Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,659 members, 7,820,312 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:56 PM

Hold Jonathan Responsible If Polls Are Rigged– Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hold Jonathan Responsible If Polls Are Rigged– Buhari (608 Views)

Buhari, Not Jonathan, Responsible For Refineries Resuming Production / Tinubu - 'Hold Jonathan If Anything Happens To Me' / "There Will Be Bloodshed If 2015 Elections Are Rigged" - Buhari! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hold Jonathan Responsible If Polls Are Rigged– Buhari by Tunsbobo(m): 11:49am On Mar 29, 2011
AS the much
awaited general elections
kicked off this weekend,
former Head of State and
Presidential candidate of the
Congress for Progressive
Change, CPC, Gen.
Muhammadu Buhari (rtd),
yesterday, called on
Nigerians to hold President
Goodluck Jonathan
responsible if the
Independent National
Electoral Commission, INEC,
failed to conduct free and
fair elections.
He recalled that President
Jonathan had pledged before
the international community
that the legacy he would
want to leave before
Nigerians was to conduct
free and fair election.
Buhari stated this yesterday
at Government House, Benin
when he paid a courtesy visit
to Governor Adams
Oshiomhole of Edo State as
part of his presidential
campaign activities in the
state. He was accompanied
by the national chairman of
the party, Prince Tony
Momoh; his running mate,
Pastor Tunde Bakare and his
wife; the state chairman of
the party, Godwin Erahon
and other national leaders of
the party.
According to him, “we are so
much pressed for time and
space because we are a new
party… but the important
thing for us now is what our
boss, Mr President, said in his
first outing when he met the
President of the United
States, President Barack
Obama and on his second
outing again in the United
Nations where he said if
there is one thing he would
like to do is to conduct a free
and fair election.
“The CPC is holding him to
that but all the same, we are
not absolutely sitting down,
we are mobilising all our
supporters and indeed all
Nigerians that this time
around, they must insist that
their votes count, there is
nothing wrong with that and
we are very pleased about
that.”
He assured Nigerians that his
administration would
address the challenges of
education, healthcare
delivery and create job
opportunities for Nigerians.
Oshiomhole on challenge of
credible election
Responding, Gov.
Oshiomhole said the
challenge of credible election
was a task for all Nigerians
irrespective of political
affiliation.
“We need to create an
enabling environment which
is a condition precedent to
the much talked about
commitment to one man one
vote. For one man one vote
to take place, voters must
know what the issues are
and they must know the
candidates and, therefore,
governments— federal,
states and local government
—have a responsibility if
one man one vote will be a
reality, to be seen beyond
rhetoric to allow all
candidates without any
hindrance to go to any part
of the country to present
their case and to carry out
imparting of ideas between
candidates of various parties
at all levels,”he said.
Oshiomhole narrated that
“in Edo State, we are proud
of what we have been able
to do, namely, that every
candidate is welcomed here
and we must have equal
access to the print and to the
electronic media including
government-owned media.
Every minute they allocate to
one party, an equal time
must be allocated to other
parties.”
Re: Hold Jonathan Responsible If Polls Are Rigged– Buhari by debest1(m): 11:58am On Mar 29, 2011
GEJ can put structures in place, the determined cheats will always find ways to beat the system, so laying the blame solely at the feet of GEJ is a bit mischievous , i guess Buhari would equally blame Jonathan if CPC supporters were to rig the election in his favour?
Re: Hold Jonathan Responsible If Polls Are Rigged– Buhari by egift(m): 12:28pm On Mar 29, 2011
I like that - Mr Jonathan its now or never , to do it right. Anyone that is thinking Nigerians will take rigging this time around lying down is a madman. grin grin
Re: Hold Jonathan Responsible If Polls Are Rigged– Buhari by Nobody: 2:21pm On Mar 29, 2011
I think Buhari should be bold enough to say
"If I don't "win" this election then Jonathan must die".

Anybody who has not seen that Mr President has shown enough goodwill towards a free and fair election must be blinded by emotions or simply being mischevious and that includes Buhari.

The ACN member caught with INEC results sheets last in Anambra State should be left to go free while Mr President should be held responsible.

Buhari and his gang of over ambitious soldeirs were the ones who brought this calamity upon us, and I hold them (him personally) responsible if this election is rigged.
Re: Hold Jonathan Responsible If Polls Are Rigged– Buhari by slimghost(m): 2:31pm On Mar 29, 2011
This man is a goat!!! Tell us how u are going to solve our problems instead making stupid and dumb statements.
Re: Hold Jonathan Responsible If Polls Are Rigged– Buhari by Beaf: 2:34pm On Mar 29, 2011
noblezone:

I think Buhari should be bold enough to say
"If I don't "win" this election then Jonathan must die".

Anybody who has not seen that Mr President has shown enough goodwill towards a free and fair election must be blinded by emotions or simply being mischevious and that includes Buhari.

The ACN member caught with INEC results sheets last in Anambra State should be left to go free while Mr President should be held responsible.

Buhari and his gang of over ambitious soldeirs were the ones who brought this calamity upon us, and I hold them (him personally) responsible if this election is rigged.

Thats basically it.
Re: Hold Jonathan Responsible If Polls Are Rigged– Buhari by seanet02: 3:32pm On Mar 29, 2011
The auto-bot has come again
Re: Hold Jonathan Responsible If Polls Are Rigged– Buhari by efisher(m): 5:42pm On Mar 29, 2011
He has seen the handwriting on the wall. He has to find an excuse ahead of his defeat. Not to worry, this is the last time anyone will take him serious.
Re: Hold Jonathan Responsible If Polls Are Rigged– Buhari by Jakumo(m): 6:33pm On Mar 29, 2011
Ayatollah Buggari is preparing his little mind for that record lucky SEVENTH electoral loss that he will have racked up when Nigeria's current and new president is re-affirmed by the people later in 2011.

Ever the sore loser, the terminally ill 95-year old Ayatollah is crying foul even before the polls open, and will of course ice the cake with yet another FAILED lawsuit protesting his assured annihilation at the upcoming polls, before finally fading into debt-ridden obscurity.
Re: Hold Jonathan Responsible If Polls Are Rigged– Buhari by kasiem(m): 6:41pm On Mar 29, 2011
Since this thing started campaigning, i've not seen him say any sensible thing other than inflammatory words. Is that the change that he's bringing? Is he trying to turn naija in arab world? Man dont make usa's prediction come true this year!

(1) (Reply)

Me, A Drug Courier? / Cn / Taliban Suicide Bombs Kill 80, Injure 120 To Avenge Bin Laden Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.