Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,393 members, 7,826,518 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 03:27 PM

My 2020 Highlights - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / My 2020 Highlights (188 Views)

Lai Mohammed Highlights Buhari’s Achievements / Highlights Of New Anambra State Burial Law / Egypt Vs Uruguay 0-1 Goals & Highlights, Fifa World Cup 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My 2020 Highlights by eneazi(f): 10:00am On Dec 31, 2020
I don't usually do this, but I'll make an exception of this, since this itself has been an exceptional year.
If you ask how my year has been I'd tell you without batting an eyelid that this has been one hell of a bumpy year and for most people too I guess... While we were screaming " I recieve Papa" at the top of our lungs at the crossover night of 2019 we didn't know we were codedly receiving; Corona virus, Social distancing, 4 weeks of lock down, local and International travel ban, a protest that shook the country, discovery of stolen palliatives by hoodlums/well meaning/hungry Nigerians (which ever works for you), vandalisation of public/private properties plus loss of lives and oh the big one, Nigeria going into recession. I guess our dearly beloved "Daddy GOs" didn't see all these coming, hopefully will be careful with the kind of prophesies they dish out at the end of today.

My business sale stalled as a result of the lock down, speaking of that, I guess the best of us experienced this too. And if I'm asked to represent the growth of my business on a chart it would be the most confusing one of all time.

Then I loss someone very dear to my heart, it was one of my darkest moment for the year.

When I thought it couldn't get any worse I loss my job ( an okay paying job, but it drained the life outta me) that supplements my business, then I got called back some months later, but I had to turn it down because at that point my sanity was priority and I was not about to add loss of sanity to my "2020 Tragic Moments" list.

Oh something worth celebrating happened, my brother got married to his better half, and business started picking up slowly, at that point things were gradually returning to normal, or so I thought, and boom! 2020 came through again, this time with an issue, that had to be taken to the FCT Command of CID. It was a two week of fear and uncertainty. If you have had a case with the Nigeria police you'd understand...At this point I had a better understanding of what the #EndSars protesters were really fighting for, I understood the pain of every man, woman, parent, sibling, and friend who had loss a love one or body parts as a result of police brutality.

This is not me bitching about a year many didn't make this far, but just recapping its highlights. In all I learnt a couple of lessons this year than I did in the past, more reason why 2020 deserve an Academy award. What are your peak and pit for the year. HAPPY NEW YEAR IN ADVANCE.

(1) (Reply)

2021: Christian Group To Partner Muslim Youth For A Better Adamawa State / Discover The Magnificent Benefits Of Corrugated Cardboard Boxes In Melbourne / Land For Sale @gbaga Lukosi Ogijo Side Ikorodu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.