Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,004 members, 7,817,969 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:30 AM

THROWBACK: In 2014 Bishop Kukah Criticised Nigerians For Criticising Government - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / THROWBACK: In 2014 Bishop Kukah Criticised Nigerians For Criticising Government (1660 Views)

Governor Ganduje Suspends Salihu Yakasai For Criticising Buhari Over #EndSARS / Yahuza Tijjani Remanded In Prison For Criticising Kabiru Isma’il On Facebook / Bolouere Opukiri: Lady Sacked For Criticising Osinbajo & Aisha Buhari Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: THROWBACK: In 2014 Bishop Kukah Criticised Nigerians For Criticising Government by emmykingzy: 8:47pm On Dec 29, 2020
In the words of Senator Shehu Sani -

"Leave The Kukah In Sokoto And Fight The Bandits In Your Shokoto"

TRUTH IS BITTER.
Re: THROWBACK: In 2014 Bishop Kukah Criticised Nigerians For Criticising Government by nettpen: 8:56pm On Dec 29, 2020
tesppidd:
That is far from the point.

The point of this post is to point out the hypocrisy of Kukah.

Why didn't he blast Jonathan at the height of Boko Haram?

Why not open another thread and talk about the uselessness and failure of Buhari?

BBOG founder, Yesufu that criticized GEJ's government & her attempt to criticize Buhar's government, what did you people do to her?

This government is useless to the bone, no excuse.
Re: THROWBACK: In 2014 Bishop Kukah Criticised Nigerians For Criticising Government by chrisblack: 9:03pm On Dec 29, 2020
Stalwert:
THROWBACK: In 2014 Bishop Kukah Criticised Nigerians For Criticising Government Calling Them Cynics

Nigerians love to criticize their country perhaps far more than any nation I know of in the world. Yes, we have all earned the right to be cynical and even contemptible about the way we have been governed, and about how the resources of our nation have been frittered away mindlessly.

“I am even more amused by the criticisms of some of our brethren in the Diaspora especially those who think that simply being abroad has set them apart from their fellow countrymen and women, those who believe that those of us who are here are so because we are not good enough to be abroad.

“… It is about time we took off the gloves and speak honestly to ourselves about our future as a country, our mistakes, our fears, anxieties and deep hope. We are not the worst people on earth nor is our country the worst piece of God’s real estate. We have to seize this narrative and re-define ourselves…

[b]The measure of the greatness of a people or even individuals is based on how or where they stand in moments of trials and tribulations. Nigeria is going through such a phase now. Since the outbreak of the tragedy that is Boko Haram, one has seen another side of our citizens that is quite tragic. Rather than trying to stand together to rise beyond this in hope together, I find some of my fellow citizens creating more confusion and using the insurgency as weapons of politics.

“…The President and the security agencies have become the objects of attacks and vilification and yet, there is very little that is being done to point at the way forward. I know that as day follows night, we shall pull out of this tragedy that we face as a nation. But the least we can do is to stand in the comforts of highways and homes that someone else constructed and thrown stones at ourselves and our people simply because we are living off someone else’s sweat.”

Bishop Mathew Hassan Kukah speaking at a lecture organized by the members of the Pyrates Confraternity to mark the 80th Birthday anniversary of Nigeria’s Nobel Laureate, Professor Wole Soyinka in 2014. [/b]

https://dailyconcordnews.com/2020/12/27/throwback-in-2014-bishop-kukah-criticised-nigerians-for-criticising-government-calling-them-cynics/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Cc. Mynd44 lalasticala
I guess you didn't read what you post properly.did you attend Mai mangoro secondary school?
Re: THROWBACK: In 2014 Bishop Kukah Criticised Nigerians For Criticising Government by powerkey: 9:49pm On Dec 29, 2020
Stalwert:
THROWBACK: In 2014 Bishop Kukah Criticised Nigerians For Criticising Government Calling Them Cynics

Nigerians love to criticize their country perhaps far more than any nation I know of in the world. Yes, we have all earned the right to be cynical and even contemptible about the way we have been governed, and about how the resources of our nation have been frittered away mindlessly.

“I am even more amused by the criticisms of some of our brethren in the Diaspora especially those who think that simply being abroad has set them apart from their fellow countrymen and women, those who believe that those of us who are here are so because we are not good enough to be abroad.

