Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,734 members, 7,824,081 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:09 PM

NIN Issues: I Just Discovered That I Have Two NIN Numbers. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / NIN Issues: I Just Discovered That I Have Two NIN Numbers. (10262 Views)

Please Help, NIN Issues! How Can I Unlink My Number From Another Person’s NIN? / NIN Issues: I Never Registered For NIN.. How Do I Verify The NIN from *346#? / How To Link Your NIN With MTN Online (full Steps) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

NIN Issues: I Just Discovered That I Have Two NIN Numbers. by BluntNigerian: 5:29pm On Dec 27, 2020
My problem started from this earlier thread here..

https://www.nairaland.com/6332905/nin-issues-never-registered-nin/4#97484210

I have not registered for NIMC at all.
Unfortunately, I operate with three different MTN numbers, but I am using two out of the three numbers too often.
I use them interchangeably in whatever I am doing.
I just discovered that the two numbers have two distinct NIN numbers attached to them after I dialled *346# on the two different numbers..
My third Number doesn't have any NIN record on it yet., although I have used the MTN website to link it with the NIN of my first MTN Line.
What could even be the cause of someone having Multiple NINs to himself as a result of two different phone numbers??

**Modified***
Someone just told me that since I had never gone to register officially with the NIMC, then Double NINs could have been possible due to the NIN Harmonisation Exercise which they did sometime ago, or due to Number Recycling.

In the first instance, if it happened that I used more than one phone-number in my registrations across the various platforms such as Voters-Card, BVN, Driver's License, and even International Passport, then, it probably happened that along the line when they did the “Harmonisation of Data” from all these sources/platforms, they generated two different NINs for my two different numbers which happened to get harmonised into the NIN Database from two different sources/platforms.
(I guess this was exactly what happened.. I use the two numbers interchangeably.. Two of them are as equally important to me.)

In the second instance, if it happened that I recently bought recyled phone numbers that were already used by some other people to register for their NIN long time ago, then it is possible that if I dial *346# it will retrieve their NINs for me.
(I guess this wasn't the case though, because the number I bought recently doesn't even have any NIN record. The two lines that have NIN numbers were the lines that I bought between 2003 and 2005.)

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NIN Issues: I Just Discovered That I Have Two NIN Numbers. by BluntNigerian: 5:30pm On Dec 27, 2020
Lots Of NIN Issues..
I guess that the both of the NINs are mine.
I have to believe that for now.
I have not checked the NINs to confirm them yet, since there is no way available to check the NIN yet.
But once I get to know how to check the true identities behind NIN numbers, I will check both of them to confirm that I own both of them.
Re: NIN Issues: I Just Discovered That I Have Two NIN Numbers. by BluntNigerian: 5:34pm On Dec 27, 2020
Re: NIN Issues: I Just Discovered That I Have Two NIN Numbers. by BluntNigerian: 5:35pm On Dec 27, 2020
Re: NIN Issues: I Just Discovered That I Have Two NIN Numbers. by Bolubaba(m): 8:55pm On Dec 27, 2020
I doubt this. Dial the *346# ussd won't clarify the NIN issue. To be sure have 2 nin number use the line mobile app to varify if the two Sim are actually recognized as yours. I have 3 airtel Sim 2 out of the 3 is recognized as mine the 3 line brings another persons name.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NIN Issues: I Just Discovered That I Have Two NIN Numbers. by Nobody: 9:02pm On Dec 27, 2020
Bolubaba:
I doubt this. Dial the *346# ussd won't clarify the NIN issue. To be sure have 2 nin number use the line mobile app to varify if the two Sim are actually recognized as yours. I have 3 airtel Sim 2 out of the 3 is recognized as mine the 3 line brings another persons name.
how do you do this. I mean getting your name or someone's name as the case may be
Re: NIN Issues: I Just Discovered That I Have Two NIN Numbers. by Bolubaba(m): 9:19pm On Dec 27, 2020
I bought the 3rd Sim(new) few weeks before the NIN issue came up. And while using the airtel app I noticed it was not my name that appeared. The name I saw must be that of the previous user. So if he has done his NIN, definitely dialing the ussd code would bring out his nin, not mine.

