Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,204 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:00 AM

How Much Does Online Companies Pay As Tax? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Much Does Online Companies Pay As Tax? (278 Views)

Time For Online Companies To Pay Tax In Africa / How Companies Pay It Owners & Shareholders - Entrepreneurs / NLNG Remits $6.5b As Tax To FIRS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Much Does Online Companies Pay As Tax? by Emmy2009(m): 1:27pm On Jan 01, 2021
Hey guys, I incorporated a new company few weeks ago and looking to get a corporate account soon. However, I dont have a physical office since my business is 100percent online. How does company tax work for this kind of business and how do I pay it?
Re: How Much Does Online Companies Pay As Tax? by Donald3d(m): 3:39pm On Jan 01, 2021
Emmy2009:
Hey guys, I incorporated a new company few weeks ago and looking to get a corporate account soon. However, I dont have a physical office since my business is 100percent online. How does company tax work for this kind of business and how do I pay it?

I am also curious, I have read about it. But I didn't get satisfactory info
Re: How Much Does Online Companies Pay As Tax? by Emmy2009(m): 6:31pm On Jan 04, 2021
Can someone help with an answer
Re: How Much Does Online Companies Pay As Tax? by PatrickOkunima(m): 7:12pm On Jan 04, 2021
To the best of my knowledge, Nigerian businesses that operate 100% online do not pay taxes. They ought to by law, but they don't. The ones with physical offices default, how much more one without an office. How will the FIRS locate you?

Edited:

The tax rate is 30% or 40% of profit, depending on the industry: non oil and gas or oil and gas.
Re: How Much Does Online Companies Pay As Tax? by Emmy2009(m): 5:43pm On Jan 13, 2021
PatrickOkunima:
To the best of my knowledge, Nigerian businesses that operate 100% online do not pay taxes. They ought to by law, but they don't. The ones with physical offices default, how much more one without an office. How will the FIRS locate you?

Edited:

The tax rate is 30% or 40% of profit, depending on the industry: non oil and gas or oil and gas.

What? 30% of profit. I thought it was 7% or something. That's too much
Re: How Much Does Online Companies Pay As Tax? by PatrickOkunima(m): 6:27pm On Jan 13, 2021
Emmy2009:

What? 30% of profit. I thought it was 7% or something. That's too much

Taxation is a complex subject.

VAT is 7.5%
CIT is 30 or 40%.
Businesses that are not incorporated (Sole proprietor, partnership) pay personal income tax which varies, but may not be up to 20%. There's a calculation for that.

(1) (Reply)

How Can I Go About Hire Purchase Of Suzuki Bus. / Tech Blog For Sale / Survival Fund: FG Disbursed N27B For MSMES Guaranteed Off-take Scheme Portal Ope

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.