Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,786 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:23 AM

Wikiafripedia is built by people like you - Join us let's make it taller - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Wikiafripedia is built by people like you - Join us let's make it taller (1451 Views)

Join Us And Learn Some Legit Way To Make Money Online Plus SEO Course / Join Us Let's Make It Big With Adsense And Admob Plus SEO Tips / Technology For Women Should Be Built By Women Not Men - Kenyan Researcher (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wikiafripedia is built by people like you - Join us let's make it taller by Nobody: 11:52am On Dec 29, 2020
Hello Everyone!

Come, join us let's do this #together for all of us

My name is Aisha, and I will get straight-to-the points.

What we are trying to do

Firstly, We want to raise most of us (content writers/marketers) gradually in time to the same level playing ground that YouTube places the majority of vloggers (video bloggers) so that, we can focused more on creating quality articles, and not let our focus be diverted to things like: how to raise our individual domain authority or how to increase our article visibility in search to benefits from huge free organic traffic or worries like how to foot the cost for hosting and management of our individual websites. Because that would already be taken care of by us.

Why do we wanna do that?

1. We don't just want to make knowledge free and accessible, but to also give everyone who love to share knowledge the opportunity to earn from it.

2. We want to make it easy for the knowledge we share to be seen.

3. We want to give those among us who doesn't contribute to pure-charity project like Wikipedia a reason to contribute their knowledge and still keep it free.

Why you should join us

1. It's difficult to succeed online alone today, without a financial muscles of some sort. But #together we can do more than any of us can. Take the #EndSARS protest for example.

2. Knowing exactly what needs to be done to succeed online doesn't mean you can pull it off easily on your own, but it can easily be done #together. For example, every successful website has a lot of content in the right keywords, a lot of backlinks and social shares. And studies as well experience have shown that getting these ingredients alone (on your own) is very difficult but, it's easy #together. Take Wikipedia for example - no one can build such alone.

3. We have each other's back: You can do what I can't, I can do what you can't, #together we will build an unstoppable general purpose online encyclopedia that most of us will in-time make lots of money from like YouTubers. But unlike YouTubers, you will earn 100% ads/affiliate revenue.

How we're doing it

We're building another general purpose encyclopedia dubbed Wikiafripedia with attributes like Wikipedia and more - one that allows monetization - still, freely accessible.

Why must this project be anything like Wikipedia?

1. Only a general purpose encyclopedia can serves as much content writers/marketers as far as possible, and it seems only a community-based Wiki like Wikipedia or Fandom can serves our dreams but only Wikipedia core content policies would ensure that we remains relevant and up-to-date for almost forever.

2. It is important that we build this project on proven schemes than experiment things on an unpredictable systems as far as we do not trampled on copyright laws, which we haven't so far.

How sure we will succeed in this endeavour?

We will! Because we have succeeded before - we made Wikipedia what it is today.

This time, we want to make another of its kind that allows (i) all author of articles or a section of an article to monetize their contributions: (ii) access via zero-rating (Wikiafripedia Zero). That way, we may encourage more contributions from those who love sharing knowledge as well as keeping these knowledge freely accessible.

I'm interested, how can I become a partner?

It's simple, just follow these and you're in forever:

1. Sign up

2. RES (i.e., Read, Edit and Share)

3. Contribute (write your article)

4. Build backlinks to your articles on Wikiafripedia whenever the opportunity present itself.

SPEAK YOUR MIND. But...

Before you do, you might want to read the complete article - click on 'Join Wiki' in my signature to continue reading.

Cheers

3 Likes

Re: Wikiafripedia is built by people like you - Join us let's make it taller by ChiefJusticeFuc: 11:56am On Dec 29, 2020
And later have it sold to Jewgle just as wikipedia did from there they will begin redacting and deleting articles that suit their communist agenda.

No thanks.
Re: Wikiafripedia is built by people like you - Join us let's make it taller by Nobody: 12:13pm On Dec 29, 2020
ChiefJusticeFuc:
And later have it sold to Jewgle just as wikipedia did from there they will begin redacting and deleting articles that suit their communist agenda.

No thanks.

