Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,523 members, 7,819,881 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:50 AM

New Year 2021: If You Don't Change, Don't Expect Things To Change! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / New Year 2021: If You Don't Change, Don't Expect Things To Change! (265 Views)

Why People Don't Change Even Though You Preach To Them : This Is For ministers / 2020 RCCG Virtual Crossover Service To Year 2021 Live! / A Time Like This Is Coming Soon If Things Don't Change (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

New Year 2021: If You Don't Change, Don't Expect Things To Change! by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:39pm On Dec 30, 2020
New Year 2021: If You Don't Change, Don't Expect Things To Change!

It's about that time of the year again where many usually thronged church buildings, with the expectation that things would suddenly change concerning them, just because they spent one night in a church service, since it's the crossover night into the new year.

It's for this reason that churches usually experience record attendance for the calendar year on that night, because people expect that just spending the crossover night in the church could just work some form of magic in their lives. So even quite a number of those who didn't attend church during the course of the year would be found inside a church building on that night.

The truth is that people shouldn't expect things to change if they don't change. So even if they spend the crossover night in a church building, it doesn't change anything except they change in the church building that night.

So if you want things change in the new year, the change in the new year should begin with you.

God bless.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Year 2021: If You Don't Change, Don't Expect Things To Change! by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:43am On Dec 31, 2020
God doesn't cater to crossover services!
Re: New Year 2021: If You Don't Change, Don't Expect Things To Change! by jesusjnr2020(m): 7:38am On Jan 01, 2021
You can't keep doing the same things, the same way and yet expecting different results.

1 Like

Re: New Year 2021: If You Don't Change, Don't Expect Things To Change! by CAPSLOCKED: 8:16am On Jan 01, 2021
THE ONLY THING THAT TRULY CHANGES IN A NEW YEAR IS THE DATE.
THE REALITY OF THINGS IS THAT THERE ARE HARDLY ANY "MAGICAL" CHANGES. IN PEOPLE'S MYOPIC MINDS THEY BELIEVE A NEW YEAR (OR NEW MONTH) COMES WITH BRAND NEW MAGICS FROM THEIR GOD.

WE'RE STILL THE SAME PEOPLE. SAME HOUSES. SAME CLOTHES. SAME BEHAVIORS. SAME APPROACH TO LIFE. ONLY A LITTLE BREAKTHROUGH OR PROSPERITY FOR A FEW PEOPLE IN THIS VERY POOR SIDE OF THE WORLD.

YOU SCREAMING NEW YEAR NEW ME. MY YEAR OF TESTIMONIES. MY YEAR OF DIVINE FAVOR AND GREATER GLORY. YOU'VE BEEN DOING THIS FOR YEARS AND WILL CONTINUE FOR MORE. WHEN YOU ACTUALLY THINK ABOUT IT YOU'LL REALIZE THAT NOTHING MAGICALLY CHANGES AND WE JUST LIVE LIFE FOLLOWING IT'S GRADUAL PROCESSES.

12 Likes 7 Shares

Re: New Year 2021: If You Don't Change, Don't Expect Things To Change! by jesusjnr2020(m): 10:30am On Jan 01, 2021
CAPSLOCKED:
THE ONLY THING THAT TRULY CHANGES IN A NEW YEAR IS THE DATE.
THE REALITY OF THINGS IS THAT THERE ARE HARDLY ANY "MAGICAL" CHANGES. IN PEOPLE'S MYOPIC MINDS THEY BELIEVE A NEW YEAR (OR NEW MONTH) COMES WITH BRAND NEW MAGICS FROM THEIR GOD.

WE'RE STILL THE SAME PEOPLE. SAME HOUSES. SAME CLOTHES. SAME BEHAVIORS. SAME APPROACH TO LIFE. ONLY A LITTLE BREAKTHROUGH OR PROSPERITY FOR A FEW PEOPLE IN THIS VERY POOR SIDE OF THE WORLD.

