Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,618 members, 7,820,198 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:15 AM

National Assembly Transmits ₦13.5 Trillion Budget To Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / National Assembly Transmits ₦13.5 Trillion Budget To Buhari (5064 Views)

Constitution Review: National Assembly Transmits 44 Bills To States / National Assembly Transmits amended Electoral Bill To Buhari For Assent / BREAKING: National Assembly Transmits Amended Electoral Bill To Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

National Assembly Transmits ₦13.5 Trillion Budget To Buhari by valentineuwakwe(m): 12:18am On Dec 29, 2020
The National Assembly has transmitted the 2021 Appropriation Bill of N 13.5 tn to the President , Major General Muhammadu Buhari ( retd.) .

The Senior Special Assistant to the President on National Assembly Matters ( Senate ), Senator Babajide Omoworare, disclosed this to The PUNCH in a terse text message on Monday .

Omoworare said , “ The Appropriation Bill has been transmitted by the National Assembly to Mr President in conformity with the provision of Section 59 of the constitution. The bill is presently being looked at by Mr President and consequent action will be taken in due course. ”
The National Assembly had last Monday approved the budget during an emergency session .
The approved budget figure by the National Assembly comprises total capital supplementation of N1. 06tn, total capital expenditure of N4 .1tn, statutory transfers of N 496bn , and recurrent expenditure of N 5.6tn.

The passed budget Bill by the National Assembly also provided the sum of N3. 3tn for debt servicing .

The budget estimate was increased by the sum of N 505bn from the estimate of N13 , 082, 420, 568 ,233 presented to the National Assembly by Buhari on October 8, 2020.

source: https://punchng.com/breaking-national-assembly-transmits-n13-5tn-budget-to-buhari/

2 Likes

Re: National Assembly Transmits ₦13.5 Trillion Budget To Buhari by Nobody: 6:09am On Dec 29, 2020
1.Well, we are spending more on recurrent, than on capital

2.Oil prices are still in a tenous state....so I really hope we have the cash to fund the budget

3.We really don't have enough money. 14 trillion means every Nigerian gets 68000 naira for the year. We need to really change how we run our economy

6 Likes

Re: National Assembly Transmits ₦13.5 Trillion Budget To Buhari by ATEAMS: 6:09am On Dec 29, 2020
I’m proud of me because I’ve survived the days I thought I couldn’t

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: National Assembly Transmits ₦13.5 Trillion Budget To Buhari by Wisejohnson47(m): 6:10am On Dec 29, 2020
Money wey them don share finish since.
Re: National Assembly Transmits ₦13.5 Trillion Budget To Buhari by Hallabee1(m): 6:10am On Dec 29, 2020
hope him no fall while carrying that thing
Re: National Assembly Transmits ₦13.5 Trillion Budget To Buhari by cjudy(m): 6:12am On Dec 29, 2020
That's all they know how to do

Money money money
Not for the masses but for their personal interest

1 Like

Re: National Assembly Transmits ₦13.5 Trillion Budget To Buhari by Mayorahmadu: 6:19am On Dec 29, 2020
We are going in the deep.
I weep!
Re: National Assembly Transmits ₦13.5 Trillion Budget To Buhari by Dayoebe(m): 6:19am On Dec 29, 2020
Alooter continue

They always find a common ground when it comes to money matter.
No check and balance in the system
Re: National Assembly Transmits ₦13.5 Trillion Budget To Buhari by samx4real(m): 6:19am On Dec 29, 2020
Every year they keep transmitting budget but nothing to show for it at the end...

Our leaders are evil.

1 Like

Re: National Assembly Transmits ₦13.5 Trillion Budget To Buhari by donprinyo(m): 6:22am On Dec 29, 2020
From 6 trillion to 13 trillion and still they said money is not enough. Apc are simply a curse to Nigeria
Re: National Assembly Transmits ₦13.5 Trillion Budget To Buhari by saintol(m): 6:23am On Dec 29, 2020
Buhari! Who is Buhari? Is that not the name of a ..........................
Re: National Assembly Transmits ₦13.5 Trillion Budget To Buhari by eddyslim(m): 6:27am On Dec 29, 2020
Evil men
Re: National Assembly Transmits ₦13.5 Trillion Budget To Buhari by SocialJustice: 6:43am On Dec 29, 2020
Budget of overhead and loan repayment.

When will Npower start? Shebi Lie Mohammed said December, December has finished.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: National Assembly Transmits ₦13.5 Trillion Budget To Buhari by bayelsaowei(m): 6:57am On Dec 29, 2020
grin

With the naira useless as usual.

What was achieved with the previous budgets? Almost zilch. Same old corruption. Insecurity at its peak. Economy in shambles. Our judiciary nothing to write home about. Unemployment at an all time high..