So I thought telling you that Wikiafripedia is different might not be enough, I guess I'll have to show you:

Wikiafripedia has a wiki project called 'Lazarus' where Afripedians works together to revive important articles that are believed were systematically deleted from Wikipedia. And that project have served many important articles from our region (Africa), for example: the Biographical article for the AYE President 'Summy Smart Francis' (that's the president of the largest entrepreneur organization in the world), Ramon Olorunwa Abbas (Hushpuppi) and others

Now, I want you to go to Google and type: who is summy smart francis? And see who shows up first.
Re: Wikiafripedia is built by people like you - Join us let's make it taller by OfficialAPCNig: 12:17pm On Dec 29, 2020
I am not trying to discourage you but I don't understand what you intend to you achieve by cloning Wikipedia.

It's not advisable to take on a super competitor heads-on without clearly differentiated products or services. No matter the quality of articles you pour into your Wikipedia and ads you run, people will still prefer the original Wikipedia. That's the benefit of strong branding. Consumers are fanatically loyal.

Differentiate, if not, I don't see any future here.

Note: You are even copying original Wikipedia content verbatim without reference shocked and you're deindexing the pages so that they will not catch you.

2 Likes

Re: Wikiafripedia is built by people like you - Join us let's make it taller by sweerychick(f): 12:45pm On Dec 29, 2020
Wow, I'm interested hope I get paid very well

1 Like

Re: Wikiafripedia is built by people like you - Join us let's make it taller by brunofarad(m): 2:13pm On Dec 29, 2020
Another blind copycat

Why are humans so devoid of innovation
Re: Wikiafripedia is built by people like you - Join us let's make it taller by Nobody: 2:39pm On Dec 29, 2020
I am called to reply to comments for these thread because both "Wiki-afripedia", "Aisha" "Godman"... have been blocked trying to reply, and there wasn't an external link in their reply, but I guess it because of their mention of a word, which I guess it's "Go *gle" or because they try to quote a comment and edited the quoted comment or something else. However, few days ago We told Seun that the anti-spam bot is being aggressive and he acknowledges to do something about it.

I appreciate your comment, and I will appreciate more, even though there maybe not many people to reply, but slowly I will if the spam bot permits.

The bad news would be if others accounts have also been blocked trying to reply to this thread. But I see that some people are still able to comment, may I too can.

PS.
I was just sent a proved (see attached).

4 Likes

Re: Wikiafripedia is built by people like you - Join us let's make it taller by Nobody: 3:10pm On Dec 29, 2020
Hmm, I don't know how I'm supposed to reply to each person comment without quoting it, as Aisha has strict warned me not to

I don't even know how to ping the commenters, so I will answer as they came-in (serially):

THIS COMMENT GOES TO ChiefJusticeFuc

So I thought telling you that Wiki-afripedia is different might not be enough, I guess I'll have to show you:

Wiki-afripedia has a wiki project called 'Lazarus' where Afripedians works together to revive important articles that are believed were systematically deleted from Wikipedia. And that project have served many important articles from our region (Africa), for example: the Biographical article for the AYE President 'Summy Smart Francis' (that's the president of the largest entrepreneur organization in the world - Africa's Young Entrepreneurs (AYE)), Ramon Olorunwa Abbas (Hushpuppi) and others

Now, I want you to go to Go-*gle and type: who is summy smart francis? And see who shows up first.

You will find the Wiki Project responsible for this on Wiki-afripedia, when you are there, search: Wiki-afripedia:WikiProject Lazarus

Re: Wikiafripedia is built by people like you - Join us let's make it taller by Nobody: 4:26pm On Dec 29, 2020
@ChiefJusticeFuc, Why are you sounding as if anyone owns Wiki-AFRI-pedia?
Re: Wikiafripedia is built by people like you - Join us let's make it taller by Nobody: 4:33pm On Dec 29, 2020
THIS COMMENT GOES TO: OfficialAPCNig

Nice observations however,

1. Copying Wikipedia is not a crime,

2. Anyone can copy Wikipedia for various reasons, see Wikipedia:Wikipedia fork or Wikipedia:Wikipedia fork and mirror on Wikipedia. See also EveripediaDOTcom, Everybodywiki, Wiki2DOTorg and so on... The difference is the value you add to that copy

3. Our founder is a Wikipedian with over a thousand edits, but because there's no way he could apply the monetization value on Wikipedia that's one of the reasons he founded Wikiafripedia for everyone graving for such value

4. The fact is that, you also said that we have 'deindexed' those pages we copied, but not so that we don't get caught - like I said it's not a crime.

