Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,131 members, 7,845,755 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 12:55 AM

Chairman Against Burial Of Non-natives In Sapele - (only In Nigeria) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Chairman Against Burial Of Non-natives In Sapele - (only In Nigeria) (2834 Views)

Photo:60 Years After Nigeria First Crude Oil Well Dries Up,natives In Poverty / Ijaws Are Non-natives Of Rivers State. / Boko Haram Attacks Forced Us To Send Back Non-natives – Orji (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chairman Against Burial Of Non-natives In Sapele - (only In Nigeria) by Lopezdee1: 10:13am On Mar 29, 2011
Could not believe my eyes when I read this,

UGHELLI – CHAIRMAN of Sapele Okpe community, Sapele Local Government Area, Delta State, Mr. Michael Egbejule, has warned against burial of non-indigenes in the council.

Appealing to the Delta State government and other relevant authorities to call the Diden family in Sapele, who purportedly buried one of their family members in Sapele last week to order, he alleged that their action in recent times was threatening the peace in the community.

Speaking to newsmen in Sapele over what he termed an the act of provocation and flagrant violation of the orders of the Orojde of Okpe Kingdom, which forbids non-Sapele natives from being buried in Sapele, Egbejule alleged that "the Diden family has consistently shown disdain to the Orojde's order.”

According to him, the Diden's family; "have buried one of their son's, late Precious Diden against Orojde's standing order in Sapele."

Egbejule added that these set of family are exploiting their alleged closeness to the state governor, Dr. Emmanuel Uduaghan to undermine the Okpe's traditional institution. He said; "if not checked it is capable of overheating the system and could lead to break down of public peace."

He said the community may resort to self help if the state governor continues to shoal this individual to continue to undermine the Orojde's order, adding; "we cannot continue to watch and allow one family to over-run the Sapele okpe community."

He therefore urged the governor to take necessary action to prevent possible break down of law and order in Sapele by calling those using his name to cause trouble in Sapele local government area to order.

Source:
http://odili.net/news/source/2011/mar/29/305.html
Re: Chairman Against Burial Of Non-natives In Sapele - (only In Nigeria) by mbatuku1: 12:18pm On Mar 29, 2011
That chairman and who ever the F is giving such orders should be thrown behind bars if they start any trouble. What sort of nonsense is this?
Re: Chairman Against Burial Of Non-natives In Sapele - (only In Nigeria) by homerac7: 2:01pm On Mar 29, 2011
Dis is bizzare!

To think dt d originator and chief enforcer of ds backward customary edict is Gen. Felix Moujakpero, former supreme commander of ECOMOG in Liberia, GOC 2 Mechanized Division NA, Commandant Training and Doctoring Command (TRADOC) NA, head of Military Police of NA, and a Lawyer, leaves one in awesome wonder.

One wld think dt his post service position as traditional head, Orodje of Okpe kingdom will help in progressive reform of d customary institution based on his vast trainings, professional discipline, exposures and general experience. In fact, dos qualifications make him an embodiment of huge competences, thus a national asset. But look at an unimaginable customary edict flying around right under his watch, how lesser can he fail?

This is d kind of news one gets abt one of our own and one just gets tired at once.

Shame on u, King Mujakperuo.

1 Like

Re: Chairman Against Burial Of Non-natives In Sapele - (only In Nigeria) by Nobody: 3:35pm On Mar 29, 2011
@OP, are you from Sapele, Egbejule or whatever his name is , is not the chairman of Sapele LGA. Hon Godwin Atose is and those Itsekiri people have better dig up their relative and bury in the small island allocated to them by their ancestors.

I know Ejele(Michael Diden) has a hand in this. The last time such happened I dont know if you reside in sapele but you know the massacre that took place of the Itsekiri. Why are the itsekiri's always looking for trouble, this is a law that was put in place because of the Itsekiri, it even rubbed off on Okpe's. The Urhobo's have dealt bitterly with them in warri and they ran to sapele, the Okpe's were so stupi.d to accommodate them, now the worse is gradually beginning to happen. The Itsekiris want to claim sapele is theirs. It will only result in war.

Let me tell you poster, sapele youths do not know what nairaland is or the internet, if it should happen, I want to believe the rest is known to you.

Why cant the itsekiris just behave themselves, must they be obnoxious? I am dating an itsekiri as we speak and I fear what will happen when it comes to marriage, if crisis should erupt now, its obvious we have to call off the relationship because I will be treated as a traitor and even killed if I don't run for my life.