“… It is about time we took off the gloves and speak honestly to ourselves about our future as a country, our mistakes, our fears, anxieties and deep hope. We are not the worst people on earth nor is our country the worst piece of God’s real estate. We have to seize this narrative and re-define ourselves…

[b]The measure of the greatness of a people or even individuals is based on how or where they stand in moments of trials and tribulations. Nigeria is going through such a phase now. Since the outbreak of the tragedy that is Boko Haram, one has seen another side of our citizens that is quite tragic. Rather than trying to stand together to rise beyond this in hope together, I find some of my fellow citizens creating more confusion and using the insurgency as weapons of politics.

“…The President and the security agencies have become the objects of attacks and vilification and yet, there is very little that is being done to point at the way forward. I know that as day follows night, we shall pull out of this tragedy that we face as a nation. But the least we can do is to stand in the comforts of highways and homes that someone else constructed and thrown stones at ourselves and our people simply because we are living off someone else’s sweat.”

Bishop Mathew Hassan Kukah speaking at a lecture organized by the members of the Pyrates Confraternity to mark the 80th Birthday anniversary of Nigeria’s Nobel Laureate, Professor Wole Soyinka in 2014. [/b]

https://dailyconcordnews.com/2020/12/27/throwback-in-2014-bishop-kukah-criticised-nigerians-for-criticising-government-calling-them-cynics/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Cc. Mynd44 lalasticala

Though your source is very corrupt like you, Buhari, Tinubu and the rest, however i want you to compare the price of rice then and now, then tell us the difference...

Goats who criticised Jonathan are even expected to crucify Buhari for the over 600% increase in the price of commodities in the market.
Re: THROWBACK: In 2014 Bishop Kukah Criticised Nigerians For Criticising Government by Afamed: 10:42pm On Dec 29, 2020
Only hypocrite speaks with 2 sides of his mouth

1 Like 1 Share

Re: THROWBACK: In 2014 Bishop Kukah Criticised Nigerians For Criticising Government by Tumbulum: 10:51pm On Dec 29, 2020
Stalwert:
[s][/s]

This one is a born of ignoramus, do even know what CDS is ? Get out of here, people like this have bastardize nairaland as a place where ignorance reign supreme. Buratai is not Fulani but you are here yapping garbage. Find your fellow garbage talkers don't come here making senseless noise.
paid agent trying to twist the narrative. Its visible to the blind that the jihadist who is your president is pursuing an ethnic agenda. Shove your lies to your ass and get the hell outta here
Re: THROWBACK: In 2014 Bishop Kukah Criticised Nigerians For Criticising Government by Nobody: 12:00am On Dec 30, 2020
Tumbulum:
buhari is nepotistic.get that into your head and get lost. Never have it happened in the history of Nigeria that all heads of security agents is in hands of fulanis. No wonder fulanis are on rampage killing people and no one is touching them nor even thinking of prosecuting them.
Please understand North before u spit lies. Only COAS. Abubakar Sadiq is Fulani among all the service chiefs.
If u want to know wether the Fulani bandits are being killed or not don't waste ur time on ur sentimental news outlets I advise u to follow the updates of DCP Abba Kyari on YouTube for more information.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: THROWBACK: In 2014 Bishop Kukah Criticised Nigerians For Criticising Government by Tumbulum: 12:56am On Dec 30, 2020
Coronabirus:
Please understand North before u spit lies. Only COAS. Abubakar Sadiq is Fulani among all the service chiefs.
If u want to know wether the Fulani bandits are being killed or not don't waste ur time on ur sentimental news outlets I advise u to follow the updates of DCP Abba Kyari on YouTube for more information.
bla bla bla.in your small mind only the north is good in security. Get outa here hellish zombie. We can now see how good they are in security job.
Don't worry the table will soon turn around and Una Bleep up will be well treated.enjoy supremacy while it last.
Re: THROWBACK: In 2014 Bishop Kukah Criticised Nigerians For Criticising Government by Stalwert: 2:43pm On Dec 31, 2020
Coronabirus:

Don't waste your bandwidth on a compound ignoramus.

1 Like

Re: THROWBACK: In 2014 Bishop Kukah Criticised Nigerians For Criticising Government by juman(m): 2:53pm On Dec 31, 2020
You see.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Compensate Fulani Herders Attacked In Oyo Immediately, MURIC Tells Makinde, PMB / Throwback:Gani Fawehinmi Claims Was Attacked By Tinubu Thugs Over Forgery Case / Here Is My AK-47: Man Says In Support Of Peter Obi In Kaduna (pix, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.