So, why do we do it?

1. To exterminate 'red-links' in our important pages

2. To increase readers-sessions, instead of sending them off

And as he has noted, these pages won't appear in search engines and you can't monetize their traffic.

Thus only your original articles like 'Thisiswhyimbroke..com' or 'SSSniperwolf' on Wikiafripedia are indexed and you can monetize with.

Bonus

There're certain things that are tightly controlled on Wikiafripedia, like:

1. Article quality - it must be in par or surpasses Wikipedia core content policies - to ensure that we remains relevant for nearly forever.

2. Indexed pages, only original contents are indexed

3. Monetizers - only authors and article section authors are currently allowed to monetize traffic to their articles

4. Permission (user rights)

About consumer loyalty

1. Wants to know how loyal Wikipedians are? You need to go to: WikipediocracyDOTcom

2. Alternatively, go through post comments (especially) fund raising posts on the Wikipedia Facebook page.

3. Wikipedia isn't incentivizing their contributors (Wikiafripedia does!). In the world of marketing, incentives and service quality decides the rest. While in the Kong-fu world speed decides the winner. As such, we are confident that once people like you start seeing earnings testimonies, you won't wanna be left out.

4. Do you really think that any free video website, no matter how powerful it would seem could have beat YouTube till date and still not incentivize its contributors?

About branding

1. It was intensional choosing the title 'Wikiafripedia' so that if a searcher doesn't something like: summy smart francis wikipedia , we will show up as no.1 because Wikipedia doesn't have that page, and if it does like on: list of people from ebonyi state , we show it also, in this case as no.2 or as the search engine see fit. Try it!

2. Many writers around the world are already used to Wikipedia edit interface - we don't want them to start learning something new, plus it is robust for both peer-peer edits and reviews

3. We have already explained that, the development from scratch of a website of this caliber was very expensive so, We adopted a website software that meets most of our needs out-of-the box. We also, adopted their core content policies, and all we've adopted so far are free from copyright laws.

Re: Wikiafripedia is built by people like you - Join us let's make it taller by Nobody: 4:49pm On Dec 29, 2020
THIS COMMENT GOES TO: Sweerchick

When you write an original detailed article on Wikiafripedia, it's is ranked no.1 on Go *gle for their keyword, for example "who is summy smart Francis?"

It happens on every other search engines too. For example if you go to Bing, DuckDuckGo, Yahoo or Yandex and ask: what is thisiswhyimbroke? Wikiafripedia is no.1

Don't ask me how they do it - I don't know, I'm only a contributor. But that's how it is for a well written article.

If Wikipedia have the exact article, Wikiafripedia is ranked no.2 on Google, that's how it is for a well written article.

They have over 3,000 likes on Facebook but there are still rooms for people like you. Go ahead a start contributing, we are not the first startup that would meet resistance, we will not be the first to pull it off #together.

Re: Wikiafripedia is built by people like you - Join us let's make it taller by Nobody: 5:01pm On Dec 29, 2020
THIS COMMENT GOES TO: Brunofarad

I think you need to look at the meaning of the word "innovation" again, because that's exactly what we are doing, and Russia will be doing the same thing in 2023. Ask Google or Yandex: is Russia planning their own version of Wikipedia?

Back to the meaning of innovation NOT Invention like you thought. According to Miriam Webster: Innovation entails a new method of doing what is known already; a new product to substitute for what is available etc...

We are innovating upon Wikipedia - How?

1. We have already an online encyclopedia that doesn't incentivize it contributors, Wikiafripedia is about to change that. So that people can benefit from where they spent their time sharing constructively what they know with the world.

2. Wikiafripedia is also like Quora, with the introduction of a Q/A section in all its original articles; see example in their articles 'SSSniperwolf'

3. Wikiafripedia is also incooperating social sharing buttons, Wikipedia doesn't have them

4. Wikiafripedia is also introducing a store section on every of it original articles, where you will be shown where you can purchase the exact replica of a article subject collections. And more...

