Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,336 members, 7,811,978 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:54 AM

Help My Land Lady Give Me 3 Months Quit Notice While My Rent Is Till Running - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Help My Land Lady Give Me 3 Months Quit Notice While My Rent Is Till Running (2467 Views)

I was Served An Eviction Notice While My Rent Hasn't Expired. Please Help / Our Tenant Refuses To Vacate Our Apartment After About 10 Months Quit Notice! / Will A Tenant Pay During His 3 Or 6 Months Quit Notice? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help My Land Lady Give Me 3 Months Quit Notice While My Rent Is Till Running by OLisaMacaulay(m): 6:16pm On Dec 29, 2020
Pleas lawyer in the house I need your help, my house rent will expire on April 2021 while my land lady give me three months quit notice to vacate the building.

She wickedly removed the security guard in the building and decided to rent out the security House,
All the tenant in the building protested her action but she arrogantly said that it is her house that she can do anything
surprisedly today she send quit notice letter to me.

I need legal advice on what to do.

Re: Help My Land Lady Give Me 3 Months Quit Notice While My Rent Is Till Running by Kamdil: 6:20pm On Dec 29, 2020
You have nothing to panick about. Your rent expires April and not march.

She is supposed to give you 6 months notice from the time your rent is supposed to expire and not 3 months. That is ,if you are a yearly tenants.

1 Like

Re: Help My Land Lady Give Me 3 Months Quit Notice While My Rent Is Till Running by OlayemiAshraf(m): 6:21pm On Dec 29, 2020
Shebi you have receipts you received from her when you paid for the room... No mind her she's just playing around
Re: Help My Land Lady Give Me 3 Months Quit Notice While My Rent Is Till Running by Freestainworld(m): 6:28pm On Dec 29, 2020
You sleep with the woman pikin?
Re: Help My Land Lady Give Me 3 Months Quit Notice While My Rent Is Till Running by Omihanifa: 6:31pm On Dec 29, 2020
The law say tenant should be given 6 month's notice.

But Guy I will advice you to just leave the premises for her. Tho its painful because you didn't plan for this. ( Stress of house hunting) but for peace to reign just vacate her house.

Some of these landlords & landladies can go to any length to achieve their aim.
Don't wait for the situation to go messy or diabolical before you go commot for there.

Have even heard of a case whereby a tenant refuses to pack out because of this 3 months notice issue and he started using his head to pack cobwebs every morning when he opens his front door ( small gate that leads to his entrance)

But if I may ask why did she give only you the quit notice?
Re: Help My Land Lady Give Me 3 Months Quit Notice While My Rent Is Till Running by dawnomike(m): 6:32pm On Dec 29, 2020
When your rent expires... tell her to take you to court or she should give the ideal 6 months notice. Only try this if she's not a mad Landlady that will involve thugs or police to harass you.

Remember: Safety First
Re: Help My Land Lady Give Me 3 Months Quit Notice While My Rent Is Till Running by freetheking: 6:35pm On Dec 29, 2020
OLisaMacaulay:
Pleas lawyer in the house I need your help, my house rent will expire on April 2021 while my land lady give me three months quit notice to vacate the building.

She wickedly removed the security guard in the building and decided to rent out the security House,
All the tenant in the building protested her action but she arrogantly said that it is her house that she can do anything
surprisedly today she send quit notice letter to me.

I need legal advice on what to do.
You need not to be worryfor the facts that you have the receipt of the of payments.But then,men should be very very careful renting apartment belonging to a woman at times they can do unthinkable things

1 Like

Re: Help My Land Lady Give Me 3 Months Quit Notice While My Rent Is Till Running by OLisaMacaulay(m): 6:36pm On Dec 29, 2020
I am yearly tenant

Kamdil:
You have nothing to panick about. Your rent expires April and not march.

She is supposed to give you 6 months notice from the time your rent is supposed to expire and not 3 months. That is ,if you are a yearly tenants.
Re: Help My Land Lady Give Me 3 Months Quit Notice While My Rent Is Till Running by OLisaMacaulay(m): 6:37pm On Dec 29, 2020
Her husband just died one year ago

freetheking:
You need not to be worryfor the facts that you have the receipt of the of payments.But then,men should be very very careful renting apartment belonging to a woman at times they can do unthinkable things
Re: Help My Land Lady Give Me 3 Months Quit Notice While My Rent Is Till Running by OLisaMacaulay(m): 6:39pm On Dec 29, 2020
Not only.me
Omihanifa:
The law say tenant should be given 6 month's notice. But Guy I will advice you to just leave the premises for her. Tho its painful because you didn't plan for this. ( Stress of house hunting) but for peace to reign just vacate her house.

Some of these landlords & landladies can go to any length to achieve their aim. Don't wait for the situation to go messy or diabolical before you go commot for there.

But if I may ask why did she give only you the quit notice?

Re: Help My Land Lady Give Me 3 Months Quit Notice While My Rent Is Till Running by freetheking: 6:48pm On Dec 29, 2020
OLisaMacaulay:
Her husband just died one year ago

She is in need of cash but not knowing the appropriate way to approach you.
Re: Help My Land Lady Give Me 3 Months Quit Notice While My Rent Is Till Running by keeper303: 10:42pm On Dec 29, 2020
OLisaMacaulay:
Not only.me

Although the tenancy law stipulates that 6months notice is required to be given to a yearly tenant, if the tenancy agreement both the tenant and landlord signed stipulates 3months notice as adequate, then the quit notice is properly served. That is my layman's submission.
Re: Help My Land Lady Give Me 3 Months Quit Notice While My Rent Is Till Running by adaolisa29165: 11:14pm On Dec 29, 2020
:Her husband just died one year agoShe is in need of cash but not knowing the appropriate way to approach you.
Re: Help My Land Lady Give Me 3 Months Quit Notice While My Rent Is Till Running by Laurel351(f): 2:48pm On May 25, 2021
Her husband just died one year ago, she's in need of cash not knowing the appropriate way to approach you

(1) (Reply)

Buy Sharp Sand, Plaster Sand, Granite and Cement At Good Price / Terrace House For Sale @ Yaba / Cost Of Epoxy Flooring Vs Tiling In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.