What do we really achieve with these useless budgets?
Re: National Assembly Transmits ₦13.5 Trillion Budget To Buhari by CocoaOla: 7:08am On Dec 29, 2020
More Nigerians have fallen into poverty and it will take the economy growing at the rate of 10% for 15 years for Nigeria to get to the pre buhari levels where dollars is 120 and unemployment is at 11% and gdp at $500b per capital at $3000 from the current $200b

1 Like

Re: National Assembly Transmits ₦13.5 Trillion Budget To Buhari by sellers4buyers(m): 7:10am On Dec 29, 2020
I don't know where they want to get the money to run this budget in the face of dwindling revenue.

We know the statutory transfer is guaranteed, National Assembly and judiciary them.

Something should be done about our recurrent expenditure it's more than the budget for capital projects which shows that something is wrong. The recurrent expenditure is also guaranteed considering the kind of Nation we live in.

Our debt servicing by all means shouldn't suffer because we need to get out of debt as soon as we can. We are indebted to the neck already.

Capital project oh capital projects I don't know your fate in 2021, you are the hope of the common man that tomorrow holds greater promises. I wish you can be implemented and the funds meant for you is not spent on frivolities and whatever.

Anyone who knows how I can get a copy of the budget should dm me. I really need to start getting myself acquainted with our budget.

3 Likes

Re: National Assembly Transmits ₦13.5 Trillion Budget To Buhari by themanderon: 7:18am On Dec 29, 2020
valentineuwakwe:

source: https://punchng.com/breaking-national-assembly-transmits-n13-5tn-budget-to-buhari/

And it keeps rising. Money that will go to the same crooks.
Re: National Assembly Transmits ₦13.5 Trillion Budget To Buhari by GOFRONT(m): 7:19am On Dec 29, 2020
Hmm.....Our darling daddy really tried.
Re: National Assembly Transmits ₦13.5 Trillion Budget To Buhari by AFONJACOW(m): 7:33am On Dec 29, 2020
They transmitted trillions for him to squander as usual without giving any reasonable account how the money were spent. If you try to voice ur opinion their online urchins/Zone-B suffering from hunger and malnutrition because of bad government will call you enemy of the state and all unprintable names, we are treating Sai Barbar like baby spooned spoiled brat/kid that was over pampered by his rich parents who live on their lost glories.. half of the trillion will in settlement of Fulani herdsmens and payment of Ramson to Boko Haram
Re: National Assembly Transmits ₦13.5 Trillion Budget To Buhari by fayomim: 7:58am On Dec 29, 2020
China debt is there ohh
Re: National Assembly Transmits ₦13.5 Trillion Budget To Buhari by Seyzcham91(m): 8:20am On Dec 29, 2020
angry
Wisejohnson47:
Money wey them don share finish since.
Re: National Assembly Transmits ₦13.5 Trillion Budget To Buhari by Seyzcham91(m): 8:20am On Dec 29, 2020
grin grin
Ayokunleayoolashakirudeen:
Nigerian government handles more money than office papers, all they ever do is lend and share.
Re: National Assembly Transmits ₦13.5 Trillion Budget To Buhari by babamoha(m): 8:37am On Dec 29, 2020
When the cost of governance is higher than what was budgeted for capital expenditures.
Re: National Assembly Transmits ₦13.5 Trillion Budget To Buhari by ofiko123(m): 9:40am On Dec 29, 2020
Nice one... buhari is working..
Re: National Assembly Transmits ₦13.5 Trillion Budget To Buhari by RimiEmma(m): 10:00am On Dec 29, 2020
I want to see how they will fund this budget, when they solely depend on oil . Too bad
Re: National Assembly Transmits ₦13.5 Trillion Budget To Buhari by Ihatemumu: 10:54am On Dec 29, 2020
Only the whites can create and solve Nigeria's problems.

Nigerians only know how to complain , pray , lament without any action.

The few who takes a revolutionary action will be discouraged by the same Nigerians because they lack vision and hate freedom

1 Like

Re: National Assembly Transmits ₦13.5 Trillion Budget To Buhari by Updating9JA: 6:19pm On Dec 29, 2020
Claudiusdeux:
1.Well, we are spending more on recurrent, than on capital

2.Oil prices are still in a tenous state....so I really hope Contact Details we have the cash to fund the budget

3.We really don't have enough money. 14 trillion means every Nigerian gets 68000 naira for the year. We need to really change how we run our economy
Re: National Assembly Transmits ₦13.5 Trillion Budget To Buhari by lastempero: 8:38pm On Dec 29, 2020
Mumu people still not working on our recurrent expenditure, how come we spend less on capital project.
Re: National Assembly Transmits ₦13.5 Trillion Budget To Buhari by Susu888(m): 9:47pm On Dec 29, 2020
Why is it that reps nd senators always have to add some hundreds of billions without the people knowing why?? In dis case its 505 billion naira!!!
Re: National Assembly Transmits ₦13.5 Trillion Budget To Buhari by calcal: 1:57am On Dec 30, 2020
$37 Billion, the oil revenue around $40 Billion, equation balance

(1) (Reply)

Reason Why Family Of Late COAS And Army Clashed At Funeral Ceremony / Israel Claiming Ijaws Of Nigeria, Give Evidence From Bible / Plateau 2022: PDP's Caleb Mutfwang Accused Of Owing LG Workers For 10-Months

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.