5. Wikiafripedia is notifying it readers of new articles via mails and sending out Dialy Digest like Quora.

Isn't these innovations upon Wikipedia that isn't doing any of these?

What we hope to do

Whereas Wikipedia gives out the Afripedia Project Resources (Wikipedia is downloaded into USB drives) to our partnering universities probably because many Westerners believes regions like ours might not have sufficient internet to access the encyclopedia online; this contents gets outdated quickly, like Microsoft Encarter. We hope to do better by offering a free-from-data URL in the future, like the free Facebook. Because we know better: We understand that there's enough internet services in Africa but, data subscription or services charge is our challenge. And it's unfortunate that no encyclopedias currently offer our students free access to their up-to-date contents for learning, but readily offers us free access to social channels.

Re: Wikiafripedia is built by people like you - Join us let's make it taller by OfficialAPCNig: 5:04pm On Dec 29, 2020
Wiki3:

Nice observations however,

1. Copying Wikipedia is not a crime,

2. Anyone can copy Wikipedia for various reasons, see Wikipedia:Wikipedia fork or Wikipedia:Wikipedia fork and mirror on Wikipedia. See also EveripediaDOTcom, Everybodywiki, Wiki2DOTorg and so on... The difference is the value you add to that copy

3. Our founder is a Wikipedian with over a thousand edits, but because there's no way he could apply the monetization value on Wikipedia that's one of the reasons he founded Wikiafripedia for everyone graving for such value

4. The fact is that, you also said that we have 'deindexed' those pages we copied, but not so that we don't get caught - like I said it's not a crime.

So, why do we do it?

1. To exterminate 'red-links' in our important pages

2. To increase readers-sessions, instead of sending them off

And as he has noted, these pages won't appear in search engines and you can't monetize their traffic.

Thus only your original articles like 'Thisiswhyimbroke..com' or 'SSSniperwolf' on Wikiafripedia are indexed and you can monetize with.

Bonus

There're certain things that are tightly controlled on Wikiafripedia, like:

1. Article quality - it must be in par or surpasses Wikipedia core content policies - to ensure that we remains relevant for nearly forever.

2. Indexed pages, only original contents are indexed

3. Monetizers - only authors and article section authors are currently allowed to monetize traffic to their articles

4. Permission (user rights)

About consumer loyalty

1. Wants to know how loyal Wikipedians are? You need to go to: WikipediocracyDOTcom

2. Alternatively, go through post comments (especially) fund raising posts on the Wikipedia Facebook page.

3. Wikipedia isn't incentivizing their contributors (Wikiafripedia does!). In the world of marketing, incentives and service quality decides the rest. While in the Kong-fu world speed decides the winner. As such, we are confident that once people like you start seeing earnings testimonies, you won't wanna be left out.

4. Do you really think that any free video website, no matter how powerful it would seem could have beat YouTube till date and still not incentivize its contributors?

About branding

1. It was intensional choosing the title 'Wikiafripedia' so that if a searcher doesn't something like: summy smart francis wikipedia , we will show up as no.1 because Wikipedia doesn't have that page, and if it does like on: list of people from ebonyi state , we show it also, in this case as no.2 or as the search engine see fit. Try it!

2. Many writers around the world are already used to Wikipedia edit interface - we don't want them to start learning something new, plus it is robust for both peer-peer edits and reviews

3. We have already explained that, the development from scratch of a website of this caliber was very expensive so, We adopted a website software that meets most of our needs out-of-the box. We also, adopted their core content policies, and all we've adopted so far are free from copyright laws.

1. Using Wikipedia content the way you are doing is unethical.

2. Cloning your competitors' product in entirety is a crime.

3. Wikipedia had over 1 billion traffic in Nov, doing exactly what they doing is a recipe for failure. They have build up enough credibility and authority that it is impossible to displace them.

4. The only way to incur into their space is CLEAR differentiation.

5. Your website has the same feel like Wikipedia. A lot of people will see it as fake or phishy.

6. Telegram is doing great today. Do you think it would have if it has the same color, interface and Layout like WhatsApp?

