Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,395 members, 7,815,856 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:31 PM

I Never Called For A Coup —bishop Kukah - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Never Called For A Coup —bishop Kukah (858 Views)

Jandor: I Never Called Bode George A Liar, We Have Mutual Respect For Each Other / I Never Called Tinubu a Super Politician – Obasanjo / I Didn't Call For A Coup — Bishop Kukah (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

I Never Called For A Coup —bishop Kukah by adenigga(m): 11:29am On Dec 29, 2020
As reactions and counter-reactions continue to trail his Christmas message, Bishop of Sokoto Catholic Diocese, Matthew Hassan Kukah, has denied calling for a coup.

Bishop Kukah at a media conference with selected journalists held at St Bakhita Secretariat in Sokoto on Monday night urged Nigerians to get the accurate statement rather than relying on different lies being peddled about in his name.

He emphasised that the message was based on his love for the country and has no political or ulterior motive.

“I am pained and very sad that my emergency critics never see that many innocent lives are being lost on a daily basis. The loss of lives in the last ten years, even before the advent of this administration, calls for concern.

“The reactions are a reflection of every citizen that make up Nigeria. It is sad that when you drop something in Nigeria, everybody goes back to their enclave and abandon the larger picture. I am someone who never takes offense to what people say about me.

“What I said was my opinion based on evidence and what has happened in Nigeria, and if you looked into the records, there is evidence that justifies that statement, and if anyone thinks I am wrong, they should come out with a superior position.

“It is unfair for a journalist or news medium to report that I called for a coup while expressing my personal view about Nigeria,” he noted.

To those calling him to drop his priesthood cassock and join the political fray, the outspoken cleric said if he was to join politics, it would have been during the time of late Aminu Kano and not now.

“I have no plan and will never play partisan politics for any reason. Those who link my message to partisan politics are only playing to the gallery.

“Take, for instance, brilliant Nigerian youths making comments about Chelsea or Arsenal and have never been to England, does that make them players of such club sides?

“So, why will someone think because Bishop Kukah is speaking therefore he is a politician? People who make this argument are totally ignorant of elementary politics and ignorant of the role of a Priest.

“The truth is that a lot of us have not seen a priest saying what I am saying. The truth of the matter is, we are all in politics, but party politics for me, no. I am not a member of any political party and I cannot be. If it comes to voting, I do my right.

“Whatever I said can please or displease anyone, but that is my own opinion and doesn’t stop others from saying their own opinion. If you think my motive is wrong, say yours.

“I have no problem with Muslims, Christians, or any other religion but what I don’t like is when someone is using a religious issue to play politics, it is wrong.”
Source:
https://m.punchng.com/News/l-never-called-for-a-coup-Bishop-Kukah

2 Likes

Re: I Never Called For A Coup —bishop Kukah by Mysticwebb: 11:34am On Dec 29, 2020
Your Grace, don't bother explaining anything. Even those agents of devil know the truth but are just protecting the pay they are getting from this evil administration.

3 Likes

Re: I Never Called For A Coup —bishop Kukah by Brooklynsouth(f): 11:38am On Dec 29, 2020
Kukah pls maintain your stand , let buhari Bleep and see how we will define this country .don't shiver it's going to Catholic Vs Muslim ,I double dare buhari and all Muslims to try shit infact I triple dare them

3 Likes

Re: I Never Called For A Coup —bishop Kukah by Arrewa: 11:40am On Dec 29, 2020
OK...
Re: I Never Called For A Coup —bishop Kukah by Arrewa: 11:41am On Dec 29, 2020
Kuka
Re: I Never Called For A Coup —bishop Kukah by ERockson: 11:41am On Dec 29, 2020
True talk bishop

2 Likes

Re: I Never Called For A Coup —bishop Kukah by DuBLINGreenb(m): 11:42am On Dec 29, 2020
Kukah no mind dem

2 Likes

Re: I Never Called For A Coup —bishop Kukah by jlinkd78(m): 11:42am On Dec 29, 2020
Kukah should maintain his stand cos this Govt know very well they can't attempt arrest or prefer any charge against him. The only issue here is that this wicked govt is allergic to truth and as such sees anyone not being sycophantic as their enemy and must track u to either of your religion, party affiliation or tribe thereby setting us all up amongst ourselves while they continue to pillage on our collective resources. How could this govt in all honesty be denying their nepotistic disposition when Buhari himself once justified it that he can only work with people he is close to and have known personally overtime. What else is nepotism if not choosing people close to u for particular task not minding whether they are qualified or not. What really is d hullabaloo over Kukah's frank comments if not cos we are a country that sees truth as treason

2 Likes

Re: I Never Called For A Coup —bishop Kukah by xxxtedyxxx(m): 11:42am On Dec 29, 2020
Buhari is mad.

