Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,471 members, 7,823,097 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:21 AM

The Dancing Robots Of Boston Dynamics - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / The Dancing Robots Of Boston Dynamics (502 Views)

60 Minutes: Robots Of The Future At Boston Dynamics / Meet The Xenobot: World's First Living, Self-healing Robots / Watch : Boston Dynamics Spotmini Robot Dog Can Now Open Doors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Dancing Robots Of Boston Dynamics by Jakumo(m): 7:53am On Dec 30, 2020
Anyone who has been following developments in artificial intelligence and robotics, will certainly have heard of the company named Boston Dynamics. Here is an amazing video clip of their most advanced robots dancing in an eerily human manner, executing steps that many stage performers would envy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fn3KWM1kuAw

These robots are not all fun and games, however. There are serious military applications for all these highly versatile robotic platforms, just as there are a multitude of commercial adaptations possible. Now that the technically challenging aspects of autonomous balance control and motility have been addressed so meticulously, the next generation of these robots could easily be designed to even more closely resemble their human and animal counterparts, until the point is reached where it will become difficult to distinguish a living being, from a Boston Dynamics creation.

The future is here, y'all. What a time to be alive !

1 Like

Re: The Dancing Robots Of Boston Dynamics by Octopusssy(f): 7:57pm On Dec 30, 2020
I wonder which publication Jakumo writes for...

I recognise a professional when I see read one.
Re: The Dancing Robots Of Boston Dynamics by Jakumo(m): 7:23am On Dec 31, 2020
Octopusssy:
I wonder which publication Jakumo writes for...

I recognise a professional when I see read one.

Ogami this compliment is much appreciated. May I take this opportunity to wish you and yours a prosperous and progressive 2021 New Year.

The video I posted here showing a glimpse of current day robotics, serves as testimony to the boundless creativity of the human mind. One looks forward to witnessing yet more advances in robotics and Artificial Intelligence, while experiencing first-hand, how rapidly those innovations will change the course of human history, as our fragile planet rotates into the future.

3 Likes

Re: The Dancing Robots Of Boston Dynamics by Jakumo(m): 8:19am On Aug 18, 2021
Boston Dynamics continues to evolve the technology powering their humanoid robots. It doesn't seem that long ago when Boston Dynamics robots walked in a slow and clumsy manner, while tethered to massive banks of computers by an umbilical cord of cables and wires.

Today the robots run free of all external connections and are capable of competing with the most agile human athlete in precision moves that entail a high degree of coordination and balance. The military applications of this technology are actually frightening to contemplate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tF4DML7FIWk

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Phantom Wallet Review: How To Use The Phantom Wallet App To Stalk Solana / Get A Bitcoin Investment Website, Business Website Design, Blog Website Design / Raining Of Animal Phenomenon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.