Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,227 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:02 AM

Why Has Gtb Bank Refused To Refund My Money? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why Has Gtb Bank Refused To Refund My Money? (1592 Views)

I Was Duped By A Whatsapp TV. How I Recovered My Money / Jumia Are Fraudsters. They Refused To Refund My Money Since August / Lady destroys iPhone 7+ because her boyfriend refused to buy her iPhone XS Max. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Has Gtb Bank Refused To Refund My Money? by Nobody: 7:31pm On Dec 29, 2020
On the 24th of December, I was out of data and I wanted to buy from my gtb ba k mobile app; but I had no data to log on. So, I used the ussd code and the transaction was unsuccessful but my account was debited. I've mailed them tons of times and they keep saying they'll get back to me in 48hrs time or that my request has been acknowledged. I've tagged them on twitter with evidence but still nothing. I don tire. Though the money is not really much(3k),but I'm not goin to leave it for them

I'm waiting for their bank to open maybe I'll go there to complain. Please, what do I do?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Has Gtb Bank Refused To Refund My Money? by spice123(m): 7:38pm On Dec 29, 2020
There is nothing you can do because your moniker says it all. Do unto others as you would like them do unto you.
Re: Why Has Gtb Bank Refused To Refund My Money? by Kingosytex(m): 7:50pm On Dec 29, 2020
Heartlessbanker:
On the 24th of December, I was out of data and I wanted to buy from my gtb ba k mobile app; but I had no data to log on. So, I used the ussd code and the transaction was unsuccessful but my account was debited. I've mailed them tons of times and they keep saying they'll get back to me in 48hrs time or that my request has been acknowledged. I've tagged them on twitter with evidence but still nothing. I don tire. Though the money is not really much(3k),but I'm not goin to leave it for them

I'm waiting for their bank to open maybe I'll go there to complain. Please, what do I do?

There is nothing like GTB Bank...The 'B' in GTB represents bank.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Has Gtb Bank Refused To Refund My Money? by Nobody: 7:54pm On Dec 29, 2020
[[s]quote author=Kingosytex post=97534620]

[/quote][/s]
Re: Why Has Gtb Bank Refused To Refund My Money? by Nobody: 7:54pm On Dec 29, 2020
[[s]quote author=spice123 post=97534293]There is nothing you can do because your moniker says it all. Do unto others as you would like them do unto you.[/quote][/s]
Re: Why Has Gtb Bank Refused To Refund My Money? by BeckyChinelo1(f): 8:33pm On Dec 29, 2020
My sister it's same issue I have o and it happened on the 24th too with ussd. The money is showing in my book balance but in my main balance it's not there. I just felt its because 25th till 28th were holidays. If by Thursday it doesn't get resolved I'll go to their office.
Re: Why Has Gtb Bank Refused To Refund My Money? by escohido123: 8:56pm On Dec 29, 2020
Funds for such transactions is usually blocked pending when merchant confirms transaction status.if merchant confirms transaction to have failed,blocked funds would be released to ur available balance making ur balance to regularise but if confirmed successful ur account will be debited and u will get a debit notice.
As it is now funds for the airtime is currently blocked on ur account and has not been debited.

1 Like

Re: Why Has Gtb Bank Refused To Refund My Money? by Nobody: 9:01pm On Dec 29, 2020
escohido123:
Funds for such transactions is usually blocked pending when merchant confirms transaction status.if merchant confirms transaction to have failed,blocked funds would be released to ur available balance making ur balance to regularise but if confirmed successful ur account will be debited and u will get a debit notice.
As it is now funds for the airtime is currently blocked on ur account and has not been debited.
I don't really understand. When I recharged, there was something like paystack receiving the payment and my card details. Wait, lemme bring pic. So paystack is the one that is holding the funds back?
Re: Why Has Gtb Bank Refused To Refund My Money? by Nobody: 9:40pm On Dec 29, 2020
GtBank had issues with their USSD code between 24th and 25th, I actually wanted to do a transfer I had to try several times before the menu would pop out and I had rethink that any transaction done might not pull through so I waited till the 26th. Foresaw this happening.
Re: Why Has Gtb Bank Refused To Refund My Money? by Nobody: 9:43pm On Dec 29, 2020
BiggyB242:
GtBank had issues with their USSD code between 24th and 25th, I actually wanted to do a transfer I had to try several times before the menu would pop out and I had rethink that any transaction done might not pull through so I waited till the 26th. Foresaw this happening.
but will they refund the money eventually?
Re: Why Has Gtb Bank Refused To Refund My Money? by BeckyChinelo1(f): 10:14pm On Dec 29, 2020
escohido123:

Thanks for this. I think I understand better now. What you just explained was what their customer service told me. So I guess there's no cause for alarm
Re: Why Has Gtb Bank Refused To Refund My Money? by Nobody: 10:21pm On Dec 29, 2020
BeckyChinelo1:

Thanks for this. I think I understand better now. What you just explained was what their customer service told me. So I guess there's no cause for alarm
so that means they'll refund the money eventually right?
Re: Why Has Gtb Bank Refused To Refund My Money? by BeckyChinelo1(f): 5:21am On Dec 30, 2020
Heartlessbanker:
so that means they'll refund the money eventually right?

Yeah
Re: Why Has Gtb Bank Refused To Refund My Money? by neyorlmogzy(m): 8:02am On Dec 30, 2020
[quote author=Heartlessbanker post=97534113]On the 24th of December, I was out of data and I wanted to buy from my gtb ba k mobile app; but I had no data to log on. So, I used the ussd code and the transaction was unsuccessful but my account was debited. I've mailed them tons of times and they keep saying they'll get back to me in 48hrs time or that my request has been acknowledged. I've tagged them on twitter with evidence but still nothing. I don tire. Though the money is not really much(3k),but I'm not goin to leave it for them

I'm waiting for their bank to open maybe I'll go there to complain. Please, what do I do? [/quo
I had a similar problem too that same day, mine is 2500.. it takes 2 working days to refund such errors..
Re: Why Has Gtb Bank Refused To Refund My Money? by airex(m): 8:26am On Dec 30, 2020
Heartlessbanker:
[[s]quote author=Kingosytex post=97534620]

[/s]
Fish head... Take corrections whenever you're corrected..
Re: Why Has Gtb Bank Refused To Refund My Money? by seanwilliam(m): 12:11pm On Dec 30, 2020
Heartlessbanker:

wether you go to the bank or not , it will be refunded.. just chill small
Re: Why Has Gtb Bank Refused To Refund My Money? by spice123(m): 9:38pm On Dec 30, 2020
airex:
Fish head... Take corrections whenever you're corrected..
Bro why are you worried? Didn't you see her moniker?

(1) (Reply)

Few Months Used Samsung S21 Ultra 256gig / I'm So Frustrated Right Now. / Anytime I Open Ànother App Music Stops

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.