Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,149 members, 7,818,453 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:11 PM

Bloody Christmas: Armed Men Kill Many, Ask Military To Vacate Benue - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Bloody Christmas: Armed Men Kill Many, Ask Military To Vacate Benue (723 Views)

Gunmen Storm Bassa In Plateau, Kill Many, Burn Them & Their Houses (Graphic Pic) / Gunmen Attack Kwatas, Bokkos In Plateau, Kill Many (Graphic Photos) / Fulani Herdsmen Attack Eche Ikwo In Ebonyi State, Kill Many (Graphic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bloody Christmas: Armed Men Kill Many, Ask Military To Vacate Benue by Crimsoneagle: 12:30pm On Dec 30, 2020
Five persons were reportedly killed in two separate incidents in Benue communities following Sunday morning invasion of Nagu village in Katsina-Ala Local Government Area of Benue state by armed men who killed a woman, her son and her brother-in-law after razing part of the community.
The attack also left several persons injured while many fled to neighboring villages for fear of being killed.
This came as two young men were also reportedly killed Sunday morning in a suspected rival cult clash at the High Level Area of Naka town, in Gwer West LGA of the state.
Vanguard gathered that the attack on Nagu village in Katsina-Ala LGA which came three days after a similar attack on the private residence of the Council Chairman in Katsina-Ala town where three Police Officers and two others were killed might have been carried out by the same armed gang.
Confirming the incident, a former lawmaker that represented Katina-Ala East constituency in the Benue state House of Assembly, Mr. Ianna Jato who said those killed in the attack were his loved ones described the incident as unfortunate.He said, “the armed men came around 3am on Sunday morning and attacked Nagu which is my village. They burnt part of the village after which they killed my brother’s wife, her son and another of my brother.
I cannot understand why they did this, but those behind the attack just called me few minutes ago with the phone of my brother’s wife which they took away after killing the woman.
“They said I should tell the military personnel who are in Shetile land to leave our place otherwise they would continue to cause mayhem and also continue with the killings in our communities.
“I have reported the matter to the Divisional Police Officer, DPO, in Katsina-Ala and he is making arrangements to evacuate the corpses,” he said.
When contacted the State Police Public Relations Officer, Deputy Superintendent, DSP, Catherine Anene confirmed both incidents.
She said “on the Naka incident, it happened at about 1am on Sunday when a gun shot was heard in the High Level area of Naka town and police officers were deployed to the area. Two persons were arrested at the scene of crime while two young men were found  in a pool of blood. The victims were rushed to hospital where they were confirmed dead.“We have arrested five more suspects and investigation into the matter is still in progress.
“On the Katsina-Ala incident, three persons were also killed and it is also being investigated,” she added.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/12/bloody-christmas-armed-men-kill-many-ask-military-to-vacate-benue/amp/
Re: Bloody Christmas: Armed Men Kill Many, Ask Military To Vacate Benue by Fredmatic(m): 12:35pm On Dec 30, 2020
Restructure for community policing
Re: Bloody Christmas: Armed Men Kill Many, Ask Military To Vacate Benue by lazkizz(m): 12:53pm On Dec 30, 2020
this Country nawa oo o o
Tiv people are the 4th largest tribe in nigeria, But drink and cultism has made the people less-human

2 Likes

Re: Bloody Christmas: Armed Men Kill Many, Ask Military To Vacate Benue by lazkizz(m): 12:54pm On Dec 30, 2020
this Country nawa oo o o
Tiv people are the 4th largest tribe in nigeria, But drink and cultism has made theM people less-human
Re: Bloody Christmas: Armed Men Kill Many, Ask Military To Vacate Benue by lazkizz(m): 12:56pm On Dec 30, 2020
this Country nawa oo o o
Tiv people are the 4th largest tribe in nigeria, But Prostitution,lawlessness,drink and cultism has made theM people less-human
Re: Bloody Christmas: Armed Men Kill Many, Ask Military To Vacate Benue by lazkizz(m): 12:59pm On Dec 30, 2020
Tiv are 4th largest tribe in nigeria.. but are the most stupid and lawless people in the whole of nigeria.... an average tiv man/woman dont have fundamental Morals.
Re: Bloody Christmas: Armed Men Kill Many, Ask Military To Vacate Benue by Mayng01(m): 3:43pm On Dec 30, 2020
Nigeria is terribly sick & plagued , only God can deliver it.
Re: Bloody Christmas: Armed Men Kill Many, Ask Military To Vacate Benue by gambia(m): 5:40pm On Dec 30, 2020
Mayng01:
Nigeria is terribly sick & plagued , only God can deliver it.

The fraud called Nigeria is a failed state, let's say it the way it is.

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING: Gunmen Kill Two Policemen In Rivers / Uniben Lecturer R@ped A 400 Level Student Begs For Forgiveness / Teenage Girl Caught Trying To Sell Boy She Abducted.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.