Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,728 members, 7,816,990 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:22 PM

Investing In Agriculture Plantain Plaintation - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Investing In Agriculture Plantain Plaintation (213 Views)

Invest In Real Estate...Invest In Agriculture (Pics) / Crowdfunding Platforms In Nigeria: Investing In Agriculture / Tired Of Investing In Ponzi. Try This And Thank Me Later! (investors Only) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Investing In Agriculture Plantain Plaintation by 606thearena: 12:35pm On Dec 27, 2020
Please guys I want to invest in agriculture but my uncle advised I invest in plaintain business that it is good for a long term investment plan .please nairalnders I need your advice if plaintain is a good agric business to go into . We talking about 4 acres of plaintain plantation here. And mind I’m still in school my second year ‘ I need your advise and suggestion brothers and sisters .any good advice will be welcome and appreciated.
Re: Investing In Agriculture Plantain Plaintation by maximizer61(m): 12:40pm On Dec 27, 2020
I want to look into it too
Re: Investing In Agriculture Plantain Plaintation by RedPanthar: 1:01pm On Dec 27, 2020
I can set it up for you. I am setting up a 40 acres Plantain plantation at the moment
Re: Investing In Agriculture Plantain Plaintation by Mide3367: 3:03pm On Dec 27, 2020
Try cassava Bro... It has good prospects and less cost than plantain. Plantain requires alot of money which also includes Irrigation or water source... If u can get 10 acres, I will hell u out including getting buyers
Re: Investing In Agriculture Plantain Plaintation by Kobicove(m): 3:57pm On Dec 27, 2020
606thearena:
Please guys I want to invest in agriculture but my uncle advised I invest in plaintain business that it is good for a long term investment plan .please nairalnders I need your advice if plaintain is a good agric business to go into . We talking about 4 acres of plaintain plantation here. And mind I’m still in school my second year ‘ I need your advise and suggestion brothers and sisters .any good advice will be welcome and appreciated.

Don't just dump all your money in a business because you heard people sy that it's lucrative, make sure you first do a trial run so you can understand the business.

If you rush into agric with no experience you're likely to make mistakes that will result is serious losses to you
Re: Investing In Agriculture Plantain Plaintation by Kayvee6(m): 3:57pm On Dec 27, 2020
Depending on area where you are and maybe you want to practice irrigation system; plantain plantation is not that as costly as stated in above comments. Here in Ekiti; one can rent a piece of land for a particular time bound at lower rate, Vary per owner but affordable. Where most amount of money will be spent is on clearing of the land and getting plantain sucker; with a sucker sold at rate of fifty naira. It's then best to plant it during the period of heavy rain fall (may,June, and July) so as to sustain the plantain during dry season. It ll started producing immediately rain started falling in following year, so total period of planting and harvesting is months less or more than a year. Weeding also is once or twice preferably.
Re: Investing In Agriculture Plantain Plaintation by 606thearena: 7:13pm On Dec 27, 2020
Thanks very much I will start with one acres then can anyone tell me how much it will cost to survey four acres of land . What do you advise nairalanders I need more advice and suggestions mods can you kindly push to front page so more people can comment on it and give me more suggestions . A friend told me that it will cost me up to 200k to survey it don’t know how true it is

(1) (Reply)

Secure Your Financial Future With Investment In Cash Crops Now. / Legit Airdrop Links / Car Loan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.