7. I was impressed when I read your post here. What I wanted to comment was "Impressive. Please advertise this to reach more people" until I visited the site and saw Wikipedia with a different name.

I was sad.

I opened some of your articles "Encyclopedia, Nigeria, Ebonyi, Afikpo North, Afikpo South" to see where the links are pointing to and you are pointing them back to your site.

How do you copy some one's hard work and pass it as yours.

If I were you, I would create mine as an improvement on Wikipedia. I will create articles on Wikipedia red links and find a way to point them to mine.

That's if Wikipedia will even allow you do that.

2 Likes

Re: Wikiafripedia is built by people like you - Join us let's make it taller by OfficialAPCNig: 5:13pm On Dec 29, 2020
Wiki3 nobody is saying you guys are not innovative. What we are saying is at least differentiate from other guys.

Don't use the same color like them nah.
Re: Wikiafripedia is built by people like you - Join us let's make it taller by Nobody: 6:39pm On Dec 29, 2020

I can understand that you just don like the look-alike and feel-alike, concerning that, let me inform you that in the near-future, Wikiafripedia is projected to go with two themes (the current theme and a dark theme - the dark theme will be default), there's already a gadget to change the look individually but we want to make it global. But we don't plan on redesigning things from scratch or severely altering the MediaWiki software like Quora have done, because we do not have the financial muscles to do it yet, back we may in the future. Even Quora didn't really alter it at the outset, but start slowly in 2009.

The goodnews is that many people (you inclusive) have acknowledged that our ideas are sound. That's all we need to succeed and you will see we will.

In today's world, identifing what needs to be done (critical thinking) is more important for success than how it should be done (technical thinking). Because automation will soon take over the technical aspects. If we have deep pockets, sure we will do a lot of changes. You and I know that if Wikipedia was like what we are proposing, it's won't have 6million articles (and declining) after 20years, and it won't be less reliable.

Concerning Wikipedia traffic stats

We are just starting out, but I'm confident that we will surpass it in-time. Because, Why do most people contribute to Wikipedia?

1. The most important reason is visibility,

2. second by a feeling of being on an authority site that many thinks is not easy to be accepted in.

Guess which of the two we are interested in? The first of course because it is what gives birth to the second. But guess what? We're already gaining traction on it. How?

When you write an original detailed article on Wikiafripedia, it's is ranked no.1 on Go *gle for their keyword, for example "who is summy smart Francis?"

It happens on every other search engines too. For example if you go to Bing, DuckDuckGo, Yahoo or Yandex and ask: what is thisiswhyimbroke? Wikiafripedia is no.1

Don't ask me how they do it - I don't know, I'm only a contributor. But that's how it is for a well written article.

If Wikipedia have the exact article, Wikiafripedia is ranked no.2 on Google, that's how it is for a well written article. For example: list of people from ebonyi state.

Now, let's be more clear

1. You said: "Using Wikipedia content the way you are doing is unethical."

Where is it written?

This is one of the reasons we adopted Wikipedia core content policies (verifiability), so that people don't just say what they feel in articles.

Because from what we know till date, most things about Wikipedia is published under CC-BY-SA 3.0 and more recently 4.0 and most files are under the GFDL Licenses. And in summary these licenses says: (a)share our copy contents alike (like you copy from us - under the same license even if you modified them), (b)you can copy our contents and use it for profit, but you are not permitted to sell them(directly, because you copied them free or put a copyright in them even after modifications) but you may sell traffic to them(indirectly). That's exactly what Wikiafripedia is doing, publishing its content under the exact same licenses.

2. You said: "Cloning your competitors' product in entirety is a crime."

We didn't clone Wikipedia, we simply use the same softwares - it is a free and open source software like WordPress called MediaWiki. See Wikiafripedia:Special version. Anyone can use it, aboutDOTcom uses it; quoraDOTcome uses it, so does hundred of thousand of other websites, modified or unmodified. For a full list of websites that uses MediaWiki, see: wikiapiaryDOTorg and you will see that we are not the only one that look like Wikipedia and still succeed. The good thing is, our ideas are sound.

