Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,616 members, 7,813,026 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:52 AM

Elon Musk, Mark Zuckerberg, Jeff Bezos Fortunes Grow By £600B During Pandemic - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Elon Musk, Mark Zuckerberg, Jeff Bezos Fortunes Grow By £600B During Pandemic (222 Views)

Jeff Bezos Agrees $35bn Divorce / Jeff Bezos And Lauren Sanchez Sex Chat Leaked, Led To His Crashed Marriage / Nigeria’s Economy To Grow By 0.8% In 2017 -IMF (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Elon Musk, Mark Zuckerberg, Jeff Bezos Fortunes Grow By £600B During Pandemic by Nobody: 8:32pm On Dec 30, 2020
As millions battle poverty and turn to foodbanks for their next meal, a group of American financial elites have seen their personal fortunes rocket to unimaginable new heights

As lockdowns plunged struggling Brits into poverty and has them relying on food banks, a handful of billionaires saw their personal fortunes rocket.

Coronavirus has ravaged the world and families across the globe are living on the breadline.

But for 614 billionaires in America, their bank balances have increased by a mega $931 billion since the virus first took hold.

The economy has tanked so far this year with millions of jobs on the line and budgets for many tighter than ever.

In the UK, food banks are being used more than ever - with figures showing a 61% increase in food parcels being given out.

For context, that is six parcels being given to a starving family every minute.

Meanwhile, the bosses at tech companies like Microsoft, Google and Zoom saw their profits increase during lockdowns, UniLad reported.

USA Today identified the 30 billionaires who profited the most during the pandemic, including Elon Musk, Facebook’s Mark Zuckerberg and Amazon’s Jeff Bezos.

Their combined $90.1 billion growth in wealth accounts for almost 10% of the total increase enjoyed by American billionaires in 2020 alone.

Bezos, the founder and chief executive of Amazon, watched as his wealth rocketed $70bn to a eye-watering $185bn - primarily as millions of households were locked inside relying on deliveries.

Elon Musk, the maverick behind Tesla and outspoken internet personality, also saw financial benefits, as did Google’s Larry Page and social media guru Mark Zuckerberg.

Since the virus first emerged it is estimated that 50 healthcare leaders have become billionaires, with 28 hailing from China.

These includee Uğur Şahin, the physician who co-founded BioNTech, which helped develop the Pfizer vaccine, and Stéphane Bancel, the CEO of Massachusetts-based Moderna.

Studies have found that Coronavirus caused a sharp rise in UK poverty, with one report suggesting poor households had increased by 700,000 to 15.2 million as a result of the pandemic.

Source: https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/world-news/elon-musk-mark-zuckerberg-jeff-23232959
Re: Elon Musk, Mark Zuckerberg, Jeff Bezos Fortunes Grow By £600B During Pandemic by longetivity(m): 8:39pm On Dec 30, 2020
corona is a blessing in disguise for some people
Re: Elon Musk, Mark Zuckerberg, Jeff Bezos Fortunes Grow By £600B During Pandemic by Draslo(m): 9:16pm On Dec 30, 2020
I dey una back.

I wouldn't be surprised if these billionaires knew about the incoming pandemic. I mean, Bill Gates foundation, the WHO, and the world economic forum held a workshop in October last year about a worldwide pandemic and it's effects.
Re: Elon Musk, Mark Zuckerberg, Jeff Bezos Fortunes Grow By £600B During Pandemic by EzzyCarter: 9:34pm On Dec 30, 2020
Draslo:
I dey una back.

I wouldn't be surprised if these billionaires knew about the incoming pandemic. I mean, Bill Gates foundation, the WHO, and the world economic forum held a workshop in October last year about a worldwide pandemic and it's effects.

I love people who reason like you do. This Covid-19 case ehn, the more you look, the less you see...

1 Like

Re: Elon Musk, Mark Zuckerberg, Jeff Bezos Fortunes Grow By £600B During Pandemic by Righteousness2(m): 9:39pm On Dec 30, 2020
It's Awesome and Beautiful to grow ur Wealth and assests and all that

It's Most Important for you to Grow a Relationship with JESUS, because after all said and done, it the Relationship you Have with GOD that really Matters...

(1) (Reply)

Get Your Disposables For Occasion Use / I Need A Lawyer Urgently / Supreme Court Rejects Request To Unfreeze Abacha’s Accounts In UK, Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.