Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,445 members, 7,812,346 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:03 PM

Whatsapp To Stop Working On Millions Of Phones From Jan 1st 2020 - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Whatsapp To Stop Working On Millions Of Phones From Jan 1st 2020 (322 Views)

Whatsapp To Stop Working On Millions Of Phones From January 1 / Whatsapp Is About To Stop Working On Windows And Some Android/ios Phones / ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Whatsapp To Stop Working On Millions Of Phones From Jan 1st 2020 by Olusharp(m): 11:47am On Dec 29, 2020
Popular social media application and Facebook-owned app, WhatsApp will stop working on millions of phones from January 1st 2021.

This is the latest report according to the Facebook platform.

The reports revealed that the category of WhatsApp users who use the app on an iPhone 4 or older and outdated Android handsets will be unable to use the app properly as from January 1, 2021.

This is because the Facebook-owned messaging platform will stop support for iOS 9, the OS released by Apple in 2015.

The report further revealed that people with iPhone 4 models won't be able to update to more recent software. Phone users with Android devices such as the Motorola Droid Razr and the Samsung Galaxy S2 will not be able to upgrade to the latest android version.

If you fall into this category or you are not sure, below is what you should do;

For Apple users, go to your Settings, then go to "General" and "About."

For Android phone users, go to Settings, and click on "About Phone," you will see the details about your phone on the page.

In case you are affected, the best thing to do is to backup your chats ahead of the deadline so as not lose your data altogether.

To backup your chat, go to 'Chat backup' option under Chats section in Settings.

We also advise that affected users get new phones that are compatible with WhatsApp if they want to keep enjoying the messaging app in the future.

https://adkets.com/2020/12/29/what-you-should-know-as-whatsapp-will-stop-working-on-millions-of-phones-from-jan-1st-2021/
Re: Whatsapp To Stop Working On Millions Of Phones From Jan 1st 2020 by Kunja2: 2:26pm On Dec 29, 2020
I hope this threat won't be effected sha.
Re: Whatsapp To Stop Working On Millions Of Phones From Jan 1st 2020 by hotplate: 5:35pm On Dec 29, 2020
will iphone 6+ be part of the phone thay will be barred cos am planning on getting one?
Re: Whatsapp To Stop Working On Millions Of Phones From Jan 1st 2020 by Corroro: 8:20pm On Dec 29, 2020
Omo e no go funny for many smartphone users o, I believe I am safe with my Camon 12 air sha

(1) (Reply)

XR 64gb Wwu / Power Bank / I Need A Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.