Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,609 members, 7,809,233 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:13 AM

Message From My Landlord - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Message From My Landlord (838 Views)

My Landlord Does House Chores For His Children, Fetches Water For Them / Wife Surprises Husband After Landlord Stormed Their Home Over House Rent. Photos / My Landlord (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Message From My Landlord by Oooops: 6:22pm On Dec 31, 2020
This message just came in as a shock to me.

I haven’t even raised the money for the previous rate due to the way 2020 played out and loss of business, now I’m getting this.

I don’t even know how to react.

Re: Message From My Landlord by RedPanthar: 6:26pm On Dec 31, 2020
Laughs. He's the owner of his property. There's no law against it
Re: Message From My Landlord by MrHighSea: 6:56pm On Dec 31, 2020
I'm planning.
Any move on his part, I'll relocate into something with similar floor area but more affordable.

No time for talks.
Re: Message From My Landlord by oginga: 6:57pm On Dec 31, 2020
What a strange gift few hours to new year... Your landlord is not smiling.
Re: Message From My Landlord by Ngenge(m): 7:14pm On Dec 31, 2020
He is callous, hardened and unscrupulous. Let him serve you a quit notice.
Re: Message From My Landlord by bukatyne(f): 8:22pm On Dec 31, 2020
Oooops:
This message just came in as a shock to me.

I haven’t even raised the money for the previous rate due to the way 2020 played out and loss of business, now I’m getting this.

I don’t even know how to react.

More than 30% increment in rent on short notice is very insensitive of your landlord.

Unfortunately, you both go to the same market hence as you are lamenting, he is also lamenting. Therefore, it is natural he seeks to increase his revenue to meet his rising cost of living.

You can negotiate with him (if he is rigid on the rate, he should be able to compromise on the payment terms).

Good luck.
Re: Message From My Landlord by fineboynl(m): 8:48pm On Dec 31, 2020
bro building materials and all other house maintaining cost have increased. so it's therefore understanding.

we are in trouble in this country. there is going to be house increase across the country from next year

1 Like

Re: Message From My Landlord by Nobody: 10:47pm On Dec 31, 2020
fineboynl:
bro building materials and all other house maintaining cost have increased. so it's therefore understanding.

we are in trouble in this country. their is going to be house increase across the country from next year
But the house is already completed naa so the increase in prices of building materials won't affect him greatly.
By the way, how can sane human being be so insensitive by increasing rent from 380k to 500k at this time?

I believe this madness may also come as suggestions by property managers and lawyers because my property manager suggested that to me not too long ago and he was shocked at the way I shut him down.

People are suffering and the best everyone can do now is to be considerate and have empathy towards others.

3 Likes

Re: Message From My Landlord by RedPanthar: 11:06pm On Dec 31, 2020
fineboynl:

we are in trouble in this country. their is going to be house increase across the country from next year

You get sense

The economic reality has changed

Ton tomatoes from 50 Naira approaching 200 Naira. 400%
Re: Message From My Landlord by Pochettino(f): 1:44am On Jan 01, 2021
Hmmm
Nothing wey Davido no go see for nite club
Re: Message From My Landlord by NoToPile: 7:47am On Jan 01, 2021
Negotiate with him.

Its well oo
Re: Message From My Landlord by Nobody: 9:26am On Jan 01, 2021
Don't worry. When the naira appreciates in value and inflation retreats, he will send you another letter to decrease it.

(1) (Reply)

Eat Two Eggs A Day And Watch What Happens To Your Body / Please Fam, Help Clear My Confusion Cos I Dont Understand Any More / Is It Good For Couples To Keep Joint Accounts In Marriage?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.