3. You said: "Wikipedia had over 1 billion traffic in Nov, doing exactly what they doing is a recipe for failure. They have build up enough credibility and authority that it is impossible to displace them."

From our experience, most things that were impossible 100years or even 10years ago are now possible. We think the word 'impossible' just like 'God' is mostly used by shortsighted people. This is one of the reasons Elon Musk left South Africa and rarely look back.

Secondly, quite the contrary, when you do exactly what someone is already doing and succeeded immensely, chances are that, you too will succeed, even though it might not be immensely, but most of the time it would be, unless you are not even doing it like who you are copying, let alone surpassing her in problem solving. For example, see China, people like you said to her forty years ago that she were a copy-cat, and they said, why not join us, we will improve in-time, we just need to start solving these problems of expensive products and manufacturing speed, but you said No o, I want to be very original. Today, where are you and where is China?

Another example:

But what exactly are we saying. Are we saying if people get involves with Wikiafripedia, writes good articles, share them and create backlinks to them, it's won't ranked on search engines, people will not read it, so that the writers won't make money? Have you tried and it's like that?

Look, if you published a good article on Wikiafripedia and after one month it doesn't rank on the first page of Go *gle for it keywords, you may quit! But first you will have to try something, if you don't, you will never, not until you start hearing testimonies.

Did Wikipedia not displaced Britannica and Encarter? Wikiafripedia is Not Google+!

4. You said: "The only way to incur into their space is CLEAR differentiation."

We are!

- When you see ads you'll know you're on Wikiafripedia

- When you see FAQs section, you'll know...

- When you see a Store section in articles, you will know...

- You will know, when you read a more detailed article of African or South-East Asian origin like the page about: Seun Osewa.

- When you start earning revenue for your articles, you will want to tell your friend where she should be spending their writing time. All this talks is because you have not received a testimony yet, but I'm confident someone will have them in 2021.

5. You said: "Your website has the same feel like Wikipedia. A lot of people will see it as fake or phishy."

- They will know it's not fake when they start seeing it on the first pages of Google SERP

- They will know is not fake when you found in it the information you were searching for

- They will know is not fake when we will celebrate 5years and continuing... Time will tell the rest. Even Wikipedia meet resistance when it was just starting out.

6. You said: "Telegram is doing great today. Do you think it would have if it has the same color, interface and Layout like WhatsApp?"

Yes!

Like I told you at the outset, the key is not on how it's done, looks... but on what problem it solves.

- Telegram is Cloud-base
- WhatsApp is device-based

Their looks matters less. If you think I'm mistaken, go to WikipediocracyDOTcom Forum and search for everypedia announcement of everypedia2 design. They were lambasted for not really solving any problem but redesigning Wikipedia. And like you, one of their admin says, it is the looks that metters. Is it? Had Telegram redesigned WhatsApp without solving a problem, do you think it'd survive? But I say to you that it would survive solving only problems without even a redesign because, anyone with deep pockets can (after seeing value) decides to fund the changes in looks, the core values remains untouched.

That too can happen to Wikiafripedia but we won't wait for the changes in looks before showing the world our true intent.

7. You said: "...How do you copy some one's hard work and pass it as yours."

Short answer: Because they said you can copy it and improve upon it and share alike.

Remember when we said at the outset that we haven't trampled on any copyright laws - we meant it. And if you think otherwise, show us you evidence or write to Lumen and DMCA for actions.

We're not scared because we really really know exactly what we are doing.

PS.
Some people are commenting as if Wikiafripedia is a personal project that is own by someone. It is important to know that Wikiafripedia founder isn't benefiting from the project, and doesn't own it. Wikiafripedia is owned by all of its partners, and only articles authors and authors of a section of an article can monetize and earn from the project.

Re: Wikiafripedia is built by people like you - Join us let's make it taller by ChiefJusticeFuc: 8:10pm On Dec 29, 2020
Wiki3:
@ChiefJusticeFuc, Why are you sounding as if anyone owns Wiki-AFRI-pedia?

Because that's how wikipedia started until the owner cashed out big and sold the site to Jewgle.

He used free labour and charity to build his website before selling it off .

Build your own content.

At least over here we shitpost for free and not for some greater good bs.