This is so frustrating angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: Chairman Against Burial Of Non-natives In Sapele - (only In Nigeria) by homerac7: 4:17pm On Mar 29, 2011
^^

Jeeeezussss!

Somebody wake me up!
shocked shocked shocked
Re: Chairman Against Burial Of Non-natives In Sapele - (only In Nigeria) by Nobody: 5:03pm On Mar 29, 2011
I guess there isnt enough land.
Re: Chairman Against Burial Of Non-natives In Sapele - (only In Nigeria) by redsun(m): 5:15pm On Mar 29, 2011
If land is scarce,they should start cremating or start using vultures.There are different ways of getting rid of dead human carcass but their primitive instincts won't let dem see otherwise. Always living in bondage of whacked traditions.

1 Like

Re: Chairman Against Burial Of Non-natives In Sapele - (only In Nigeria) by ektbear: 5:37pm On Mar 29, 2011
I'm thoroughly confused.
Re: Chairman Against Burial Of Non-natives In Sapele - (only In Nigeria) by Kilode1: 5:42pm On Mar 29, 2011
blink182:

@OP, are you from Sapele, Egbejule or whatever his name is , is not the chairman of Sapele LGA. Hon Godwin Atose is and those Itsekiri people have better dig up their relative and bury in the small island allocated to them by their ancestors.

I know Ejele(Michael Diden) has a hand in this. The last time such happened I dont know if you reside in sapele but you know the massacre that took place of the Itsekiri. Why are the itsekiri's always looking for trouble, this is a law that was put in place because of the Itsekiri, it even rubbed off on Okpe's. The Urhobo's have dealt bitterly with them in warri and they ran to sapele, the Okpe's were so stupi.d to accommodate them, now the worse is gradually beginning to happen. The Itsekiris want to claim sapele is theirs. It will only result in war.

Let me tell you poster, sapele youths do not know what nairaland is or the internet, if it should happen, I want to believe the rest is known to you.

Why cant the itsekiris just behave themselves, must they be obnoxious? I am dating an itsekiri as we speak and I fear what will happen when it comes to marriage, if crisis should erupt now, its obvious we have to call off the relationship because I will be treated as a traitor and even killed if I don't run for my life.

Na wa o! I thought someone said there is no dirty "tribalism" in Delta State. shocked

Where is Beaf?
Re: Chairman Against Burial Of Non-natives In Sapele - (only In Nigeria) by jason123: 5:49pm On Mar 29, 2011
Is he mad!!! angry . What about his people that are buried all over Nigeria?? Should we now start deporting dead bodies? Bloody ethnocentric moro.n!!! angry Bast.ard!!!!

Kilode?!:

Na wa o! I thought someone said[b] there is no dirty "tribalism" in Delta State[/b]. shocked

Where is Beaf?

I never for once believed that.

blink182:

What is obnoxious about what they did What about other ethnic groups allover the country that are not buried in their homeland or region BTW, what war are you guys talking about??/ because of dead people?? shocked

So you will call off a relationship because of an ethnic conflict That is tribalism and bigotry to the highest!!! angry
Re: Chairman Against Burial Of Non-natives In Sapele - (only In Nigeria) by saintneo(m): 5:54pm On Mar 29, 2011
United Niger Delta People - UNDP lmao
Re: Chairman Against Burial Of Non-natives In Sapele - (only In Nigeria) by Afanna1: 5:56pm On Mar 29, 2011
Delta State doo!
Re: Chairman Against Burial Of Non-natives In Sapele - (only In Nigeria) by mbatuku1: 12:12am On Mar 30, 2011
Between the Aniomas and the Itshekiri, I really dont know who I feel more empathy for in Delta.

I naturally hate it when groups gang up against a small group.
Re: Chairman Against Burial Of Non-natives In Sapele - (only In Nigeria) by Nobody: 8:48am On Mar 30, 2011
tpiah!:

I guess there isnt enough land.
There is enough land but the itsekiris own very little, from history while the urhobos were busy farming large xpanse of land and claiming it I honestly dont know what the itsekiris were doing. All of a sudden we are in modern times and they discover they own nothing and started fighting others for their land especially areas close to water.

redsun:

If land is scarce,they should start cremating or start using vultures.There are different ways of getting rid of dead human carcass but their primitive instincts won't let dem see otherwise. Always living in bondage of whacked traditions.

