Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,109 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:16 PM

MOCKUP In Graphic Design - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / MOCKUP In Graphic Design (653 Views)

How To Create Mockup On Android. Photoshop Not Needed / See What Happens When You Have Ph.d In Graphic Work (photoshop) / Free Plastic Fan Mockup (2 In 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

MOCKUP In Graphic Design by oladipodesigns(m): 8:53am On Dec 30, 2020
Mockup is a scale model of a design. A mockup is a prototype that provides the actual testing of a design. It is typically a high fidelity representation of a design appearance and how it will actually look when in real use. Mockups fill in the visual details of a design such as colors, typography, layout, composure, etc.. By looking at a mockup, you should get a good idea of how a design will finally look and a rough idea of how it might function. A mockup can be considered a high-profile visual design draft.

A Mockup is not really the design but a model of the design. It is just a visual representation of how the design will finally look. It gives a sense of how a design will look. A Mockup is not necessarily part of a design process but it is just a model and a more improved original and realistic view of an already-made design.
For example; If you are to design a logo for an Insurance company, you have gotten the design brief, arranged your moodboard, sketched your ideas and finally, you come up with a logo. Mockup will be used as part of the process of presenting the logo to the Client, where the logo will be used in a more realistic and original way, maybe on a billboard, business card, T-Shirts e.t.c. So, a mockup is just a more improved, original, and realistic view of an already-made design.

Why Mockup

Mockup is a very essential and important part of a design presentation. Like I said earlier, mockup is not actually the design, It is just used basically to give a design a much more realistic and original view.

Mockup is a key component of a design process. It helps find and fix visual inconsistencies earlier in the process before they become too costly. I believe by now you understand what a mockup really is and is not, how it fits into your design process, and why you shouldn’t ignore it.

1 Like

Re: MOCKUP In Graphic Design by steven986: 7:12am On Apr 26, 2022
Learn all the details based on Mockup in graphic design as these are used in Art, Graphics & Video as well. All those users who need to know about the basics should look into this. I got to know https://masterbundles.com/templates/mockups/scene-creator/ about this website as it helped me a lot in finding some best Creative Scene Creator Mockups that i used in my work for a better result.

(1) (Reply)

Please, I Need Your Help. / Branding For A Security Company In Ikoyi / Graphic Designer And Printing Render Here Checkout

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.