1 Like

Re: I Never Called For A Coup —bishop Kukah by Realtord43: 11:43am On Dec 29, 2020
Sir, you own nobody an explanation to your comment.

Good people of Nigeria are calling for coup or Buhari should resign honorably. after all buhari once run coup on a govt before.

Buhari govt is incompetent and the best he can do is to resign to save the masses from hunger and insecurity.
Kukak only spoke the mind of the masses

1 Like

Re: I Never Called For A Coup —bishop Kukah by Fvckhypocrite(f): 11:49am On Dec 29, 2020
Op is a bloody bigot
*Spit*
Re: I Never Called For A Coup —bishop Kukah by Nobody: 11:49am On Dec 29, 2020
you owe no fool explanation Sir
the intelligent ones amongst us have decoded what you are trying to say
over to the govt dogs to bark as usual

2 Likes

Re: I Never Called For A Coup —bishop Kukah by Fvckhypocrite(f): 11:51am On Dec 29, 2020
Arrewa:
OK...
welcome back Barka da dawowa
Re: I Never Called For A Coup —bishop Kukah by RenaissanceGuy: 11:53am On Dec 29, 2020
I like this man's courage and fearlessness. How can 90% of security agencies be headed by northerners? That's crazy, to say the least.

2 Likes

Re: I Never Called For A Coup —bishop Kukah by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 11:55am On Dec 29, 2020
Bishop Kukah owes nobody any damned explanation, they can all go fúck themselves and commit suicide for all i care. He has spoken the truth and if you cant stand the heat, get the hell out of the kitchen cool

1 Like

Re: I Never Called For A Coup —bishop Kukah by festacman(m): 11:56am On Dec 29, 2020
By the way, FFK, Aisha Yesufu, Abubakar Gumi and host of others have said worst things but remained ignored. So why is Bishop Kukah's criticism different?

The fact is that Bishop Kukah's offence is daring to speak when he is merely of inconsequential ethnic group in Kaduna.

So, the backlash from Hausa/Fulani is not about protecting President Buhari but about putting Bishop Kukah in his place.

2 Likes

Re: I Never Called For A Coup —bishop Kukah by seborrhic: 12:09pm On Dec 29, 2020
The statement was as clear as daylight and should have been understood even by a child:
'that assuming it was a Jonathan,an Osinbajo or a Chukwuma that was ruling with the same unparalled degree of nepotism and bigotry that Buhari is showing,rumours of coup or actual coup attempts would have been ruling the air'.
I would even go as far as saying that under this type of rule by Buhari,if northern elements see that the possibility of a coup was very low,they would have been actively seeking to secede from Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: I Never Called For A Coup —bishop Kukah by 217seventeen: 12:16pm On Dec 29, 2020
[s]
Arrewa:
Kuka
[/s]

1 Like

Re: I Never Called For A Coup —bishop Kukah by 217seventeen: 12:19pm On Dec 29, 2020
[s]
Arrewa:
OK...
[/s]
Re: I Never Called For A Coup —bishop Kukah by bigeliot(m): 12:21pm On Dec 29, 2020
Worry yourself not sir.
The wicked run when no one is chasing them. Na their way. Mumu politicians

1 Like

Re: I Never Called For A Coup —bishop Kukah by adenigga(m): 12:22pm On Dec 29, 2020
xxxtedyxxx:
Buhari is mad.
Confirmed......

1 Like

Re: I Never Called For A Coup —bishop Kukah by Mynd44: 12:43pm On Dec 29, 2020

(1)

Sunday Igboho Should Be Arrested / Why FG Banned Cryptocurrency Use In Nigeria - Leaked / Igbo And Yoruba Like US And China We Just Can't Truly Be Friends

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.