Nairalandgirl:

how do you do this. I mean getting your name or someone's name as the case may be

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NIN Issues: I Just Discovered That I Have Two NIN Numbers. by Nobody: 11:07pm On Dec 27, 2020
Bolubaba:
I bought the 3rd Sim(new) few weeks before the NIN issue came up. And while using the airtel app I noticed it was not my name that appeared. The name I saw must be that of the previous user. So if he has done his NIN, definitely dialing the ussd code would bring out his nin, not mine.

okay but my question is, how did you see the name?
what process did you use?
Re: NIN Issues: I Just Discovered That I Have Two NIN Numbers. by Bolubaba(m): 12:15am On Dec 28, 2020
Download the mobile app for the network.
Launch the app. Its self explanatory.

Nairalandgirl:

okay but my question is, how did you see the name?
what process did you use?

1 Like

Re: NIN Issues: I Just Discovered That I Have Two NIN Numbers. by BluntNigerian: 12:24am On Dec 28, 2020
Bolubaba:
In your case, it is even possible you have up to 3 NINs to yourself..
Have you dialled *346# on all the three lines??
What were the results??
Re: NIN Issues: I Just Discovered That I Have Two NIN Numbers. by kollingz(m): 6:14am On Dec 28, 2020
Kindly go to your bank to confirm the one with correct info about you
Re: NIN Issues: I Just Discovered That I Have Two NIN Numbers. by BluntNigerian: 6:27am On Dec 28, 2020
kollingz:
Kindly go to your bank to confirm the one with correct info about you
Ok..
I will do that..
I just wish that both of them belongs to me though.
I don't even know why I am wishing this, but I really wish that both of them be mine.
Re: NIN Issues: I Just Discovered That I Have Two NIN Numbers. by BluntNigerian: 6:55am On Dec 28, 2020
Hello Walesho..
This thread is very similar to your issue of double NIN numbers.
A case where multiple NIN numbers genuinely belongs to you as a result of some unforeseen errors which are not entirely as a result of your making.
Re: NIN Issues: I Just Discovered That I Have Two NIN Numbers. by falcon01: 7:40am On Dec 28, 2020
I think there should be a way where you can look up your information using your NIN online. Nigeria is bad at everything they do. How can you not look up your own data online?
Re: NIN Issues: I Just Discovered That I Have Two NIN Numbers. by BluntNigerian: 8:05am On Dec 28, 2020
falcon01:
I think there should be a way where you can look up your information using your NIN online. Nigeria is bad at everything they do. How can you not look up your own data online?
(@Bolded)

My brother, if you ask me, na who I go ask??
The matter taaya person.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NIN Issues: I Just Discovered That I Have Two NIN Numbers. by Bolubaba(m): 12:18pm On Dec 28, 2020
Na just one I get.
9 mobile =same
Airtel (main line) =same
Glo= same
Mtn= same
3 other airtel = not available. (one showing another person's name)

BluntNigerian:
In your case, it is even possible you have up to 3 NINs to yourself..
Have you dialled *346# on all the three lines??
What were the results??

1 Like

Re: NIN Issues: I Just Discovered That I Have Two NIN Numbers. by SEGLIZ: 12:20pm On Dec 28, 2020
BluntNigerian:
Ok..
I will do that..
I just wish that both of them belongs to me though.
I don't even know why I am wishing this, but I really wish that both of them be mine.

@BluntNigerian, there is every tendency both nin ain't yours, same way you wish they are.
another scenario is you can't have two bvn at a go, the one forvyour bvn was used to generate the nin code.
like @Bolubaba has said if not all three line, one or two of your sim isn't yours. one of those nin code isn't yours it belongs to someone else. I'm equally in that fix, my nin code is ready if according to the bvn number.
I can't generate it because my first ever sim used for my bvn got lost, every effort to retrieve it was futile (due the frustrating condition from the network), it has being recycled and sold out (that it's now in active service), who ever is with that sim would generate my nin code. if he also has a lost sim connected to a bvn, who ever is with it would generate his and use it.
@falcon01 a lot of confusion await this nonsense going on. don't be surprised of which I'm sure we are only dancing round a circle, this idiots of a leaders are only trying to conduct a form of censor but don't want to spend a dime, all they are trying to do expend little or no resources while we help them at our own expense.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NIN Issues: I Just Discovered That I Have Two NIN Numbers. by Bolubaba(m): 12:30pm On Dec 28, 2020
You don talk everything bro. God bless you.
SEGLIZ:

@BluntNigerian, every tendency both nin ain't yours, same way you wish they.
another scenario is you can't have two bvn at a go, of your bvn was used to generate the nin code.
like @Bolubaba has said if not all three line, one or two of your sim isn't yours. one of those nin code isn't yours it belongs to someone else. I equally in that fix, my nin code is ready if according to the bvn number.
I can't generate it because my first ever sim got lost, every effort to retrieve it was futile (due the frustrating condition from the network), it has being recycled and sold out (that I it's now in active service), who ever is with that sim would generate my nin code. if also has a lost connected to a bvn who ever is with would generate his and use it.
@falcon01 a lot of confusion await this nonsense going on. don't be surprised if which I'm sure we are only dancing round a circle, this idiots of a leaders are only trying to conduct a form of censor but don't want to spend a dime, all they are trying to do expend little or no resources while we help them at our own experience.
Re: NIN Issues: I Just Discovered That I Have Two NIN Numbers. by BluntNigerian: 3:33pm On Dec 28, 2020
Lalasticlala
Re: NIN Issues: I Just Discovered That I Have Two NIN Numbers. by BluntNigerian: 3:33pm On Dec 28, 2020
Seun
Re: NIN Issues: I Just Discovered That I Have Two NIN Numbers. by BluntNigerian: 3:34pm On Dec 28, 2020
Mynd44
Re: NIN Issues: I Just Discovered That I Have Two NIN Numbers. by airamuche: 2:20am On Dec 29, 2020
quickverify.ng
BluntNigerian:
Lots Of NIN Issues..
I guess that the both of the NINs are mine.
I have to believe that for now.
I have not checked the NINs to confirm them yet, since there is no way available to check the NIN yet.
But once I get to know how to check the true identities behind NIN numbers, I will check both of them to confirm that I own both of them.
Re: NIN Issues: I Just Discovered That I Have Two NIN Numbers. by Bluntsisi: 6:40am On Dec 29, 2020
Lalasticlala
Re: NIN Issues: I Just Discovered That I Have Two NIN Numbers. by Bluntsisi: 6:41am On Dec 29, 2020
What is Harmonisation of Data??
And why would they populate a single database from different data sources??
They didn't envisage that there would be multiple data-clashes??
Re: NIN Issues: I Just Discovered That I Have Two NIN Numbers. by Kamaye(m): 8:12pm On Feb 10, 2021
I have a similar issue with my NIN, the phone number was mine since 2007 before the NIN exercise was started, I did my BVN in 2013 but I have never enrolled for NIN yet when I dialled *346# a NIN number appeared. I thought it was mine generated by BVN, then after putting the number in the NIMC app all the details that appeared (name, picture, age and gender) are not mine, except the phone number which is still mine. I have contacted the NIMC through their twitter handle, Facebook and email in order to know what should be done but no answer yet for the past two weeks.

1 Like

Re: NIN Issues: I Just Discovered That I Have Two NIN Numbers. by edoairways: 7:53am On Feb 11, 2021
Kamaye:
I have a similar issue with my NIN, the phone number was mine since 2007 before the NIN exercise was started, I did my BVN in 2013 but I have never enrolled for NIN yet when I dialled *346# a NIN number appeared. I thought it was mine generated by BVN, then after putting the number in the NIMC app all the details that appeared (name, picture, age and gender) are not mine, except the phone number which is still mine. I have contacted the NIMC through their twitter handle, Facebook and email in order to know what should be done but no answer yet for the past two weeks.
I don't know why some Nigerians make things difficult for others. Why put a customer care handle if you can't respond immediately
Re: NIN Issues: I Just Discovered That I Have Two NIN Numbers. by Chibuzoripob: 11:21am On Jul 30, 2023
shocked

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Whatsapp Calling Feature Is Cool / How To Convert/install Any Java/symbian App On An Android Device / Droidvpn Works Perfectly On Airtel (all Apps Working)... Android 4.0 And Above

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.