YOU SCREAMING NEW YEAR NEW ME. MY YEAR OF TESTIMONIES. MY YEAR OF DIVINE FAVOR AND GREATER GLORY. YOU'VE BEEN DOING THIS FOR YEARS AND WILL CONTINUE FOR MORE. WHEN YOU ACTUALLY THINK ABOUT IT YOU'LL REALIZE THAT NOTHING MAGICALLY CHANGES AND WE JUST LIVE LIFE FOLLOWING IT'S GRADUAL PROCESSES.
You didn't have to resort to lies to make your comment appear more attractive. Except the bolded wasn't directed at me, or you mistake me for someone else, because since I came here to NL, I have never hinged anything in any new year on the new year itself, except things I do differently, so your idea that I've been doing this for years is a big fat lie. But should I be surprised when it's coming from you?

Feel free to prove that you are not lying by showing me where I did what you said by just showing me just one place where I did that.

I don't celebrate Christmas which many antichrists as yourself do. You should check my posts to confirm this.

I don't even celebrate new year because i see it as just the dawning of another day, so you are obviously on a lost cause.

Something else you should know about my idea of projecting this new year based on things i do differently is that it's very logical. Even atheists do that. You plant more seeds to get more harvest. You invest more money to get more returns. You practice harder to get more physically fit and get the best out of your body. You read more to get a better grade. So if you intend to do that differently at the beginning of a year, it's normal for you to project that you'd get better results in the new year.

Except it's the spiritual approach of my effort that makes you suddenly loose your commonsense, but that's not unexpected coming from a God-hater.

One thing I should let you know is that one day, one day, you'd regret this thing you're doing if you don't repent. You can't be biting the hands that made you and still expect not suffer the consequences.

So continue if you wish, but ensure that you do enough to make your regret worthwhile.

God bless.
Re: New Year 2021: If You Don't Change, Don't Expect Things To Change! by jesusjnr2020(m): 9:19am On Jan 02, 2021
Change in the new year should begin with you.
Re: New Year 2021: If You Don't Change, Don't Expect Things To Change! by Bodydiialect57: 10:57am On Jan 02, 2021
The guy only wrote a general statement of fact with no particular reference to anyone , so don't take it personal. It's a new year, let the desired change begin with each and everyone.

Happy new year.

[quote ]author=jesusjnr2020 post=97609627] You didn't have to resort to lies to make your comment appear more attractive. Except the bolded wasn't directed at me, or you mistake me for someone else, because since I came here to NL, I have never hinged anything in any new year on the new year itself, except things I do differently, so your idea that I've been doing this for years is a big fat lie. But should I be surprised when it's coming from you?

Feel free to prove that you are not lying by showing me where I did what you said by just showing me just one place where I did that.

I don't celebrate Christmas which many antichrists as yourself do. You should check my posts to confirm this.

I don't even celebrate new year because i see it as just the dawning of another day, so you are obviously on a lost cause.

Something else you should know about my idea of projecting this new year based on things i do differently is that it's very logical. Even atheists do that. You plant more seeds to get more harvest. You invest more money to get more returns. You practice harder to get more physically fit and get the best out of your body. You read more to get a better grade. So if you intend to do that differently at the beginning of a year, it's normal for you to project that you'd get better results in the new year.

Except it's the spiritual approach of my effort that makes you suddenly loose your commonsense, but that's not unexpected coming from a God-hater.

One thing I should let you know is that one day, one day, you'd regret this thing you're doing if you don't repent. You can't be biting the hands that made you and still expect not suffer the consequences.

So continue if you wish, but ensure that you do enough to make your regret worthwhile.

God bless.[/quote]
Re: New Year 2021: If You Don't Change, Don't Expect Things To Change! by jesusjnr2020(m): 3:55pm On Jan 02, 2021
Bodydiialect57:
The guy only wrote a general statement of fact with no particular reference to anyone i in particular, so don't take it personal. It's a new year, let the desired change begin with each and everyone.

Happy new year
Okay I see you missed where he stopped speaking in general terms and started addressing the Op directly. Perhaps it was the many likes and shares that distracted you... That's how many likes and shares would lead many to hell...

That said, i wish you the same.

God bless.

(1) (Reply)

Endsars Protest....the Only Prophet That Saw It...who Knows Him / Send Us Your 2021 Prayer Request / A Curious Look At The Last Two Verses Of The Book Of Revelation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.