money Like You Have Never Seen Before / Get Fully Verified Wechat Account / Mastercard ATM

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.