Is this a joke or you're serious? There is nothing primitive in our tradition. I hate the fact that we trying to be civilized while we were born native. Its for this reason I can only hear my language but can't speak fluently. Why? Because I thought speaking it was bush and uncivilized.

ekt_bear:

I'm thoroughly confused.
Confused about what?

Kilode?!:

Na wa o! I thought someone said there is no dirty "tribalism" in Delta State. shocked

Where is Beaf?
Delta state is totally submerged in tribalism, as a matter of fact I know when I'm ready to get married to my itsekiri love, I'll be preparing for war alongside. My dad is the second chief in command after his highness, and embodiment of tradition in one of the oldest and biggest urhobo kingdom but I thank God that back in the 60's the federal government sent him to london to school. That I believe gave us edge when we argue about marrying non urhobos. Politically, the urhobos believe they only should be governor of delta state. So many people supporting Ogboru now are doing so based on tribalism. Its a pity Uduaghan was so stup.id that he made it look like people are supporting Ogboru because he is a non performer. The list is endless

jason123:

Is he mad!!! angry . What about his people that are buried all over Nigeria?? Should we now start deporting dead bodies? Bloody ethnocentric moro.n!!! angry Bast.ard!!!!

I never for once believed that.

What is obnoxious about what they did What about other ethnic groups allover the country that are not buried in their homeland or region BTW, what war are you guys talking about??/ because of dead people?? shocked

So you will call off a relationship because of an ethnic conflict That is tribalism and bigotry to the highest!!! angry
Everybody with their own way of doing things, I didn't make the law

They are obnoxious in the sense that, they know too well that it will spell doom for them to break the law but still chose to. They have this particular feast that they do on water(boats) and only bring it on land in their community but gradually they're bringing it on land in sapele. In all fairness, the itsekiris are refugees in sapele but are trying to claim the land for themselves now. How will you feel if it is done to you? Be rational in your judgement and before you start thinking I'm Okpe or have affiliation, I'm not. Let me reiterate that I'm urhobo

As for breaking up my relationship, I don't have that in mind even in conflict but I do know we will be separated, This is a part I don't want to talk about and its the major reason I believe everybody should just obey the law and let peace reign.

mbatuku1:

Between the Aniomas and the Itshekiri, I really dont know who I feel more empathy for in Delta.

I naturally hate it when groups gang up against a small group.
Nobody is ganging up against anybody, the aniomas you are referring to know what they have up their sleeves or I'm I wrong please state how they've been ganged up against? As for the itsekiri, nothing like that instead they're the oppressors, you will be amazed at the kind of stunt this minority pull against the fourth and fifth biggest tribes in Nigeria considering they're not even in the top 30
Re: Chairman Against Burial Of Non-natives In Sapele - (only In Nigeria) by Ochuko24: 2:27pm On Apr 06, 2013
The Oroje of okpe is the king of the okpe people in sapele. He is not the king of the Itsekiri's in sapele so he can't mend into the itsekiri affairs.

blink182: @OP, are you from Sapele, Egbejule or whatever his name is , is not the chairman of Sapele LGA. Hon Godwin Atose is and those Itsekiri people have better dig up their relative and bury in the small island allocated to them by their ancestors.

Re: Chairman Against Burial Of Non-natives In Sapele - (only In Nigeria) by Eboski(m): 3:32pm On Apr 06, 2013
Since the okpe don't want itsekiri in sapele y are dey selling der lands 2 dem? I was born in sapele I did. My primary and secondary education in sapele,I attend urhiapele second sch and ayomanor primary sch,diden as bought all the lands in sapele including ATP river,what as any okpe man done in sapele? Go 2 shell road Ayo as build an Estate der,
Re: Chairman Against Burial Of Non-natives In Sapele - (only In Nigeria) by otokx(m): 4:50pm On Apr 06, 2013
interesting
Re: Chairman Against Burial Of Non-natives In Sapele - (only In Nigeria) by bokohalal(m): 6:57pm On Apr 06, 2013
Urhobos and Itsekiris, please, not again.

(1) (Reply)

Rochas Okorocha's Private Number Gets Cloned By Araraume Campaign / GEJ Meets Burkinaso Troops (pic) / Ndigbo Forum Lists Demands For Buhari-vanguard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.