Nobody should ever waste their time and talent building any useless site under the pretext of charity or on a slave wage stipend only for the admin to sell it off and start claiming banana island lifestyle .

The energy I will spend on you I can do it on my own terms and time

The only reason I am here on NL is because I sample the stupidity of the average Nigerian for free.
Re: Wikiafripedia is built by people like you - Join us let's make it taller by Nobody: 9:19pm On Dec 29, 2020
THIS COMMENT GOES TO: ChiefJusticeFuc

You still don't get it, do you?

There's Nothing such thing as I AM THE OWNER OF WIKIAFRIPEDIA, every user are the owner of their articles and Wikiafripedia is made by all of its user who are like partners, because the more articles you have, may translate to more traffic and more revenue to you. And if there was a way to evaluate the entire worth of the site base on each author earning (which there isn't, because we deregulated monetization, so that an author can monetize with her personal ads account, but we can tell how much traffic a post receives), that individual would holds a greater percentage of that worth, and it may not even be the founder. Even if the person is the founder or related to him, it is very unlikely that a change in the organization that oversees the encyclopedia project would affects the benefits it contributors are deriving from it. Instead it should boost it.

Well, I won't speak for Godman, but I think he's mostly interested in getting more ideas out of people than developing and selling stuffs.

Wikiafripedia is self-governing (though Not an experiment in Democracy or Arnachy), but you need to read Wikiafripedia:Seven pillars.

By the way, has Seun sold NL?, has YouTube been sold yet? But Vloggers are monetizing and earning from their videos continuing. Where did you get the idea that Wikipedia has been sold to Jewgle (Go *gle)? Any reliable source for that claim?

How much traffic can a Afripedian expect if people get really involved with Wikiafripedia?

I don't know, but here is an idea from a charity website that works in a similar way, which was also built in a similar way (by people getting involved):

Now, imagine for a minute what it would means if Wikipedia decides today that you may monetize your content there if you want with both display ads and affiliate links...

Let me help, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't think about it yourself: On average the website receives about 640million traffic daily, the homepage alone receives about 15million hits a day. If you had written about a hundred articles before the announcement, you won't fall short of 300,000hits a month, which is not less than $1000 revenue however you do the math. Yet you don't borther about hosting cost, website management and so on.

I tell you what? We can build something like that #together. All it takes is a collective efforts of like minds like us to share and concentrate our knowledge in one place, instead of wasting our time and resources trying to create something personal alone, which may not work considering that there are over 2billion websites out there already, that's about 3persons per website, even if all of humanity were to have access to the web.

Also, there are opportunity for a spike in your earnings depending on the kind of articles you writes and how well they've been developed. For example: After the death of Chadwick_Boseman, the remarkable actor known for playing the superhero Black_Panther, people visited Wikipedia nearly 13 million times to learn about his life and accomplishments. It became the second-most viewed article in all of August.

Again, imagine for a minute how much the author of that article would have made via ads and affiliate links if s/he could monetize it like you could on Wikiafripedia and if We could work #together to make Wikiafripedia commands such traffic in time?

Quite recently, Diego Maradona, regarded as one of the greatest football players of all time, died on 25 November. His article on 'Spanish Wikipedia' was viewed more than three million times following his death. It was the largest such spike to occur in any single month of 2020. Can you guess how much views its English version got?

If this was Wikiafripedia, the article author would be smiling.

I won't tell you about articles like 2020 US Presidential Election or COVID-19 pandemic as you might not believed us. But you can check them out yourself on qzDOTcom.

But I tell you what? Wikiafripedia can be made to command this sort of traffic in time! I mean, who made Wikipedia what it is today? You and I. Yes, it is us who made it.

You said: "Nobody should ever waste their time and talent building any useless site under the pretext of charity or on a slave wage stipend only for the admin to sell it off and start claiming banana island lifestyle ."

DOES IT STILL SOUNDS LIKE 'SLAVE WAGE STIPEND'? I don't think your job even pay that much.

You said: "The energy I will spend on you I can do it on my own terms and time"

YOU CANNOT BUILD A SITE LIKE Wikipedia on your own, but #together - easily.

