Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,056 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:25 AM

Why We Didn’t Confirm Some Of Buhari’s Appointees – Saraki - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why We Didn’t Confirm Some Of Buhari’s Appointees – Saraki (832 Views)

Five Prominent Fights Among Buhari’s Appointees / Why We Didn’t Confirm Magu, By Saraki / I’m Glad Senate Didn’t Confirm Me As Chairman Of Anti-graft Agency, Says Magu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why We Didn’t Confirm Some Of Buhari’s Appointees – Saraki by oaktvnigeria: 7:42pm On Dec 30, 2020
Former President of the Senate, Bukola Saraki, on Wednesday, opened up on the decisions he took during his time as the 13th Senate President of Nigeria.

Saraki said some of the decisions he took were in the interest of the country.

He was responding to a tweet by Dele Momodu, the Publisher of Ovation Magazine, who described him as one of the “most intelligent, courageous and urbane Leaders in Nigeria”.

Momodu also said, “Many now appreciate his unprecedented interventions in the 8th National Assembly.”

Responding, Saraki said the decisions taken by the Senate’s legislative body were never about a personal agenda.

In a series of tweets, the former Senate President recalled that when the 8th Senate summoned the former Inspector General of Police, IGP, and Security Chiefs, it was in the interest of Nigeria and not for personal issues.

Read Also: Nigerian govt suspends 100 passports of passengers who refused post arrival COVID-19 test – PTF

According to Saraki: “Thanks @DeleMomodu! Compliments of the season! As I used to emphasize during our conversations while I was President of the 8th Senate, many of the decisions we took, the positions we adopted, and the interventions we embarked on were in the interest of the nation.

“When we didn’t confirm certain appointees, it was because we did our due diligence.

“When we invited the IG and the security chiefs, it was because we wanted to find solutions to the issues of insecurity at the time. It was never about a personal agenda. It was always about Nigeria!”

Source: https://oak.tv/newstrack/why-we-didnt-confirm-some-of-buharis-appointees-saraki/amp/

1 Like

Re: Why We Didn’t Confirm Some Of Buhari’s Appointees – Saraki by thaoriginator: 7:42pm On Dec 30, 2020
Re: Why We Didn’t Confirm Some Of Buhari’s Appointees – Saraki by ehbellsho(m): 7:51pm On Dec 30, 2020
"Due deligence" in what form? Who were the appointees?
anyways, thanks for keeping the nation at heart.
Re: Why We Didn’t Confirm Some Of Buhari’s Appointees – Saraki by Eddie4God(m): 8:01pm On Dec 30, 2020
I was never a fan of Saraki bt i must say that he is better than this rubber stamp senate President Lawan that is licking Buhari's ass up & down.
Lawan is too willing to please Buhari. Everything & everyone is approved without serious scrutiny, criticism or opposition
Re: Why We Didn’t Confirm Some Of Buhari’s Appointees – Saraki by donbachi(m): 8:02pm On Dec 30, 2020
ehbellsho:
"Due deligence" in what form? Who were the appointees?
anyways, thanks for keeping the nation at heart.
budget padding master.
Re: Why We Didn’t Confirm Some Of Buhari’s Appointees – Saraki by Jostoman: 8:09pm On Dec 30, 2020
God purposely use saraki to save Nigerians from calamity Nigerians are going through now for 4years.
Re: Why We Didn’t Confirm Some Of Buhari’s Appointees – Saraki by fuckingAyaya(m): 8:14pm On Dec 30, 2020
way more better than the rubber stamp fat headed pig we have there today
Re: Why We Didn’t Confirm Some Of Buhari’s Appointees – Saraki by Paperworka: 8:14pm On Dec 30, 2020
This man saraki has a lot of secret about Nigeria that people don't know.
Re: Why We Didn’t Confirm Some Of Buhari’s Appointees – Saraki by Mysticwebb: 8:26pm On Dec 30, 2020
That was why they rose against you. You were a stumbling block to their agenda.

(1) (Reply)

Breaking News: Donald Trump Impeached By US House Of Assembly See What Happens / The Picture That Proves Buhari Will Not Step Down In 2023!!! / Yahoo Boy Ran Mad On The Street After Failing To Use His Mother For Ritual.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.