PS.
Attached is a revenue report of neilpatelDOTcom, a friend of mine, NEVER LOOK AT YOUR CONTRIBUTIONS TO Wikipedia AS WORTHLESS. If there were contributed on a website you could monetize, you might not need another job.

1 Like

Re: Wikiafripedia is built by people like you - Join us let's make it taller by GMBuhari: 10:12pm On Dec 29, 2020
I thought i was being targeted, one small comment and antispam has put me on lockdown

i am not paranoid , i have seen lots of bullcrap from moderators supporting LiePod agenda, several times over the years

ledem better fix that bot
Umoeka:
I am called to reply to comments for these thread because both "Wiki-afripedia", "Aisha" "Godman"... have been blocked trying to reply, and there wasn't an external link in their reply, but I guess it because of their mention of a word, which I guess it's "Go *gle" or because they try to quote a comment and edited the quoted comment or something else. However, few days ago We told Seun that the anti-spam bot is being aggressive and he acknowledges to do something about it.

I appreciate your comment, and I will appreciate more, even though there maybe not many people to reply, but slowly I will if the spam bot permits.

The bad news would be if others accounts have also been blocked trying to reply to this thread. But I see that some people are still able to comment, may I too can.

PS.
I was just sent a proved (see attached).
Re: Wikiafripedia is built by people like you - Join us let's make it taller by Nobody: 11:22pm On Dec 29, 2020
sweerychick:
Wow, I'm interested hope I get paid very well

I replied your comment above.
Re: Wikiafripedia is built by people like you - Join us let's make it taller by Nobody: 11:44pm On Dec 29, 2020
brunofarad:
Another blind copycat

Why are humans so devoid of innovation

I replied your comment above.
Re: Wikiafripedia is built by people like you - Join us let's make it taller by Nobody: 12:16am On Dec 30, 2020
ChiefJusticeFuc:

Because that's how wikipedia started until the owner cashed out big and sold the site to Jewgle.

He used free labour and charity to build his website before selling it off .

Build your own content.

At least over here we shitpost for free and not for some greater good bs.

Nobody should ever waste their time and talent building any useless site under the pretext of charity or on a slave wage stipend only for the admin to sell it off and start claiming banana island lifestyle .

The energy I will spend on you I can do it on my own terms and time

The only reason I am here on NL is because I sample the stupidity of the average Nigerian for free.

Don't worry my friend, that won't happen.

Get involved let's Project Africa to the world.

2 Likes

Re: Wikiafripedia is built by people like you - Join us let's make it taller by Mide3367: 7:36am On Dec 31, 2020
Let's get started already

2 Likes

Re: Wikiafripedia is built by people like you - Join us let's make it taller by Nobody: 12:56pm On Jan 10, 2021
We just turned on HitCounters today January 9, 2021 at 12:17GMT - take a peep (see how your pages are performing) at https://en.wikiafripedia.org/wiki/Special:PopularPages

This shots were taken shortly after turn-on.

Re: Wikiafripedia is built by people like you - Join us let's make it taller by Nobody: 9:01pm On Jan 15, 2021
Re: Wikiafripedia is built by people like you - Join us let's make it taller by EmmaxKeys: 11:18pm On Jan 15, 2021
Interesting thread. Na this kinda work dey exploit Nigerians. Sadly, we know that this nature of job is exploitative but we still do it, because some of us don't have alternatives.

Students in school wan make money, so they would see opportunity to write articles, read news, comment, and earn - and they would try it out. Same thing with graduates with no job. Las Las, only few will benefit, the rest would waste their time and effort. For me, I would never try this again. I can only contribute for free on your website, if I have the time.

The most painful part - you earn peanuts.

After they've gotten the required number of articles, they may not need the service of contributors again, or they may put an end to the option for contributors to earn. It would strictly be free service like Wikipedia, yet the owners make money.

It's common for businesses to start off with simple and friendly rules in order to gain traction quickly.

In the beginning, they make it look like you own the site with them - we all know this is a joke.

Anyways, good luck. grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Do I Create A Blog And Monetize It / Brand New Web-universe: Naija Exclusive / How To Copyright Post From Other Blogs Without Giving Credits

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 128
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.